Segmental Lefort 1 vs SARPE

D

Deleted member 20631

Deleting soon, goodbye forever
I need one of them due to my narrow palate and slight bimaxillary protrusion. I’m leaning towards segmental Lefort since going with SARPE would delay my surgery.

Could anyone informed of the pros and cons of each procedure share some information?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Useless ass fucking website I’ll just ask my surgeon

Have you heard of SAMARPE?

No I haven’t, could you elaborate on it?
It's Surgically Assisted Mini-Screw Anchored Rapid Palatal Expansion, so it's basically SARPE except anchored to the bone. I'm trying to figure out if it's the same as MSE or a type of MSE. MSE has advantages that 3-piece Lefort doesn't, like widening zygos, I think. That's why I'd rather get that. Why SAMARPE and not MSE? Because Ramieri does SAMARPE and I assume it would be more affordable than a US surgeon, but maybe there are cheaper options for MSE.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
It's Surgically Assisted Mini-Screw Anchored Rapid Palatal Expansion, so it's basically SARPE except anchored to the bone. I'm trying to figure out if it's the same as MSE or a type of MSE. MSE has advantages that 3-piece Lefort doesn't, like widening zygos, I think. That's why I'd rather get that. Why SAMARPE and not MSE? Because Ramieri does SAMARPE and I assume it would be more affordable than a US surgeon, but maybe there are cheaper options for MSE.
I don’t care about widening zygos since mine are already quite wide, I’d rather have my mouth/lips widened and if a Segmental Lefort can provide that I’d rather go with that.

I don’t care about widening zygos since mine are already quite wide, I’d rather have my mouth/lips widened and if a Segmental Lefort can provide that I’d rather go with that.
I think the way it works is the segments rotate outward, so there's more expansion towards the rear of the palate than at the front, so it might not widen mouth and lips as much? Not sure.

• +1
I think the way it works is the segments rotate outward, so there's more expansion towards the rear of the palate than at the front, so it might not widen mouth and lips as much? Not sure.
I’ll bring it up at my next consultation I also don’t want too much expansion near the front since it’ll fuck my alar base if it widens it too much

I’ll bring it up at my next consultation I also don’t want too much expansion near the front since it’ll fuck my alar base if it widens it too much
How did your consultation go bro? Or has it not happened yet

• +1