Should I get Extractions for Bimaxillary Protrusion?

Lebron_James

Lebron_James

JorBUM cant get 40k
I'm gonna visit the orthodontist in a week because bimaxillary protrusion fucked up my bite. Like on the left side of face none of my teeth touch and on the right side they touch and grind on eachother with 1. Moves the teeth and 2. makes my masseter super tight, almost like I have tmj

I know extractions + braces are the most common solution but I saw this image on reddit:

and it still didn't fix the problem. Maybe its because she's asian and this problem is a lot more prevalent in her community but I'm just worried that the orthodontist is gonna extract my teeth and put me in braces for another year after I already had to wear them for 18 months.

are there any alternate solutions to this? or is there anything I should ask the ortho before doing the procedure so my face bones don't get messed up?

Or I shouldn’t get extraction?
Extraction is a risk factor for sleep apnea due to that the bone where the tooth was gets absorbed and thus pushes so the jaw more set back. This will also translate into looks look up john mew orthodontics vs orthotropics the one with extraction has a flatter face. You dont want this looksmin. IMO this is not worth it.

Extraction are known to give TMJ btw so this would worsen this issue of yours. I personally would research more into what other alternatives there are. I dont have it on my own but maybe there are if you look hard enough

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Ugh..
  • Love it
Reactions: axsen, steroids, Allornothing and 1 other person
Extraction is a risk factor for sleep apnea due to that the bone where the tooth was gets absorbed and pushing the jaw more set back. This will also translate into looks look up john mew orthodontics vs orthotropics the one with extraction has a flatter face. You dont want this looksmin. IMO this is not worth it.

Extraction are known to give TMJ btw so this would worsen this issue of yours. I personally would research more into what other alternatives there are. I dont have it on my own but maybe there are if you look hard enough
Alr thanks, I’ll make sure to bring it up with my ortho and try to find another solution

• +1
Reactions: SeriousAscension
I'm gonna visit the orthodontist in a week because bimaxillary protrusion fucked up my bite. Like on the left side of face none of my teeth touch and on the right side they touch and grind on eachother with 1. Moves the teeth and 2. makes my masseter super tight, almost like I have tmj

I know extractions + braces are the most common solution but I saw this image on reddit:
View attachment 2812971
and it still didn't fix the problem. Maybe its because she's asian and this problem is a lot more prevalent in her community but I'm just worried that the orthodontist is gonna extract my teeth and put me in braces for another year after I already had to wear them for 18 months.

are there any alternate solutions to this? or is there anything I should ask the ortho before doing the procedure so my face bones don't get messed up?
Are you black? If not, what race are you?

View attachment 2812971

wait so u got bimax and it fucked u up even more I’m confused

wait so u got bimax and it fucked u up even more I’m confused
nah I had braces and they recessed me to mumbai and back and then said "my bite is perfect :soy::soy:" which it isn't since its uneven jfl.

TLDR: Korean ortho recessed me with braces and gave me an uneven bite and then sent me out

female alert

• JFL
Reactions: Lebron_James
I don't know why people don't try to look good with the protrusion, just try to match jaw chin midface and browridge through surgeries, that won't work?

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Lebron_James and Allornothing
It’s literally a procedure to become whiter. Do it.

That woman must have had a conservative retraction and done too little or something because that’s bullshit. She still even has a slight underbite.

Last edited:
I don't know why people don't try to look good with the protrusion, just try to match jaw chin midface and browridge through surgeries, that won't work?
Bimaxillary protrusion means your teeth are proclined beyond the alveolar bone and causes an unsightly mouth protrusion and recessed chin. It’s just ugly. No reason to keep it.

It’s literally a procedure to become whiter. Do it.

That woman must have had a conservative retraction and done too little or something because that’s bullshit. She still even has an overjet.
Won't it fuck up my facial bones and recess me even further with elastics if they remove alveolar? and I'm pretty sure they already recessed my maxilla with elastics when I had braces to correct crooked teeth.

Bimaxillary protrusion means your teeth are proclined beyond the alveolar bone and causes an unsightly mouth protrusion and recessed chin. It’s just ugly. No reason to keep it.
The woman is a very extreme case, what if u have something like tha barret's famous side pic type protrusion

something like this, I have something similar to this type of protrusion

Won't it fuck up my facial bones and recess me even further with elastics if they remove alveolar? and I'm pretty sure they already recessed my maxilla with elastics when I had braces to correct crooked teeth.
These myths arise because no one here (including myself) has any idea what dentists actually do.

Braces and elastics won’t move the maxilla. They will just move the teeth within the fixed alveolar bone of the maxilla to align them properly. This won’t make your maxilla look flat.

I’m not sure what you mean by “remove alveolar”. All they’ll do for bimaxillary protrusion is tilt the teeth back so they are more flush and in line with the angle of the alveolar bone.

Last edited:
nah I had braces and they recessed me to mumbai and back and then said "my bite is perfect :soy::soy:" which it isn't since its uneven jfl.

TLDR: Korean ortho recessed me with braces and gave me an uneven bite and then sent me out
damn and I was about to get braces to fix over bite brutal I’ll just wait til surgery

• +1
damn and I was about to get braces to fix over bite brutal I’ll just wait til surgery
yeah bro, orthos will get a hardon over straigh teeth and fuck over your facial aesthetics

yeah bro, orthos will get a hardon over straigh teeth and fuck over your facial aesthetics
I just use mine to get an referral to a shit surgeron so I can see what I need

• JFL
Barrett has healthy, feminine mouth protrusion, and slight maxillary prognathism. Not at all similar to bimaxillary protrusion.
i have bimaxillary prognathism too, could extractions make me look recessed or it would just fix my chin protusion?

i have bimaxillary prognathism too, could extractions make me look recessed or it would just fix my chin protusion?
It will fix your chin. People say teeth extractions can make you recessed but the logic behind this makes little sense. I would have to see a proper example to believe it.

It will fix your chin. People say teeth extractions can make you recessed but the logic behind this makes little sense. I would have to see a proper example to believe it.
very interesting, my chin has good projection (9,18mm, 2 cm above average) but don't look very projected due to my prognathism

View attachment 2812971

that is just weight loss imagine saying extractions