Should the “no low effort” rule be revoked?

Should it?

• Total voters
Michael Myers

Michael Myers

Staff
When I first became a moderator, I introduced this rule in the Ratings section as a way to keep the subforum clean. But, it’s garnered criticism not only from users but also staff members because it was seen as arbitrary and not concise enough a rule. We all know part of .org culture is to be shitty to one another, so to try and get rid of it probably wasn’t in line with the rest of the forum. Instead of warning, I’m thinking of just removing posts that seem harsh. What do you guys say?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: seethe, <6PSLcel, Debetro and 2 others

• +1
Reactions: ascension
I think it should. If I were to post my face, I would want the feedback to be as honest as possible even it were "low effort." Low effort and harsh feedback is also probably more genuine and authentic in a way.

Leave islam

• +1
Reactions: Zeruel
does this affect black SMV?

• JFL
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and HTN_Mentalcel
I think it should. If I were to post my face, I would want the feedback to be as honest as possible even it were "low effort." Low effort and harsh feedback is also probably more genuine and authentic in a way.
I get what you’re saying. Though we had a user commit suicide and although we weren’t necessarily responsible for it, I felt like being nicer might’ve made the difference.
Leave islam
Astagfirullah.
Deathnik detected.
does this affect black SMV?
Racist jokes will be allowed as a result.

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: seethe, Luffymaxxing, lemonnz and 2 others
Up to you boss, you’re the top G(engar) around here so do what’s best for us all : )

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Michael Myers and seethe
I voted Yes because I hate all of you, this place is just too far gone to be salvaged

• Love it
Reactions: incel194012940
Up to you boss, you’re the top G(engar) around here so do what’s best for us all : )
I used to give out a lot of warnings because everyone kept breaking the rule. And administrators didn’t really agree with my take on what is low effort and what isn’t. Thus this question.
I voted Yes because I hate all of you, this place is just too far gone to be salvaged
Joever for us.

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel