Someone tell me if what Dr. Mike Mew says about mewing is bullshit or not.

Deleted member 3202

Deleted member 3202

Motivatemaxxing
I need to know because I am thinking about getting surgery for my recessed maxilla. Don't want to fuck it up.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Only during developmental years.

https://forum.****************/thre...w-has-literally-non-existent-cheekbones.1764/

nobody mews during then and the kids who do find out are always like 15-18 but it can help a little then because your still developing some

• +1
Reactions: Mansnob and Deleted member 685
nobody mews during then and the kids who do find out are always like 15-18 but it can help a little then because your still developing some
Lol there are some who do it naturally m8. Because they were breastfed enough

• +1
Reactions: Ruby and Mansnob
So what surgeries can I get that will correct this (money is not a concern)?

how tf does breastfeeding have to do with it .

I guess it's good that I'm 18 lol, kind of.

• +1
No one knows for sure
It's better to do it tho, you have nothing to lose

how tf does breastfeeding have to do with it .
Do your research and you'll find out. Very complex tongue and swallowing movements are done when breastfeeding. It also prevents underdeveloped jaws

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430 and retard
At least my face isn't TOTALLY fucked, my eyes, brow, nose (mostly un-fucked), and mouth are excellent, but my maxilla is shit and my jawline is just average.

• +1
Np :) lemme know if you have any other questions, been on this site for a while
Could you tell me one last thing? Have you had a lefort I? And could you possibly tell me your surgeon (if you did)?

Could you tell me one last thing? Have you had a lefort I? And could you possibly tell me your surgeon (if you did)?
Nope, I'm sure you can find people online that have had experience with it though.

no one had any lefort here and prolly wont

Lefort is brutal it ain't a normal surgery take a look at it online and see for yourself

Jesus, guess someone needs to shed some light on things.

If your dental arch is wide enough and well-developed, your tongue automatically rests on the palate. It makes no sense whatsoever to try and force it up there if your maxilla is too small and narrow. It's like an adult trying to fit his feet into children's shoes.

If you still want to be able to "mew" or have proper tongue posture, you need to widen your dental arch beforehand. Even Dr Mew himself knows this and uses palate expanders and other appliances on his patients to achieve that. Sometimes even surgery is neccessary.

• +1
Reactions: GenericChad1444 and Deleted member 685
Is 8-12 month good?
Probably not ideal but better than nothing for sure, don't feel bad about it though, there's not much you can change about it except of ensuring your kids will grow up with good development

• +1
Reactions: Newguyaround
Holy shit you're right! Looks like I'm screwed lol.
don't listen to the autists op lefort is reserved for deformities they won't do it themselves it's dangerous

I've met Mike Mew in person and I didn't particularly trust a word he said.

• +1
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer and Deleted member 685
I need to know because I am thinking about getting surgery for my recessed maxilla. Don't want to fuck it up.
if you are a good candidate for ortbognatic surgery and can afford it, you can forget all the shit about tongue posture and undergo the surgery

Get a fixed anterior growth guidance appliance (FAGGA). Also chew enough.

isn't measuring your incisors to the tip of your nose a good way to tell if you have a recessed maxilla?