Spaced Repetition useless?

D

Deleted member 6128

Pruhtty Women 🫶
If your exam is in 2 weeks tbh I see no point in doing spaced repetition but idk any other study methods apart from doing past papers which I alr do

Recommend me other studying techniques

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and pneumocystosis
Same bro semester 2 exams in 2 weeks but I haven’t attended a single lecture in 2 months :feelswhy:

• JFL
Reactions: JovenCansao, poopoohead and Deleted member 6128
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: pneumocystosis and Deleted member 14693
My study method when time is sparse:

Read the information as often as possible and reread it the entire day.

If its a subject like math or physic or smth similar look at the theory first and then practice the exercises 24/7.

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis, Magnum Opus and Deleted member 6128
My study method when time is sparse:

Read the information as often as possible and reread it the entire day.
Thats literally spaced repetition

I prefer doing test papers instead because what you read will never stick so instead its better to become accustomed with the questions on the paper

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis and Deleted member 14693
Thats literally spaced repetition

I prefer doing test papers instead because what you read will never stick so instead its better to become accustomed with the questions on the paper
No, spaced repetition is when you first review the information every second day and then review it in greater and greater time differences so you learn the information long term.

If you just have to learn fast for the test though you read everything as often as possible right before the test, this will help you in the test but not for retaining the information long term.

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis, Deleted member 6128 and Respalier
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LowTrust, pneumocystosis and lightskinbengali
Nothing mogs paying attention and participating in class and doing all your assignments honestly, at least with a good teacher.

• +1
Reactions: LowTrust
Nothing mogs paying attention and participating in class and doing all your assignments honestly, at least with a good teacher.
2-FMA + a few weeks of studying with a decent study method > 1 year of school/college/university

• +1
Reactions: JovenCansao
step 1. read a topic
step 2. close the book and literally teach urself the topic from start to finish without missing out a key detail but dont memorize it, genuinely try to intuitively learn
step 3. if u get stuck somewhere, go back read whereever u got stuck, go back to step 2
step 4. u will have learnt it

this is Richard Feynman's method of learning by the way

Spaced repetition is legit just shrink the intervals to a smaller timeframe

most time efficient study method: cheat