Subcision- the best way to defeat acne scars

Yes accutane is of course the best treatment but it reduces igf-1 by 20-50%. Igf-1 is partly responsible for acne but it's also responsible for growth.

Hgh along with insulin,thyroid hormones and protein creates igf-1 which is responsible for bone growth related to height (the correlation between igf-1 and height was like 0.9 iirc) frame and your face.

Which is why i think reducing DHT is a better approach, the sexual sides affect 2-4% (from the original FDA approval studies) as long as you are tanner stage 5 you shouldn't experience any stunted development since DHT only works in the areas it is produced ( skin, hair and prostate) where it only does bad things and induce hair growth on your beard and body which i consider bad

Do you think taking anti histamines with treatments other than accutane is legit?
anti-histamines are always legit, there are a alot of histamine releases that affect acne and most over the counter histamine releases will cover majority of those.

• +1
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski
B5 overdose was a interesting study, but there are other supplements that you can take instead, although B5 shouldn’t cause any insane health concerns.
Wdym other supps?

Yeah, the only side is hair loss which can be mitigated with l-cysteine or l-carnitine for more CoA production while taking less b5 and biotin/ b complex in the morning/evening

Wdym other supps?

Yeah, the only side is hair loss which can be mitigated with l-cysteine or l-carnitine for more CoA production while taking less b5 and biotin/ b complex in the morning/evening
Other supplements such as 50,000IU vd3, omega-3, vC, Magnesium, vA

• +1
I got subcision on my cystic acne scars like ten years ago. It worked better than laser. Made a huge difference from a single treatment, I didn't even get filler. I took vitamin C and collagen after.

How long do I have to take dutasteride to shrink oil gland on nose? Is it permanent once I stop?

In theory
Doesn't subcision cause facial sagging? This side effect was reported a lot on the forums. Also it is used for untethering scars, and they can retether after a few months so it isn't really permament unless you do a few treatments.

Once i'll get rid of all acne and PIE i'll try to find a better solution
yeah its pretty bad and what ends up happening very often is the surgeon just cuts the fibers of ur skin like a retard (usually not even the scar itself) which obviously causes sagging. 99% of results u see on the internet of subcision are combined with filler. the only thing i would do subcision for is if ur really desperate or u have a one specific spot that u want untethered and have a good precise derm to do it

just look at this, what do u think is gonna end up happening to ur face?

• +1
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski and RealSurgerymax
yeah its pretty bad and what ends up happening very often is the surgeon just cuts the fibers of ur skin like a retard (usually not even the scar itself) which obviously causes sagging. 99% of results u see on the internet of subcision are combined with filler. the only thing i would do subcision for is if ur really desperate or u have a one specific spot that u want untethered and have a good precise derm to do it

just look at this, what do u think is gonna end up happening to ur face?

So do you recommend other tretments for tethered scars or should we just treat them with the same treatments that non-tethered scars are treated with (MN, TCA etc.)

I've heard of some lasers that can supposedly untether scars and there is some talk in new studies about using new procedures to minimize the risk but idk how well it would work and whether derms would even do them. Subcision is done everywhere, while these new treatments would take a while to get adapted by derms.

@AySab

• +1
Reactions: AySab
So do you recommend other tretments for tethered scars or should we just treat them with the same treatments that non-tethered scars are treated with (MN, TCA etc.)

I've heard of some lasers that can supposedly untether scars and there is some talk in new studies about using new procedures to minimize the risk but idk how well it would work and whether derms would even do them. Subcision is done everywhere, while these new treatments would take a while to get adapted by derms.

@AySab
go with the generic solution, subcision then co2 and whatever afterwards.
usually subcision and CO2 is enough to completely delete all scars.
Might take more sessions depending on severity though.

• +1
yes just ignore the fact that it can create new infliction scars

go with the generic solution, subcision then co2 and whatever afterwards.
usually subcision and CO2 is enough to completely delete all scars.
Might take more sessions depending on severity though.
yeah its pretty bad and what ends up happening very often is the surgeon just cuts the fibers of ur skin like a retard (usually not even the scar itself) which obviously causes sagging. the only thing i would do subcision for is if ur really desperate or u have a one specific spot that u want untethered and have a good precise derm to do it
So you think this isn't a risk?

@AySab
likely i would just do co2 or peels. you could still obv do subcision its pretty good for scars, just not the face usually

lasers and peels do unthether your scars unless they are stuck really deep, it just takes a few sessions

Last edited: