Teeth extraction and bone loss

Sameer Ali

Sameer Ali

Batman
Does teeth extraction without retraction cause recessed mandible or chin and maxilla?

• +1
Reactions: andy9432
Yes it does, especially if its not wisdom teeth. Even wisdom teeth removal will lead to some bone loss. @MakinItHappen

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, buflek and MakinItHappen
Do it and forever regret your sin.

• +1
Reactions: andy9432 and buflek
Yes it does, especially if its not wisdom teeth. Even wisdom teeth removal will lead to some bone loss. @MakinItHappen
What if it is supernumerary teeth( extra teeth) because I extract it but I still have 32 teeth

loss of bone mass from wisdom teeth removal is still anecdotal stuff tbh. everyone feels different..i think some people just placebo themselves into thinking their face is narrower after the swelling is gone

• +1
loss of bone mass from wisdom teeth removal is still anecdotal stuff tbh. everyone feels different..i think some people just placebo themselves into thinking their face is narrower after the swelling is gone
There will be some bone loss, but at the end of the day, i dont think it matters too much compared to the other teeth, as the wisdom teeth were removed for a reason (cannot stimulate due to horizontal impact) but other teeth that u use everyday to chew with etc = death sentence

• +1
Reactions: buflek
Is there any way in the world to fix it affects ?

Yes, bone-graft. Which is what I and Andy did lol. But we still will never get our bone fully back. And structure.

If you lose bone, other bones have to move so the face is comfortable around the maxilla.

I lost upper maxilla and lower cheekbone.

• +1
Yes, bone-graft. Which is what I and Andy did lol. But we still will never get our bone fully back. And structure.

If you lose bone, other bones have to move so the face is comfortable around the maxilla.

What is ur opinion on wisdom teeth removal?

There will be some bone loss, but at the end of the day, i dont think it matters too much compared to the other teeth, as the wisdom teeth were removed for a reason (cannot stimulate due to horizontal impact) but other teeth that u use everyday to chew with etc = death sentence
Is there any way to fix it and it's affects

What is ur opinion on wisdom teeth removal?

I don't know enough. What I do know is losing Molars 1 and 2 is a near death sentence. Premolars too. But Molars' especially.

• +1
Reactions: buflek and andy9432
Is there any way to fix it and it's affects
bone grafts, as makinithappen said, also dental implants, but u had more than 32 teeth, not sure how that works out tbh

I don't know enough. What I do know is losing Molars 1 and 2 is a near death sentence. Premolars too. But Molars' especially.
i see, and i lost molar 2, wisdom teeth is molar 3, but u dont chew with that as it is the farthest back teeth, and it feels super awkward.

But u are 100% right, Molar 1 and 2 sits DIRECTLY ABOVE the masseter muscle, if 1 of them is removed, the masseter WONT be PROPERLY STIMULATED, no matter how much or hard u chew!

bone grafts, as makinithappen said, also dental implants, but u had more than 32 teeth, not sure how that works out tbh

one-graft. Which is what I and Andy did lol. But we still will never get our bone fully back. And structure.

If I have still 32 teeth it means I don't have bone loss

What if we do other implants ( jaw and other) nad also do bimax , so it fully fix it

I think this is a problem, do u have open spaces for teeth?
Yes but that teeth look like narrow rod (very narrower from actual premolar)so I have narrow space between teeths

NOT molars though. Don't tell me it's placebo for molars.

• +1
Reactions: andy9432 and buflek
  • +1
Reactions: andy9432 and MakinItHappen