THE BROCODE TOP 7 FILMS OF 2023 [Official List From The Head of PSL Film Critics Association]

slayer69

slayer69

Forum Advisor

At first, art imitates life. Then life will imitate art. Then life will find its very existence from the arts.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky

Welcome everybody!

Welcome To
THE BROCODE
TOP 7 FILMS OF 2023

As the resident film connoisseur, I wanted to bring to you guys the best films of 2023 among the many that came out.

This time, instead of just posting the list, I will add a few remarks, and my thoughts.
AND A SPECIAL "worst movie of the year" award at the end.

Some thoughts about 2023 in film before I get to the list:
2023 had a lot of releases, some excellent, some good, and a good amount of bad. However, we can say it is sort of a "comeback" for the film industry(s) after these past few years, though not as golden as the mid 2000s, or the early 2010s, we are definitely headed in that direction upcoming, and 2023 as a trend, has BEEN a drastic improvement in cinema -- storytelling wise, content wise, and of course visually.

THE BROCODE TOP 7 FILM LIST 2023

NUMBER 7
AIR
Directed by Ben Affleck
English Language
USA

Ben Affleck Directional, Starring Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, Movie about Nike signing Michael Jordan and creating the "Air Jordan" brand. You literally cannot go wrong with this and Air just ELEVATES the whole story with its easy going nature and sportive spirit. the movie bangs and is very relaxed. good movie to watch to relax after a long day.

NUMBER 6
ANATOMY OF A FALL
Directed by Justine Triet
French, English Multilingual
France

image.png

I'll be very real with you guys on this, this movie starts off as something like ur average cinematic drama movie but goddamn it transitions so so effortlessly into a compelling gripping whodunnit story with a smooth as fuk transition. and to top it off, it is layered with very untouched emotions especially about parenting, childhood trauma, feeling emasculated, murder, marriage dynamics, social dominance, and crystal clear elements of ethno-nationalism.

NUMBER 5

OPPENHEIMER
Directed by Christopher Nolan
English Language
USA

image.png

Most would've seen this movie, Oppenheimer bangs. my favorite thing about this movie is that Oppenheimer is a big shot prof that doesn't know his actions are being tracked by the government even though he attends commie gatherings jfl

NUMBER 4
ANIMAL
Directed by Sandeep Reddy Vanga
Hindi Language
India

image.png

Looksim-core as fuck, this movie is an absolute banger. Father Son Drama, with GUNS and violence, homage to old boy, godfather, and other good cinema, a lot of Pulp, ALL WHILE BEING RAW and sharing the same ethics and morales as me? Please, just take my money. I watched this movie 4 times btw. Yes, 4 times with a Runtime of 3hrs 21mins.

NUMBER 3
PAST LIVES
Directed by Celine Song
Korea, English Multilingual
USA

image.png

I first came to know of this movie's existence via PSL User on a forum. He posted a trailer and then tagged me as soon as a fellow cinemacel.
I dismissed it as shit without even watching the trailer that thread as soon as I found out its from A24.
Boy I was so fucking wrong.
Everyone kept talking about this movie in the film circles and I wanted to see what the fuzz was about. And goddamn fuck, Celine Song in her Directional DEBUT film, delivered to the HIGHEST. Literally Flawless and had me on my HIGH EMOTIONAL peak edge all the time. Past Lives is top 3 movies of 2023 without a second thought.

NUMBER 2
KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON
Directed by Martin Scorsese
English Language
USA

That's right, the film I'd been crazy about all year long and had been shilling for isn't my top #1.
But that's only and I mean only because of the next movie on this list.
That aside, Killers of The Flower moon is a literal Masterpiece, Scorsese's Career finest.
Imagine the correct PSL formula to crafting the perfect face, which can convert prime Gandy to a Yottachad.
Well, Scorsese just created that but for Gangster Cinema and pulled it off effortlessly. its insane.

Engaging as fuck every second through its 3hrs 26mins runtime. this film is GOLD.

NUMBER 1
MAY DECEMBER
Directed by Todd Haynes
English Language
USA

image.png

Where do I even start. Disturbing, Absorbing, Enticing, BRUTE, Raw, Romantic, Utterly Naked. Fucking GOATED.
Director Todd Haynes took Burch's screenplay and romanticized the living fuck out of it. So Wonderfuly.
Natalie Portman is fucking HOT, she is SEXY and u get ur cock hard watching on screen. she is fucking legendary as an actress and juliana moore also killed it. However the ultimate acting mog machine in this movie is Charles Melton. That nigga LIVED it. He went full send fucking mode and he didn't hold back one bit. BONE CHILLING.

About the movie itself, I don't want to give even 1 spoiler or any idea about the movie as it will ruin the cinematic experience, but the film effortlessly touches on so many existential, epistemological, and societal questions.
ALL through storytelling. ALL of it. May December is fucking beautiful.

____

SPECIAL AWARD: Worst film of the year
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse.

seriously dont even bother watching this crap unless you wanna induce icu-tier migranes and kill urself. the worst movie of the year and possibly one of the worst sequels ever produced to a banger first movie.

___

Ending thoughts
I noticed this pattern after I made the thread, I have 2 established powerhouse directors (Scorsese, Nolan),
2 Female Directors (Song, Triest), 3 arthouse mogger directors who gives 0 fucks about conventions (Vanga, Affleck, Haynes).
Diversity pool is very good coincidentally.

mr-bean.gif

Female Led Movies (Anatomy of a Fall, May December), Male Led Movies (Animal, Air, Oppenheimer), Equal Weightage to both men and Women (Past Lives, Killers of the flower moon). And this is without including Barbie.
Just goes to show that women can make film, good film, watchable good film. without making it a "toxic feminism" or whatever other stuff that gets frequently talked about when women make cinema. And we saw a decent volume of it this year.

aplausos-the-rock.gif

___

THAT CONCLUDES THE BROCODE TOP 7 FILMS LIST 2023.

giphy.gif

@Xangsane @BrahminBoss @Preston @pispot @Manletmachine @judgeandjury @khvirgin @Aypo129 @AscendingHero @forevergymcelling @Iasacrko

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Mosh12, LooksThinker, futuregigamogger and 12 others
Damn Ben affleck directed Oppenheimer? News to me

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Latinolooksmaxxer and BrahminBoss
@Manletmachine were u surprised to see something on there/not on there?

Oppenheimer is the only movie I heard of.
Motherfucker pulling movie names outta his ass "muh mAy DeCemBer muh EnDinG thOuGhts"

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: LooksThinker and Manletmachine
Oppenheimer is the only movie I heard of.
Motherfucker pulling movie names outta his ass "muh mAy DeCemBer muh EnDinG thOuGhts"
may december is too good brah u should watch it

its only 1hr 50mins too

I want to add that anyone planning to watch "rebel Moon", just don't get too excited

You can tell they spent a lot of money making it but it's nothing special

Instead I can recommend great movie from 2007 called "stardust", it's a fantasy that you don't want to end

• +1
Reactions: slayer69
I want to add that anyone planning to watch "rebel Moon", just don't get too excited

You can tell they spent a lot of money making it but it's nothing special

Instead I can recommend great movie from 2007 called "stardust", it's a fantasy that you don't want to end
do you agree with the list? Disagree?
Surprise films you didn’t see coming? Perhaps I didn’t add ones you were expecting?
The order?

Tell me ur thoughts

do you agree with the list? Disagree?
Surprise films you didn’t see coming? Perhaps I didn’t add ones you were expecting?
The order?

Tell me ur thoughts
Well I do watch movies but not every day, and when I do it's usually older ones since I have an enormous watchlist

Even though I didn't watch them, Oppenheimer and killers of the flower moon, just by seeing what others said, I have no doubt that they are great

But I'm interested in your opinion if you watched "Barbie", heard a lot of polarizing opinions on it

Well I do watch movies but not every day, and when I do it's usually older ones since I have an enormous watchlist
Which are the ones you’ve seen lately? I’ve watched a shit ton of good old movies
Even though I didn't watch them, Oppenheimer and killers of the flower moon, just by seeing what others said, I have no doubt that they are great
They are extremely good
But I'm interested in your opinion if you watched "Barbie", heard a lot of polarizing opinions on it
Barbie was mid, carried by Ryan Gosling and his character’s side story and aura

• +1
Reactions: BoredPrince
How is animal looksim-core? What same ethics and morals? He was legit Machiavelli when it comes to family and normal overall. Also, have you seen kaala paani? good watch

How is animal looksim-core?
Lookism.net not looking the phenomenon, you would know if you were on the site
What same ethics and morals?
He had high family values and high standards in the way he operated business, having an open listening mind. He was only a brute when it came to something being a danger to him. He was very strategic otherwise
He was legit Machiavelli when it comes to family and normal overall.
No he wasn’t. Watch the film.
Also, have you seen kaala paani? good watch
Just looked it up, i haven’t seen it, I’m not a big watcher of tv shows

Lookism.net not looking the phenomenon, you would know if you were on the site
How is animal movie lookism-core? Only the alpha part i found legit but otherwise i did not see any lookism
He had high family values and high standards in the way he operated business, having an open listening mind. He was only a brute when it came to something being a danger to him. He was very strategic otherwise
True, makes sense.
No he wasn’t. Watch the film.
I did, i found him normal otherwise in terms of morality. Most of the killing was because of defence.
Just looked it up, i haven’t seen it, I’m not a big watcher of tv shows
Also, not seen asur?

Which are the ones you’ve seen lately? I’ve watched a shit ton of good old movies
If you mean good old movies, they would be;
- cruel intentions (first one only)
- stardust
- howl's mowing castle
- rose Island
- spirited away
- good will hunting
- green book
- tenet
- Boyz n the hood
- the faculty
- October sky
- all quiet on the western front
- drive...

These aren't all old movies but I meant more in a sense they didn't come out this year, so everything before that
They are extremely good

Barbie was mid, carried by Ryan Gosling and his character’s side story and aura
I thought so

I did watch yesterday "no hard feelings" with Jennifer Lawrence and it was pretty decent comedy plus Jennifer is full frontal nude in it

i enjoyed Saw X

How is animal looksim-core? What same ethics and morals? He was legit Machiavelli when it comes to family and normal overall.
average postmodern late-capitalism ethics

• +1
I don't think the autists here watch films but good thread

• +1
Fuck you for not including "the holdovers"

I’m not watching those kike films

• JFL
Reactions: Latinolooksmaxxer
If you mean good old movies, they would be;
- cruel intentions (first one only)
- stardust
- howl's mowing castle
- rose Island
- spirited away
- good will hunting
- green book
- tenet
- Boyz n the hood
- the faculty
- October sky
- all quiet on the western front
- drive...
Oh lol i thought u meant more like 20s 30s 40s 50s and 60s haha
But alright alright

• +1
Oh lol i thought u meant more like 20s 30s 40s 50s and 60s haha
But alright alright
Oh no, that's too old personally, mostly because graphics

Most movies I watch go somewhere in between 1980 and 2010, although since I illegally stream them, the older they are, the quality is worse

So I don't always have the will to find a good source

Oh no, that's too old personally, mostly because graphics

Most movies I watch go somewhere in between 1980 and 2010, although since I illegally stream them, the older they are, the quality is worse

So I don't always have the will to find a good source
tell me ur fav movies, i'll tell u which one out of these 7 films, and rec some other good movies for u

tell me ur fav movies, i'll tell u which one out of these 7 films, and rec some other good movies for u
Well I certainly won't list them all since I have close to 200 favorite movies, but some of them are:

- gattaca
- memento
- midnight in Paris
- project x
- dark City
- in time
- enders game
- the great Gatsby
- Django unchained
- inception
- interstellar
- limitless
- edge of tomorrow
- gladiator
- Wolf of Wall Street...

• +1
Well I certainly won't list them all since I have close to 200 favorite movies, but some of them are:

- gattaca
- memento
- midnight in Paris
- project x
- dark City
- in time
- enders game
- the great Gatsby
- Django unchained
- inception
- interstellar
- limitless
- edge of tomorrow
- gladiator
- Wolf of Wall Street...
Watch Reservoir Dogs, The Hunt, and The Departed

• +1
image.png

bs illuminati propaganda
just look at the 1 eye symbolism

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine
image.png

bs illuminati propaganda
just look at the 1 eye symbolism
The movie has no propaganda and doesn’t tell you “what’s right or what’s wrong”

I highly suggest Watch it before you talk about it to understand what I mean here

The zone of interest was one of the best movie between them this year
Watch and put thoughts

The zone of interest was one of the best movie between them this year
Watch and put thoughts
Zone of interest has heavy propaganda though

lol at Animal.

Typical currycel choice

• JFL
why the "lol"
that was an entertaining af movie, movies are entertainment not ur daily dose of wittgenstein
There were a dozen more entertaining movies than animl. Even Salaar was more entertaining

There were a dozen more entertaining movies than animl. Even Salaar was more entertaining
i had a migrane watching that crap. please. now i know what kind of a person u r. ive judged u mentally in my mind. i will not take ur opinion seriously anymore

• JFL
i had a migrane watching that crap. please. now i know what kind of a person u r. ive judged u mentally in my mind. i will not take ur opinion seriously anymore
Better to get migrane than be a misogynist

• JFL
Will watch the ones I haven't.

Oppenheimer was extremly boring and uninteresting though.

• +1
But it was only entertaining from a misogynistic perspective
no you're wrong, it was so good, especially the emphasis on the father-son relationship and the "priorities" that comes with family.

btw you talk like a disdainful fucktard who has never had a relationship with your family, but of course that is expected with ur subpar maxilla and instant sahara-tier pussy drying mechanism via ur mandible and ur ugly face

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manletmachine, Skywalker and Big White Cuck