The problem of suffering is one that breaks a lot of religious people

Eternal_

Eternal_

✝️
A lot of very smart and thoughtful religious people are tested by the almost impossible reconciliation of the problem of suffering—many of which end up walking away defeated and rejecting of God entirely. It is very difficult thing to contend with and nobody really has an answer that isn't ultimately hinged on faith and the hope for better days ahead. Nobody knows why an innocent 3 year old child in Iraq got shot in the head or why people are born with excruciating chronic illnesses or why innocent children and people of all ages get terminal cancer and die, etc.

I do think that the more you dwell on this topic, the more frustrating it becomes and it's ideally reconciled with Gods promise of a renewed future for humanity. Why couldn't God create a world without needing to impose unfair and needless suffering? Nobody knows. All we know is that faith in Lord God Jesus Christ will guarantee us of a future where there is no pain, suffering, or evil. We are promised eternal life through Him and the individual and collective suffering of today will ultimately bear its fruits. That is all we can (strongly) latch on to and do our best until that day comes.

In sum, we don't know why we suffer so much or why suffering is often unfair and unjust and unnecessary but we must remain steadfast in our faith.

• +1
Reactions: iabsolvejordan, Hernan and Fish
🙏🏻😇✝️

• +1
Reactions: Hernan
It was one of the things that stopped me from believing in a loving God. Some people are given so many good things that they didn't earn or deserve. Think of a 6'4 athletic, NT Chad born in an upper middle class family. What did he do to deserve that hand? Then on other hand, you have others born into lives of suffering through no fault of their own. Like a 5'4 unathletic brown guy with mild autism.

"God testing you in mysterious way brooo trust me brooo" jfl

• JFL
Reactions: lemonnz
A lot of very smart and thoughtful religious people are tested by the almost impossible reconciliation of the problem of suffering—many of which end up walking away defeated and rejecting of God entirely. It is very difficult thing to contend with and nobody really has an answer that isn't ultimately hinged on faith and the hope for better days ahead. Nobody knows why an innocent 3 year old child in Iraq got shot in the head or why people are born with excruciating chronic illnesses or why innocent children and people of all ages get terminal cancer and die, etc.

I do think that the more you dwell on this topic, the more frustrating it becomes and it's ideally reconciled with Gods promise of a renewed future for humanity. Why couldn't God create a world without needing to impose unfair and needless suffering? Nobody knows. All we know is that faith in Lord God Jesus Christ will guarantee us of a future where there is no pain, suffering, or evil. We are promised eternal life through Him and the individual and collective suffering of today will ultimately bear its fruits. That is all we can (strongly) latch on to and do our best until that day comes.

In sum, we don't know why we suffer so much or why suffering is often unfair and unjust and unnecessary but we must remain steadfast in our faith.

View attachment 2754936
“Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.”

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." ~ Gaius Julius Caesar

"Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him." - James 1:12

• +1
Reactions: Hernan
“Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.”

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." ~ Gaius Julius Caesar

"Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him." - James 1:12
Yes but I’m talking about more than normal suffering. I’m talking about suffering with no recourse (terminal cancer, etc)

• +1
Reactions: Hernan and thenumbersmason
We’re all gonna make it brahs