the reality of tretinoin

use tret and look older, dont use tret and my acne comes back. I have a lot of fat in my face anyway. tret is the be all and end all for acnecels. dont get put off by threads like this.
i got put off a lot tbh. Gotta start taking tazarotene cuz i got mild acne

View attachment 2500988you want a dermatology example? took 1 min this is a girl 2 mil subscribers all about skincare she is indeed a dermatologist, made thousands of skincare videos she takes trets and many other creams and at the ripe age of 32 she looks like this.... cant you see a pattern here?
its mostly genetic in his case tbh. hes pale.

healthy skin that has been contaminated with large amounts of makeup if you're going to compare at least have a justifiable control variable.
can you not see thedifference in skin texture and skin quality of a natural face vs tret?

Soon I'll read things like "Tretinoin makes your IPD smaller

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: IWantToMax, Vidales, zenflix and 1 other person
@Gandy

What do you think of this? I've been hearing all sorts of things like skin care will cause skin cancer. I'm not sure what to make of that. What kind of cleanser and moisturizer do you recommend? Maybe aloe based vitamin C moisturizer and cleanser? Just curious.

I appreciate your response, and it doesn't look like you are busy considering you are active on looksmax replying on other threads, so not sure why you can't respond to my other posts.

Vitamin a is a fucking poison it's a toxin there's a link to a book on this forum(it's free) he proves the studies done in 1925 were fake/false that made vitamin a a vitamin. You don't need it https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/grant-genereuxs-theory-of-vitamin-a-toxicity.24722/ the symptoms of too much vitamin a and a "deficiency" are the same. Wtf https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A vitamin a in large amounts makes animals bones break uncontrollable like you can't touch them or their bones snap. Your rubbing it on your face wtf https://archive.org/details/b30633126/page/2/mode/1up vitamin a boosts fat burning https://www.verywellfit.com/vitamin-a-boosts-fat-burning-in-cold-conditions-5086808 again rubbing it on your face! Here is a explanation of why it's nuking your face https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/anyone-have-experience-with-tretinoin.44728/ do a vitamin a elimination diet. Here is the blog of the guy that wrote the book his skin is improving and he's way old https://ggenereux.blog/ book is here also forum has good posts tho it's super long tho https://ggenereux.blog/2016/04/22/ending-the-mystery-of-auto-immune/

• +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe
@Gandy

What do you think of this? I've been hearing all sorts of things like skin care will cause skin cancer. I'm not sure what to make of that. What kind of cleanser and moisturizer do you recommend? Maybe aloe based vitamin C moisturizer and cleanser? Just curious.

I appreciate your response, and it doesn't look like you are busy considering you are active on looksmax replying on other threads, so not sure why you can't respond to my other posts.
Tretinoin has decades of track record as the only thing that genuinely reverses skin damage on a cellular level and makes renewal of skin cells very rapid. It's a prescription drug though, and many people in many countries have no access to a dermatologist without massive fees. Which is why a lot of people turn to ordering it from shady Indian websites.

Almost any moisturizer will do just fine, even in double blind tests, Nivea $4 occlusive moisturizers with very basic ingredients have beaten $75 Whamisa moisturizers from South Korea with all kinds of fermented organic ingredients.

Besides tretinoin and a basic moisturizer, I really wouldn't bother with anything except maybe ghk-cu every once in a while (copper peptides are one of the few proven elements besides tretinionwhich can reverse skin aging, but it's kind of expensive, the one from NIOD in a 15ml bottle is around $100 dollars).

Topical Vitamin C is problematic for many reasons, mostly because it has to be an exact pH to be effective at all. Skinceuticals is one of the few companies that can correctly manufacture a Vitamin C topical and it is extremely expensive (around $200 for a Ferulic Vitamin C 30ml bottle).

Vitamin c1

Most topicals that have Vitamin C have simply dumped ascorbic acid among the ingredients as a marketing gimmick, and it has become inactive, and is worthless for skincare purposes.

There aren't really any actives/topicals besides the ones listed above that work.
Truly visible rapid changes require chemical peeling (alpha hydroxy acids) or injectables like botulin toxins, Profhilo, Radiesse etc., creams and ointments are mostly placebo beyond tretinoin, ghk-cu, advanced vitamin C serums and a generic moisturizer.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Leo69, Deleted member 30679, Vidales and 2 others
abuses alot of pointless creams destroying her skin
"Pointless creams" + whore lifestyle partying, not sleeping, alcohol, drugs, shit diet

But sure it's tret, the only proven thing, backed by tons of studies, to keep the collagen production of a teenager into your adulthood. It was never found it can burn fat either.

Jfl at the advice on this forum :lul:

• +1
Reactions: Dicktator
Vitamin a is a fucking poison it's a toxin there's a link to a book on this forum(it's free) he proves the studies done in 1925 were fake/false that made vitamin a a vitamin. You don't need it https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/grant-genereuxs-theory-of-vitamin-a-toxicity.24722/ the symptoms of too much vitamin a and a "deficiency" are the same. Wtf https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A vitamin a in large amounts makes animals bones break uncontrollable like you can't touch them or their bones snap. Your rubbing it on your face wtf https://archive.org/details/b30633126/page/2/mode/1up vitamin a boosts fat burning https://www.verywellfit.com/vitamin-a-boosts-fat-burning-in-cold-conditions-5086808 again rubbing it on your face! Here is a explanation of why it's nuking your face https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/anyone-have-experience-with-tretinoin.44728/ do a vitamin a elimination diet. Here is the blog of the guy that wrote the book his skin is improving and he's way old https://ggenereux.blog/ book is here also forum has good posts tho it's super long tho https://ggenereux.blog/2016/04/22/ending-the-mystery-of-auto-immune/

"Eliminate vitA :feelsuhh:"
just die from any infection and cause yourself blindness theory:lul:

"Muh MEGADOSED vit A could affect foetal mice tissue in vitro:feelsuhh:" beyond cagefuel just like this :lul:

Tretinoin could never reach the fat under our skin, even if you injected it with a syringe we're not an in vitro piece of foetal mice tissue in a cold environment:lul:, and it's not even remotely megadosed, so it wouldn't do shit

Jfl at the advice on this forum

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: KING REIDYZ, ResilientGoyim and Dicktator
  • +1
Reactions: becomingnearperfect
Like what?
Just go with adapelene

Tret didn’t do shit for my acne
Benzoyl peroxide is the strongest OTC. But it's only a palliative, it kills the acne that appears. Tret won't give acne the chance to create
this is giga cope if your skin is oily acne prone
Tret only works for people with normal skin who get few pimples here and there

• +1
Reactions: becomingnearperfect and SnoopDawg
I've used tret for 6 years, 5 of which were .1% (highest). Helps for roid acne but sometimes need accutane. When skin is clear I've got compliments on my skin from girls but I have been called out for the "shiny cellophane" look that someone else mentioned. Some guys (and girls!) think I'm wearing makeup and people ask if I'm sweating, and "why are you so shiny"- from men and women, verbatim that has happened to me all the time.

Wouldn't that be good if used on the cheeks? Buccal fat removal at home kind of
no because buccal fat removal looks like shit and ages tf out of you 99% of the time

no because buccal fat removal looks like shit and ages tf out of you 99% of the time
Yeah but it wouldn't be at that extremity right? It would obviously be noticable but not to the point of ''bucal fatt removal''. Plus it would be a looksmaxx for people like me that genetically carry more fat in my cheeks.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20370
Yeah but it wouldn't be at that extremity right? It would obviously be noticable but not to the point of ''bucal fatt removal''. Plus it would be a looksmaxx for people like me that genetically carry more fat in my cheeks.
if you are a legit a chubby cheekcel then maybeit would help but otherwise, no, its a looksmin

if you are a legit a chubby cheekcel then maybeit would help but otherwise, no, its a looksmin
I'm not, I just have to eat like 5 bananas a day in order to show my popping cheekbones. My ovee curve is very visible even when bloated, but its just that I bloat easy. Thing is I got Aklief from my doctor, haven't used it yet. It's like another version of tretinoin. Search it up. What do you think?

I've used tret for 6 years, 5 of which were .1% (highest). Helps for roid acne but sometimes need accutane. When skin is clear I've got compliments on my skin from girls but I have been called out for the "shiny cellophane" look that someone else mentioned. Some guys (and girls!) think I'm wearing makeup and people ask if I'm sweating, and "why are you so shiny"- from men and women, verbatim that has happened to me all the time.
yes you have shiny skin but you will still look older then your age lol

yes you have shiny skin but you will still look older then your age lol
do you have any source that tret destroys skin texture? No you are talking out your ass. tret definitely isn't some god-given gift to the skincare community but it is one of the better options

i can guarnetee your texture is worse then it was before and you look older,give it another 2 years
people literally tell me I have very good skin. and it glows.

Just go with adapelene

Tret didn’t do shit for my acne

this is giga cope if your skin is oily acne prone
Tret only works for people with normal skin who get few pimples here and there
Mine is, benzoyl peroxide alone annihilated it in a month, also adapalene is just weaker tret

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7580
Probably one of the lowest iq posts i've seen in a while

• +1
Reactions: Dicktator
tret is cope for most people here, they're not old enough to need it.
fuck am I supposed to do? With conventional serums I can only get to hyperpigmentated skin, never managed to ascend beyond that. Now that I go to school I am forced to eat shit food which causes acne

fuck am I supposed to do? With conventional serums I can only get to hyperpigmentated skin, never managed to ascend beyond that. Now that I go to school I am forced to eat shit food which causes acne
if you're actually struggling with skin issues tret can be a solution, most people here use it for skincare only and aren't treating acne.

they don't even have wrinkles, they just use tret because they're too inconsistent to apply retinol every evening.

if you're actually struggling with skin issues tret can be a solution, most people here use it for skincare only and aren't treating acne.

they don't even have wrinkles, they just use tret because they're too inconsistent in self improvement that they're unable to apply retinol every evening consistently.
I don't have access to good retinol serums, tried one from a non-mainstream brand I could get in my shitty country, did nothing. Also, retinol is a joke in the EU because they limited the concentration to 0.05%.

What are your thoughts on trying adapalene first before tretinoin?

I don't have access to good retinol serums, tried one from a non-mainstream brand I could get in my shitty country, did nothing. Also, retinol is a joke in the EU because they limited the concentration to 0.05%.

What are your thoughts on trying adapalene first before tretinoin?
you can get upwards of 2.5% and 1% is easy to get.

it's effective so you might as well try it if you're able to get it.

thanks

whenever somebody says the drug is as effective with over half the amount,you just know the drug is straight cope or placebo

what are we supposed to do then
Get bit by a radioactive spider/Jordan Barrett.
Either way you'll probably be shooting sticky white stuff.

• +1
Reactions: yayatourer
If I see this ugly ass timothee nigga one more time..

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax
If I see this ugly ass timothee nigga one more time..
i was giving him as an example of natural youtful skin,30 year old niggas got a stroke and freaked tf out when i said tret will not give them youthful skin only make things worse and ofc these ppl who have been on that shit for years got mad as hell

• +1
Reactions: wsada
tret ages the skin severely guys,yes it smooths out the smallest bit of fine lines but it will destroy your texture in the long run,you can never get youthful looking jordan in this pic or timothe in the last pic while on tret you will end up with bad texture skin like this tik toker ,the secound images is a is a tik toker who is 24 and is a clear abuser of tret/skin care, and 100 percent abuses alot of pointless creams destroying her skin,another example of good youthful skin you can tell never used tret or pointless oils and just naturally aged well is timothe charlemet he is 27 yet looks in his early 20s,ik alot of you are gonna cope and deny this but do the maths,if skin care was soo useful,why do koreans not age well after 40?? its all genetics and lifestyle/diet NOTHING ELSE View attachment 2500901View attachment 2500907View attachment 2500912
whatis the best food for keeping good skin

whatis the best food for keeping good skin
there is no best food,all fruit and vedgetables are very similar just have as much of them as you can,avoid all proccesed foods and staying lean around 13 percent body fat will keep good skin for longer

there is no best food,all fruit and vedgetables are very similar just have as much of them as you can,avoid all proccesed foods and staying lean around 13 percent body fat will keep good skin for longer
what happens if too much fat

Tretinoin has decades of track record as the only thing that genuinely reverses skin damage on a cellular level and makes renewal of skin cells very rapid. It's a prescription drug though, and many people in many countries have no access to a dermatologist without massive fees. Which is why a lot of people turn to ordering it from shady Indian websites.

Almost any moisturizer will do just fine, even in double blind tests, Nivea $4 occlusive moisturizers with very basic ingredients have beaten $75 Whamisa moisturizers from South Korea with all kinds of fermented organic ingredients.

Besides tretinoin and a basic moisturizer, I really wouldn't bother with anything except maybe ghk-cu every once in a while (copper peptides are one of the few proven elements besides tretinionwhich can reverse skin aging, but it's kind of expensive, the one from NIOD in a 15ml bottle is around $100 dollars).

Topical Vitamin C is problematic for many reasons, mostly because it has to be an exact pH to be effective at all. Skinceuticals is one of the few companies that can correctly manufacture a Vitamin C topical and it is extremely expensive (around $200 for a Ferulic Vitamin C 30ml bottle).

View attachment 2507006

Most topicals that have Vitamin C have simply dumped ascorbic acid among the ingredients as a marketing gimmick, and it has become inactive, and is worthless for skincare purposes.

There aren't really any actives/topicals besides the ones listed above that work.
Truly visible rapid changes require chemical peeling (alpha hydroxy acids) or injectables like botulin toxins, Profhilo, Radiesse etc., creams and ointments are mostly placebo beyond tretinoin, ghk-cu, advanced vitamin C serums and a generic moisturizer.
What moisturizer do you personally use if you don't mind sharing? You use Nivea? Cerave daily moisturizer lotion is very popular and used, but it has parabens. So if it has parabens or any synthetics then it doesn't really matter? Isn't that harmful? I just want to use what's safest and effective in terms of ingredients, and I know that what is put on your skin should be taken seriously. Tretinoin I know is good considering it's reputation, but moisturizer is difficult as there is so much to choose from, and yeah like you said there are expensive moisturizers with all kinds of fermented organic ingredients that aren't effective.

From what I heard it's important to find rich, hydrating oils such as jojoba oil, avocado oil, sunflower oil, coconut oil, grape seed oil and essential oils in moisturizers. Also that it contains antioxidant benefits such as vitamins A, B C, D and E. Coenzyme Q10, and alpha lipoic acid are also very excellent for skin health to have in moisturizers too.

What do you think?

I used 1% tret for almost a whole year, and I'm pretty sure it's completely fucked up my texture and the skin around my eyes. Laser resurfacing might be my only hope at this point.

No choice but to use it cuz genetics

I ordered a tret, when the acne goes away I will send the result as the skin has “aged”

In my opinion, you don’t need to stand under the sun like an idiot when you use a tret.