Thoughts on retainers?

Deleted member 3946

Deleted member 3946

Platinum
I used to have braces, but took them off cause no point, now I wear some retainers at night, was told to just wear like 1 night a week. I basically got blackpilled and stopped using at all, but now they won't fit properly (massive pain) , do I just rewear till they feel normal? I'm pretty sure it will fuck my already turbo fucked overbite. Can DM pics.

If you want to use them get new ones. Using them when they don't fit can break your teeth.

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 3946
it's even worse than i thought

I used to have braces, but took them off cause no point, now I wear some retainers at night, was told to just wear like 1 night a week. I basically got blackpilled and stopped using at all, but now they won't fit properly (massive pain) , do I just rewear till they feel normal? I'm pretty sure it will fuck my already turbo fucked overbite. Can DM pics.

if you are blackpilled that does not mean you have to underestimate the importance of straight teeth,

If your aim is undergoing bimax, then you were right at stopping wearing the retainer, because the pre-operative orthodontical treatment for bimax involves the restoration of the natural bite (decompensation), so going back the bite before braces makes the preparation for bimax faster

Y2J97 fixed his overbite at 20, while at 22 he had a consultation for bimax.
Doctor Ramieri recommended to him a 1 year decompensation treatment to restore his natural overbite in order to prepare for his bimax, but Y2J97 refused and went to Pagnoni, who was willing to perform bimax immediately.

This choice contributed in his botched bimax result

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, Deleted member 17429 and Deleted member 3946
If your aim is undergoing bimax
I'm currently not looking to do bimax (very weird case of overbite, I'll have to consult doc) but the info is pretty valuable thanks. I basically have a 10mm overbite but my mandible and chin are good enough for it to not look bad (only in the form of long philtrum cause inclined teeth)

if you are blackpilled that does not mean you have to underestimate the importance of straight teeth,

If your aim is undergoing bimax, then you were right at stopping wearing the retainer, because the pre-operative orthodontical treatment for bimax involves the restoration of the natural bite (decompensation), so going back the bite before braces makes the preparation for bimax faster

Doctor Ramieri recommended to him a 1 year decompensation treatment to restore his natural overbite in order to prepare for his bimax, but Y2J97 refused and went to Pagnoni, who was willing to perform bimax immediately.

Old post I know but how was he botched exactly?

Can I ask how he was botched?