To those who have tried elevator shoes, can you tell me what advertised height increases correspond to what actual height increase?

kanderior

kanderior

Banned
I'm looking to buy some elevator shoes and I've been looking at the different options like TallMenShoes, Chamaripa etc. I know that due how they take the measurement, the height increase they advertise as giving you is not the same as what you actually get. So to those who have tried them, which advertised height did you get, and what height increase did they actually give you? I'm looking to buy from the 2.6-3.2 inches (6.5-8.1 cm) range for a 3-4 cm (1.2-1.6 inches) height increase.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: jagmogs1000
Tallmenshoes is shit tbh, i bought the CALTO Q215s which claim to boost you by 2 inches, the shoe's quality is bad and they give like an inch and half, they're pretty comfy tho.

• +1
Reactions: Sir Galachad
Tallmenshoes is shit tbh, i bought the CALTO Q215s which claim to boost you by 2 inches, the shoe's quality is bad and they give like an inch and half, they're pretty comfy tho.
These ones right? So advertised height of 2.8 inches=1.5 inches? As in 1.5 inches+the heel (1 inch for this shoe) or 1.5 inches in total? Cause everyone around you already wears shoes with 1-inch heels, even more sometimes, so you need to subtract that from the overall height increase you get with the shoes to get how much taller you actually look.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and Cliff_Lee
I'm looking to buy some elevator shoes and I've been looking at the different options like TallMenShoes, Chamaripa etc. I know that due how they take the measurement, the height increase they advertise as giving you is not the same as what you actually get. So to those who have tried them, which advertised height did you get, and what height increase did they actually give you? I'm looking to buy from the 2.6-3.2 inches (6.5-8.1 cm) range for a 3-4 cm (1.2-1.6 inches) height increase.
haven’t bought any but bump

I’m curious too.

I’ve fucked around with lift wedges in normal shoes and I can get about 2.5 inches of real height from my air forces and maybe 3 inches from boots - including the shoe and everything. The platform on these elevator shoes would have to be immense to avoid postural issues.

Not that I can even get these shoes with my retarded US14

But you are the same guy who said 6'1 is ideal and you are yourself 6'1. So now cut the cope accept 6'4 is best

• JFL
Reactions: becomingnearperfect
But you are the same guy who said 6'1 is ideal and you are yourself 6'1. So now cut the cope accept 6'4 is best
I didn't say 6'1 is ideal, I said 6'1 would be ideal if current female standards and the Netherlands didn't exist. But they do. And no, 6'4 isn't the best (unless you have rare top-tier genes and proportions), but 6'2-6'3 is if you want a balance between height/attractiveness, proportions and muscle-building capability, not just heightmogging and nothing else. Actually even 6'3 is considered an "ugly height" by modeling agencies, but that doesn't matter for most men.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: becomingnearperfect and BrahminBoss
I’m curious too.

I’ve fucked around with lift wedges in normal shoes and I can get about 2.5 inches of real height from my air forces and maybe 3 inches from boots - including the shoe and everything. The platform on these elevator shoes would have to be immense to avoid postural issues.

Not that I can even get these shoes with my retarded US14
dude at 6'2 why would you even be thinking about height frauding. You're the same height as David Gandy, Idris Elba and James Bond's actors, the perfect male height for American women according to a study and for modeling agencies. You mog Henry Cavill and almost all top-rated attractive Hollywood actors. At most I would just fraud an inch (practically nothing with elevator shoes or lifts) to be 6'3 and call it a day.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: becomingnearperfect and EggKing
These ones right? So advertised height of 2.8 inches=1.5 inches? As in 1.5 inches+the heel (1 inch for this shoe) or 1.5 inches in total? Cause everyone around you already wears shoes with 1-inch heels, even more sometimes, so you need to subtract that from the overall height increase you get with the shoes to get how much taller you actually look.
1.5 inches in total more or less, i compared them with my Nike AF 1s + insoles and the AF 1s gave me more height :ogre:
Tbh just get some good quality shoes and stack them w some comfy insoles, the low cost elevator shoes are not worth it.

dude at 6'2 why would you even be thinking about height frauding. You're the same height as David Gandy, Idris Elba and James Bond's actors, the perfect male height for American women according to a study and for modeling agencies. You mog Henry Cavill and almost all top-rated attractive Hollywood actors. At most I would just fraud an inch (practically nothing with elevator shoes or lifts) to be 6'3 and call it a day.
Ye, at that height just prioritize drip/comfyness
Leave this shit for us real manlets

• +1
Reactions: becomingnearperfect
1.5 inches in total more or less, i compared them with my Nike AF 1s + insoles and the AF 1s gave me more height :ogre:
Tbh just get some good quality shoes and stack them w some comfy insoles, the low cost elevator shoes are not worth it.
So 0.5 inches of frauded height compared to wearing normal shoes with a 1-inch heel? That can't be right. Hell some non-elevator sneakers have 1.3-1.4 inch heels.

Last edited:
Look for GUIDOMAGGI shoes, they are luxury Italian shoes and made to order. A cool thing is that you can take off the insoles if you need to.

Look for GUIDOMAGGI shoes, they are luxury Italian shoes and made to order. A cool thing is that you can take off the insoles if you need to.
Yeah I'm aware of GuidoMaggi, they're definitely what I'll eventually get but I don't have the funds currently cause they're pretty expensive (and they have discounts once in a while so I'm waiting for that too). They're also the only ones I've found with a physical store, which is only a few hours away from me. So for now I'll have to settle with Chamaripa, TallMenShoes and any others I might find. Do you have any experience with GuidoMaggi?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm aware of GuidoMaggi, they're definitely what I'll eventually get but I don't have the funds currently cause they're pretty expensive (and they have discounts once in a while so I'm waiting for that too). They're also the only ones I've found with a physical store, which is only a few hours away from me. So for now I'll have to settle with Chamaripa, TallMenShoes and any others I might find. Do you have any experience with GuidoMaggi?
That’s reasonable, I have like 5 pairs of Guido shoes, just never get the sandals, they are the most uncomfortable foot wear ever and you can’t return them. Overall some shoes were more comfy than others, but obviously the higher the insole the more uncomfortable it is.

• +1
Reactions: kanderior
That’s reasonable, I have like 5 pairs of Guido shoes, just never get the sandals, they are the most uncomfortable foot wear ever and you can’t return them. Overall some shoes were more comfy than others, but obviously the higher the insole the more uncomfortable it is.
Damn, lucky you for being able to afford all that. What heights did you get, what actual height increase do they give and what's the comfort level? I'm looking for 4 cm increase (on top of the shoes), no more. Also, is the extra cost worth it? Are they really that much better compared to cheap stuff like Chamaripa and TallMenShoes?

Damn, lucky you for being able to afford all that. What heights did you get, what actual height increase do they give and what's the comfort level? I'm looking for 4 cm increase (on top of the shoes), no more. Also, is the extra cost worth it? Are they really that much better compared to cheap stuff like Chamaripa and TallMenShoes?
Yeah I got Chamaripa once and is like no contest, the quality of Guido is miles better, and also they do a better job at not looking like elevator shoes, they are not that obvious per se. I only wear guido shoes when I go out, even at work. The insoles also don’t compress maybe only for a second when you walk but that’s expected for comfort.

I wear nothing less than 2” insoles, for a wedding I was able to gain 4” of height lol no joke

Also I have gotten so many compliments about my shoes more than with any other normal pair I even wore

Yeah I got Chamaripa once and is like no contest, the quality of Guido is miles better, and also they do a better job at not looking like elevator shoes, they are not that obvious per se. I only wear guido shoes when I go out, even at work. The insoles also don’t compress maybe only for a second when you walk but that’s expected for comfort.

I wear nothing less than 2” insoles, for a wedding I was able to gain 4” of height lol no joke

Also I have gotten so many compliments about my shoes more than with any other normal pair I even wore
so the height increase they advertise the shoes with is what you get? If I get, say, these oxford shoes with 3.1 inches increase it will actually be 3.1 inches of increase?

• +1
Reactions: Cheat_Win
what’s the tallest shoe lifts possible to buy?

what’s the tallest shoe lifts possible to buy?
If you're talking about elevator shoes, 3.2 inches is the max you can get with normal-looking ankle boots and somewhat normal-looking shoes. 4 if you buy boots from GuidoMaggi (I don't know what kind of magic they use to make these chelsea boots look normal with a 4-inch increase). 3.2 is the tallest dress shoes companies will make. But generally 3.5 and above is the beginning of either tall boots only or weird-looking huge shoes. 6 inches is the tallest I've seen but you don't wanna wear those unless you only wanna wear tall boots.

Last edited:
i have bought many and the measurement is from the ground to the highest point of the boost insole, but it slopes down in the shoe do a 3 inch advertised is going to be like 2 incyhes boost in reality. It's always less than the advertised inch boost

• +1
Reactions: Cliff_Lee, Tr0ubLe and zsombi
i have bought many and the measurement is from the ground to the highest point of the boost insole, but it slopes down in the shoe do a 3 inch advertised is going to be like 2 incyhes boost in reality. It's always less than the advertised inch boost
So only 1 inch of increase compared to everyone else wearing normal shoes with 1-inch heels? That's pretty lame, I can easily do it with lifts.

I've tried a few different brands, like TallMenShoes, Chamaripa and I prefer Topoutshoes. I've not tried GuidoMaggi though

Chamaripa's quality is better than Topoutshoes, but so what - they're also cheaper, so you can buy another pair if they start to degrade

@kanderior - you're right that you can't just take the stated increase, as it includes the heel (which is apporox 1-1.5 inches)

What I do is add additional insole increases. I'll vary the amount of insoles depending on the shoe type. Some shoes, you can get away with more (all 3 layers of insoles) before it seems noticeable

So if you want to 'even out' the height increase, just add one additional layer of insole and you're good - this will add 1.5 inches, on top of the heel height and the built in height from the shoe. One insole is comfortable and no one will notice

Over the last few years, I've moved to almost 100% height increasing shoes/trainers, from regular footwear - even indoor footwear

I've tried a few different brands, like TallMenShoes, Chamaripa and I prefer Topoutshoes. I've not tried GuidoMaggi though

Chamaripa's quality is better than Topoutshoes, but so what - they're also cheaper, so you can buy another pair if they start to degrade

@kanderior - you're right that you can't just take the stated increase, as it includes the heel (which is apporox 1-1.5 inches)

What I do is add additional insole increases. I'll vary the amount of insoles depending on the shoe type. Some shoes, you can get away with more (all 3 layers of insoles) before it seems noticeable

So if you want to 'even out' the height increase, just add one additional layer of insole and you're good - this will add 1.5 inches, on top of the heel height and the built in height from the shoe. One insole is comfortable and no one will notice

Over the last few years, I've moved to almost 100% height increasing shoes/trainers, from regular footwear - even indoor footwear
so is there some formula? Like stated increase-1 inch shoe heel-some loss? Like if I get one advertised as 3 inches what do I actually get (without including the 1-inch heel since everyone around you wears shoes)? What advertised increase do I need to get if I want 1.6 inches (2.6 with the heel) of true increase?

so is there some formula? Like stated increase-1 inch shoe heel-some loss? Like if I get one advertised as 3 inches what do I actually get (without including the 1-inch heel since everyone around you wears shoes)? What advertised increase do I need to get if I want 1.6 inches (2.6 with the heel) of true increase?
Dont overcomplicate it

It depends on the shoe, but you can see the shoes heel in the image, before you buy it, and you can estimate it as 1 - 1.5inches

Just deduct the 1 - 1.5 from the increase to have the height. Its that simple

Then its up to you, but you can add in additional height insoles to give you another 1.5inches or more. Thats what I do

Depending on what I'm doing, I'll add more or less insoles. At work, I don't add any insoles, but if I'm going to a bar, I might add the full 3 insoles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back