Top College Majors 2025+

slayer69

slayer69

Forum Advisor
Hello in this thread I will list the best college majors 2025+.
I currently work as a researcher in the intersection of a few domains that I would not like to disclose for privacy reasons.
Some of you might know, let's keep it that way.

This is not a concrete list, this is just a list to give you domains to explore. If you already have x interest, you should end up pursuing it regardless.

In No Order:

1. Computer Science Engineering
2. Data Science
3. AI/ML Engineering
4. Electrical Engineering (All Kinds)
5. Energy Engineering
6. Systems Engineering
7. BioEngineering (All Kinds)
8. Mechatronics
9. Mechanical Engineering
10. Civil Engineering
11. Anthropology/Human Ethology/Behavior Science (a small more research-oriented niche of Systems Engg.)
12. Neuroscience
13. Chemical Engineering
14. Material Science Engineering
15. Architecture
16. Aerospace Engineering
17. Mathematics

This list is long I know. I'm not here to argue with anyone on why x/y didn't make the list. If the major you had in mind didn't end up on the list, it sucks, move on. Nothing you can do about it.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: russiancelreturns, shalomnigga, Rush and 13 others
Why is mathematics so low? Also where’s Physics?

• +1
Reactions: butterworld
I currently work as a researcher in the intersection of a few domains that I would not like to disclose for privacy reasons.

This is not a concrete list, this is just a list to give you domains to explore. If you already have x interest, you should end up pursuing it regardless.

In No Order:

2. Data Science
3. AI/ML Engineering
5. Energy Engineering
6. Systems Engineering
8. Mechatronics
10. Civil Engineering
11. Anthropology/Human Ethology/Behavior Science (a small more research-oriented niche of Systems Engg.)
12. Neuroscience
13. Chemical Engineering
15. Architecture
17. Mathematics

This list is long I know. I'm not here to argue with anyone on why x/y didn't make the list. If the major you had in mind didn't end up on the list, it sucks, move on. Nothing you can do about it.
Architecture shouldn't be on this list at all.
Studying that bs gets you a 2200€ salary before taxes in Germany

• +1
Reactions: PickleTheSlayer
Why is mathematics so low? Also where’s Physics?
it's not low. the list is in no particular order.
a lot of physics research rn is limited by capital, so didn't put it for the time being.

• +1
Reactions: Richard Cheese
Look at all those great majors that will be working for Business majors

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: murdah, Jova, 0S4MA and 8 others
Architecture shouldn't be on this list at all.
Studying that bs gets you a 2200€ salary before taxes in Germany
Architecture will become a big thing once companies realize Localized Architecture will not only make buildings look more vibrant and beautiful but also save them money in terms of Energy Expenditure because Architecture evolved with climate.
Hotter Climates have Architectures that allow for more rampant cooling, etc.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: poopoohead, northern mogger and Richard Cheese
Look at all those great majors that will be working for Business majors
Business Majors will essentially become redundant unless there's nepotism. People in the industry prefer people with experience in the industry to run businesses.

Econ majors unironically will get the jobs that Business Majors hope they would get.

• +1
Reactions: Jova, UrGirlsMcm, butterworld and 3 others
Architecture will become a big thing once companies realize Localized Architecture will not only make it look more vibrant and beautiful but also save them money in terms of Energy Expenditure because Architecture evolved with climate. Hotter Climates have Architectures that allow for more rampant cooling, etc.
Until that happens, AI will probably take care of architects. That‘s basically betting that the big companies suddenly realize their company buildings look soulless, that won‘t happen until a new trend is happening.

Until that happens, AI will probably take care of architects. That‘s basically betting that the big companies suddenly realize their company buildings look soulless, that won‘t happen until a new trend is happening.
You don't understand how much Energy Costs matter.
Why do you think all these new airports and huge commercial buildings around the world have a fusion of localized architecture + modernism?

I'm handing you things on a silver plate here. Do what you want with this information

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: poopoohead, <6PSLcel and Richard Cheese
Business Majors will essentially become redundant unless there's nepotism. People in the industry prefer people with experience in the industry to run businesses.

Econ majors unironically will get the jobs that Business Majors hope they would get.
True but a lot of STEM jobs are starting to become like that too

Econ isn't that much different from Business tho? Most business programs cover a bunch of economic courses anyway

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Marsiere214, poopoohead and Richard Cheese

most schools list their econ majors under the business major though its still widely considered a business degree, are you referring to business administration major when you say business?

most business majors in reality go for finance or economics

• +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy and <6PSLcel
most schools list their econ majors under the business major though its still widely considered a business degree, are you referring to business administration major when you say business?

most business majors in reality go for finance or economics
Business School != Business Major
BBA = shit
BA in Business = shit
MBA = good (but that's a master's level degree, we are not addressing it here).
Econ = good
what job one goes for, is secondary.
what one learns in college is what shapes his/her thinking, and the major matters ALONG with the college u go to (peer group).

• +1
Reactions: butterworld, poopoohead and Richard Cheese
engineering brooo engineering :feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Chintuck22, 4ever and Swarthy Knight
Become like what?

Needing connections is increasingly becoming a big requirement for a lot of STEM jobs nowadays

Look into the differences of Business and Econ before you throw words at me kid
Idk about the States but here in Canada a BBA is generally more valued than a bachelor's in Econ

• +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy and Richard Cheese
Needing connections is increasingly becoming a big requirement for a lot of STEM jobs nowadays
That's because of 2 things
1. just retarded people applying for high paying jobs. They apply to all these $500k+ jobs with no skillset or worthy experience
2. the ones that do have experience get discarded by HRs/Recruiters because they're retarded people who do everything under the sun except their job of going through resumes in detail and hiring the right people.

Ultimately it wouldn't matter, because you would end up finding a job sooner or later than NEVER.

Idk about the States but here in Canada a BBA is generally more valued than a bachelor's in Econ
I don't see how but alright

In No Order:

2. Data Science
3. AI/ML Engineering
5. Energy Engineering
6. Systems Engineering
8. Mechatronics
10. Civil Engineering
12. Neuroscience
13. Chemical Engineering
15. Architecture
17. Mathematics

Whats a top double major, I assume engineering + science?

Specifically what is a good double major to pair for computer engineering/computer science?

its a shame about how tough finance is in the US if you dont have 18 uncles working for goldman, kinda ruins the major.

if you look at EU youll see how much more popular and worth while an econ or finance degree is

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and benchlordthethird
its a shame about how tough finance is in the US if you dont have 18 uncles working for goldman, kinda ruins the major.

if you look at EU youll see how much more popular and worth while an econ or finance degree is
start unclemaxing boyo

useless, all social studies/studies where human is the main focus is dogshit

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: butterworld, poopoohead and 4ever
Gender and sexuality studies. Not joking.

World is turning LGBT so more people with academic background in this space are needed.

• JFL
Reactions: poopoohead
useless, all social studies/studies where human is the main focus is dogshit
wrong

That degree will be helpful for pre-law and researching into LLM and AI alignment down the line

• JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: SecularIslamist and poopoohead
Into the trash it goes.
they’re going no where anytime soon. Traditional data analyst or software engineer jobs will be modified and evolve but they will still remain and u need the knowledge for them

• JFL
Reactions: St.TikTokcel
Whats a top double major, I assume engineering + science?

Specifically what is a good double major to pair for computer engineering/computer science?
Depends on your interest

Double majoring is pointless if you don’t want to pursue both the things.

they’re going no where anytime soon. Traditional data analyst or software engineer jobs will be modified and evolve but they will still remain and u need the knowledge for them
Extremely oversaturated field. Probably the lowest IQ required out of all STEM degrees. AI is making every way easier i.e. Quick SQL. Plenty of dalits working for half the price. Not looking good in the future.

• +1
Reactions: Oueyy and lilxder2

In No Order:

2. Data Science
3. AI/ML Engineering
5. Energy Engineering
6. Systems Engineering
8. Mechatronics
10. Civil Engineering
12. Neuroscience
13. Chemical Engineering
15. Architecture
17. Mathematics

Fuckin geeks:forcedsmile:

Just Crimemaxx kill everyone and stole everything become a kingpin sell pure meth and have high iq =billionaire

Extremely oversaturated field. Probably the lowest IQ required out of all STEM degrees. AI is making every way easier i.e. Quick SQL. Plenty of dalits working for half the price. Not looking good in the future.
There’s so much to explore

• JFL
There’s so much to explore
Maybe if you're in the USA. Being an ITcuck in fourth world shitholes is worse than stacking shelves in TESCO.

• JFL
Reactions: poopoohead
Maybe if you're in the USA. Being an ITcuck in fourth world shitholes is worse than stacking shelves in TESCO.
How is that my problem now

• JFL
Reactions: 4ever and St.TikTokcel
Just stating that it's a shit field for most of the people since the entry level is very low.
It’s not though.
Who cares about the average people. If you pick a field u will have to excel in it to make real solid big cash regardless of what it is

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: 4ever and St.TikTokcel
It’s not though.
Who cares about the average people. If you pick a field u will have to excel in it to make real solid big cash regardless of what it is
>Just get a scholarship to Oxford, bro
Makes sense now.

>Just get a scholarship to Oxford, bro
Makes sense now.
Where did I say that
You just want some reacts here I can see why u r yapping

Learning is a long term thing. It doesn’t end with your degree.
If what you want is to learn something and not pick up a book ever again I recommend trade school.

Clearly you think trade school and a college degree are the same. They aren’t.
College degree doesn’t set u up for a job but rather gives you analytical skills to survive in the real world and learn as you grow.

You don’t seem to understand that. Typical retard.

• JFL
Where did I say that
You just want some reacts here I can see why u r yapping

Learning is a long term thing. It doesn’t end with your degree.
If what you want is to learn something and not pick up a book ever again I recommend trade school.

Clearly you think trade school and a college degree are the same. They aren’t.
College degree doesn’t set u up for a job but rather gives you analytical skills to survive in the real world and learn as you grow.

You don’t seem to understand that. Typical retard.
Yes, indeed, it is a scam. I already stated the reasons why it's like that. Most fields are extremely oversaturated and as far as I know, .org barely has actual high IQ users (no offense to those are). If you believe that studying these degrees is going to set you up well, you're dead wrong. Also, if you're not from the states, which most users aren't, it's a different ball game. Having a paper is a prerequisite, not a benefit.

Yes, indeed, it is a scam. I already stated the reasons why it's like that. Most fields are extremely oversaturated and as far as I know, .org barely has actual high IQ users (no offense to those are). If you believe that studying these degrees is going to set you up well, you're dead wrong. Also, if you're not from the states, which most users aren't, it's a different ball game.
I think that’s pretty clear and everyone understands that.

No one is trying for a get Rick quick scheme here, apart from you and a few others clearly.

This is a field that you choose and most probably will stick with for the rest of your life.

• +1
I think that’s pretty clear and everyone understands that.

No one is trying for a get Rick quick scheme here, apart from you and a few others clearly.

This is a field that you choose and most probably will stick with for the rest of your life.
Also, I was mainly referring to IT degrees. Others are alright especially engineering in the US. It's just that IT is a really shitty degree nowadays (wasn't like that 15 years ago).

Also, I was mainly referring to IT degrees. Others are alright especially engineering in the US. It's just that IT is a really shitty degree nowadays (wasn't like that 15 years ago).
there is an influx of a lot of people but they’re mostly retarded.
If one is genuinely into something and good at it, one will standout regardless.

Again like I said, people will just switch industries from IT to like a new field as they realize IT isn’t for them.

• JFL
there is an influx of a lot of people but they’re mostly retarded.
I really doubt this claim. Most stemcucks here are sophisticated unless you were talking about .org users.

• JFL
Reactions: slayer69
is masters in Software Engineering valid ?

wrong

That degree will be helpful for pre-law and researching into LLM and AI alignment down the line
i disagree, respectfully

Ntfag trait to do these majors

In No Order:

2. Data Science
3. AI/ML Engineering
5. Energy Engineering
6. Systems Engineering
8. Mechatronics
10. Civil Engineering
12. Neuroscience
13. Chemical Engineering
15. Architecture
17. Mathematics

Why architecture?

In No Order:

2. Data Science
3. AI/ML Engineering
5. Energy Engineering
6. Systems Engineering
8. Mechatronics
10. Civil Engineering
12. Neuroscience
13. Chemical Engineering
15. Architecture
17. Mathematics

why no psychology? all 17 of those can be taken over by AI

What about finance itself and with certifications like CFA or CPA

In No Order:

2. Data Science
3. AI/ML Engineering
5. Energy Engineering
6. Systems Engineering
8. Mechatronics
10. Civil Engineering
12. Neuroscience
13. Chemical Engineering
15. Architecture
17. Mathematics

if a dalit is doing CSE, you might aswell double major with math

• JFL
Reactions: Monobloc

In No Order:

2. Data Science
3. AI/ML Engineering
5. Energy Engineering
6. Systems Engineering
8. Mechatronics
10. Civil Engineering
12. Neuroscience
13. Chemical Engineering
15. Architecture
17. Mathematics

Lol MechE and EE is pajeet territory. NEVER major in it unless you want to leave lecture halls leaving like uncooked rat curry

• JFL
Reactions: butterworld