Topical iodine+dmso for male pattern baldness/hair loss

BornAgainChad

BornAgainChad

Sexy incel
Iodine seems to be a very promising cheap supplement to reverse hair loss. I've studied iodine, and there seems to be a lot of anecdotal reports of it being great at helping clear up blood vessels and promoting circulation. I think that this stems from its ability to help heal fibrotic tissue, or scar tissue. There are studies of it having the capability to heal scar tissue, btw.

Now, how does this correlate with hairloss?

The mechanism of male pattern hair loss is indirectly through androgens. The level of androgen receptor levels in the scalp correlate with how prone you are to hairloss. This is because activation of the androgen receptors induce the target cells to produce proteins that are harmful to the hair follicles. These proteins block the blood vessels that supply the hair follicles, causing the thinning seen in hairloss.

Finasteride blocks the intracellular conversion of testosterone to dht, which lowers mRNA associated with the harmful proteins. But it doesn't reverse the problem, it merely alleviates it. However, when iodine is used, it is believed to help clear the blood vessels up and bring back circulation, helping the hair follicles breathe again. This should help restore hair.

Again, there have been anecdotal reports of it reversing hair loss. But it seems to be a promising remedy. I'm not saying to throw away your finasteride and minoxidil, but imagine how cool it would be to get a full head of hair without doing the equivalent of a softcore chemical castration. You wouldn't have to ruin your masculine profile in the vain hope of getting back a full head of hair. And at the very most, you will be set back by 40$ by trying this remedy. It's totally worth it if it restores your hair.

The best combination is dmso + iodine IMHO, since dmso penetrates deeply into all tissues without needing blood to carry it.

• +1
Reactions: mxrcyy0 and bobs_pls