Tricking yourself that you’re starving to extend lifespan?

D

Deleted member 1901

Kraken
“Effective CR [caloric restriction] is also almost impossible to achieve in humans (Kraus et al., 2019). Laboratory animals undergoing CR are “convinced” that food is scarce. Perception of food scarcity seems crucial for CR to work, as worms given the impression of abundant food by the smell of yeast lost almost half of the life extension provided by CR (Libert et al., 2007). Even if they would be able to adhere to CR (which they are almost certainly not (Kraus et al., 2019)), humans would still know that food is abundant and therefore loose the beneficial effects regulated by psychology. Dieting is therefore a particularly unattractive and ineffective intervention to increase lifespan in humans.”

I will have to think about how to utilize this idea…

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
You have just weak character. Its your problem

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 39140
I know how to fool my brain very effectively but my method requires you to have an inherent belief in god so this probably wouldnt help you I suppose?
ALso do you suggest that this would work for intermittent fasting or how long should the period be in which we trick ourselves that no food is available?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
I know how to fool my brain very effectively but my method requires you to have an inherent belief in god so this probably wouldnt help you I suppose?
ALso do you suggest that this would work for intermittent fasting or how long should the period be in which we trick ourselves that no food is available?
Ideally the you should always be tricked that food is scarce.

• Woah
Reactions: lilxder2
Ideally the you should always be tricked that food is scarce.
Makes sense, are you sure that this wont lead to high cortisol levels tho? Constanz fear of starving type shi

• +1
is this legit? sounds like cap tbh

Caloric restriction is controversial
@averagejoe popularizes the idea of putting the fork down and amnesia like to femboymax by consuming 500kcal per day. Our forum chads are making the controversial idea of CR more accessible to the public, wow such heroes 😻

• +1
@averagejoe popularizes the idea of putting the fork down and amnesia like to femboymax by consuming 500kcal per day. Our forum chads are making the controversial idea of CR more accessible to the public, wow such heroes 😻
nobody eats 500 calories per day, thats bullshit. I lived like that in college, not for the looks just because of depression, and its so unhealthy that it impacts severely your body and descends your appearance, you dont get sufficient nutrients.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901 and lilxder2
Caloric restriction is controversial
starve yourself so you can look like this