UK YOUNG PROFESSIONALS DITCH WAGESLAVING FOR THE BIG 4 COMPANIES (PwC, DELOITTE, EY, KPMG)

People leaving school at 16 back in mid 90s now have multiple houses and businesses JFL. My uncle was a waiter and raked.

They could work hard and climb the social-economic ladder. Our generation (and next) are fucked no matter how hard they work and try.
Oh no, why?
Didn't you say you had like 14 followers on insta jfl

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and Xangsane
People leaving school at 16 back in mid 90s now have multiple houses and businesses JFL. My uncle was a waiter and raked.
It was easy for them.
They could work hard and climb the social-economic ladder. Our generation (and next) are fucked no matter how hard they work and try.
No wonder most of us want to leave this shit island.
Didn't you say you had like 14 followers on insta jfl
33 followers on Insta, 13 on TikTok (both private)

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall, SecularIslamist and Deleted member 29558
True. Educationmaxxing takes years off earning potential.

I did undergrad and postgrad. Seeing my non-uni friend buying cars and houses (up north) made me regret it. Now I have a lifelong tax for a job I technically don't need a degree for.

Brutal. Is this London? He must be spending most of his wage on rent +living costs in a single bedroom.
Yeah there’s probably no point doing degrees unless you’re really passionate about doing something for which a degree is needed, but for most generic purposes it’s a waste of time and money. I have a friend who didn’t do degree but his rich dad started a business up for him and he employed managers to run it and that guy is just travelling the world and partying 24/7 from what it seems like while employing people way older than him, jfl.

The PwC guy is in West Midlands now. But he works till like 6 PM even as a starter. Brutal life. And you just get 28 days or whatever for paid leave. It’s literally impossible to have an enjoyable life here in UK unless you’re born rich or have no aspirations to enjoy. And prices are so high even for shitty studio apartments. It’s over

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, SecularIslamist and Xangsane
Yeah there’s probably no point doing degrees unless you’re really passionate about doing something for which a degree is needed, but for most generic purposes it’s a waste of time and money. I have a friend who didn’t do degree but his rich dad started a business up for him and he employed managers to run it and that guy is just travelling the world and partying 24/7 from what it seems like while employing people way older than him, jfl.
Looks level?
The PwC guy is in West Midlands now. But he works till like 6 PM even as a starter. Brutal life. And you just get 28 days or whatever for paid leave. It’s literally impossible to have an enjoyable life here in UK unless you’re born rich or have no aspirations to enjoy. And prices are so high even for shitty studio apartments. It’s over
And that's why I still live with my family.

@SecularIslamist how could I, without going to socialmediamaxx/MMmaxx?
You can’t just IGmax, it’s hard to make it big and mostly about reels and shit nowadays and not really about looks that much.

• +1
Reactions: SecularIslamist and Xangsane
You can’t just IGmax, it’s hard to make it big and mostly about reels and shit nowadays and not really about looks that much.
What is it about these days? What are reels?

• JFL
Reactions: Xangsane
Very few people make it to the top. Accident of birth and inherited wealth plays a large role.

That being said I'm a free school mealcel and never though Id get a middle class job in the city. That being said I'm probably living poorer than a low tier working class person did up north back in the 90s or 2000s.
UK is finished. I've made threads about state and decline of UK relative to other countries. Many third worlders still prize the UK and see it as a place worth coming JFL.

UK has a specifically retarded obsession with housing. That being said I didn't think west midlands was too bad tbh. Wage to house ratio matters quite a lot.

I'm earning 'decent money' on London and own a tiny one bed flat. But I'm from up north and and could have been in a 4 or 5 bed house.

I honestly think I would've been better off if I worked as a waiter or something up north.

• +1
  • So Sad
@Xangsane

Don't fall for the IG shit. 99% of the time popular ideas don't work.

Take a 'risk' (but higher chance) on something else. Like I'm betting big on quantum computing or synthetic biology - but that could be decades or even centuries off. I'm gonna lose it all or make it big.

• +1
Big 4 accounting firms are overrated. JFL that many people have it as their dream company.

Accounting in 2023 is a shit career but even then there are many big companies that pay accountants more than at big 4 firms.

Big 4 is in over 100 states though so wageslavers in poor states in Africa can make a lot more as accountant there than any other company.

• +1
@Xangsane

Don't fall for the IG shit. 99% of the time popular ideas don't work.
It's saturated anyway. Cheap fame. Short-lived validation from mentally ill JBs.
Take a 'risk' (but higher chance) on something else. Like I'm betting big on quantum computing or synthetic biology - but that could be decades or even centuries off. I'm gonna lose it all or make it big.
(y) tech is oversaturated.

Reels, NTness, content, gymcelling.
RBF_LSLD.png

Funny I was smashing a foid who dad was CEO of Deloitte I'm American didn't even know it was fortune 500

• JFL
(y) tech is oversaturated.
Definitely. I'm still waiting on NASDAQ to hit 8k :lul:

But those technologies I named like synthetic biology, quantum computing, even nuclear fusion and other renewable energy sources like geothermal are worth investing (soon). High risk high reward.

People are still hyped over things like EVs and artificial intelligence which is getting all the attention since 2020. No wonder Tesla and Lucid valuations are retarded. These industries are and will be important but like usually the average person is far too late.

• Love it
Lmao at going into finance

Shit jobs for shit pay. Just lol

My first job out of uni paid me 30k and all I did was watch YouTube. 0 stress, 0 overtime

You have to be a legit retard to work 60+ hours for poverty wages
lol what was that? Super 'mirin.

Take it that's what you went into? Could be worse, could be going into art and failing deadlines whilst having ptsd and then undiagnosed autism. Just lol at having a wage and low inhib but such is life mate.

Looksmaxxinng, finance, and nt/low-inhibmaxxing strongly makes me consider going back to uni again for a second course but obviously, there would be slaying the competition.