Underdeveloped maxilla cause of scleral show

Cristiano88

Cristiano88

Bronze
I ve been to a very good oculoplastic surgeon for my 2mm lower scleral show and he told me it is because of my poor under eye support, because of my underdeveloped maxilla.

He said fillers just won t do it because it will take a big quantity of filler to achieve this.

I suggested implants and he told me they are not a good idea and they usually need revisions because usually the patient thinks he wants them done smaller or bigger. And that it s a big hassle taking them out.

Do you know any good surgeon which does zygos OR infraorbital rim implants in Europe(only, no US)?

I am willing and able to make this surgerymax but i need to see a before after gallery to convince me of good results.
And i have yet to see such a thing.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, spark, Lorsss and 4 others
damn imagine getting advice like that. during my time as a 13 year old I spent countless hours researching techniques to alleviate my dark circles. everyone was bluepilled as fuck back then so I spent years using useless products and natural remedies on it to no avail :feelskek: I was born 10 years too early or late

• +1
Reactions: Manfrommars, 5'7 zoomer, Raitik88 and 5 others
damn imagine getting advice like that. during my time as a 13 year old I spent countless hours researching techniques to alleviate my dark circles. everyone was bluepilled as fuck back then so I spent years using useless products and natural remedies on it to no avail :feelskek: I was born 10 years too early or late
So what did you do in the end?
What was your fix for dark circles?

So what did you do in the end?
What was your fix for dark circles?
I still have them to some degree jfl. tightening up the eye muscles helps and so does maxillary advancement

• Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
I still have them to some degree jfl. tightening up the eye muscles helps and so does maxillary advancement
Tried PM but does not work.
Well can you elaborate please?
How did you tighted the muscles?
How did you advance your maxilla?

Tried PM but does not work.
Well can you elaborate please?
How did you tighted the muscles?
How did you advance your maxilla?
I squintmaxxed. did not advance maxilla you'd need lefort 3 for that or high cut lefort 1 at worst and I'd have to drop 80k++ for an actual surgeon for that. or be in puberty still. many who get state sponsored chimp bimaxes 'fix' their eye area with implants though

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and Cristiano88
Italians do it. I'm also looking into fixing my recessed orbitals. It's a whole fucking lot of cash tho. 9000€ for custom

Italians do it. I'm also looking into fixing my recessed orbitals. It's a whole fucking lot of cash tho. 9000€ for custom
Thanks. Yeah, it does not come cheap.
Any surgeon in particular which you would recommend?

bone anchored facepulling would fix this if you're an adult
sclera show is 100% linked to maxilla and canthal tilt to zygos

• +1
Reactions: Cristiano88
bone anchored facepulling would fix this if you're an adult
sclera show is 100% linked to maxilla and canthal tilt to zygos
Bone anchored facepulling?
Have you done it? Does it work?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14848
Bone anchored facepulling?
Have you done it? Does it work?
I think it was never done irl with humans
It works well with monkeys and in simulations tho

I have under eye bags (bad under eyes support) but perfect almond shape with 0 sclera show, your surgeon is wrong

• Hmm...
Reactions: Fear
I have under eye bags (bad under eyes support) but perfect almond shape with 0 sclera show, your surgeon is wrong
Well i hope he is wrong because i really want to fix this thing.
I will read about cantopexy and that ligament cutting procedure.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
I ve been to a very good oculoplastic surgeon for my 2mm lower scleral show and he told me it is because of my poor under eye support, because of my underdeveloped maxilla.

He said fillers just won t do it because it will take a big quantity of filler to achieve this.

I suggested implants and he told me they are not a good idea and they usually need revisions because usually the patient thinks he wants them done smaller or bigger. And that it s a big hassle taking them out.

Do you know any good surgeon which does zygos OR infraorbital rim implants in Europe(only, no US)?

I am willing and able to make this surgerymax but i need to see a before after gallery to convince me of good results.
And i have yet to see such a thing.
Expand back part of your maxilla. Your scleral show will eventually go away.

This is what i got on realself. Only eppley answered(so far)​

Answer: Infraorbital Augmentation​

With a significant lack of infraorbital bone projection (negative orbital vector) the lower eyelids will droop down, have scleral show and undereye hollows will result. A fundamental component of successfully resolving the scleral show is to add infraorbital bone projection along with lower eyelid reconstructive procedures. The best way to do so is with a custom infraorbital-malar implant. Whether the implant should also go lower and augment the recessed maxilla as well, for an overall more complete midface augmentation effect, is one of personal choice.

8 years ago I used to do face 'gym' exercises hoping to advance my brutally recessed jaws jfl. Today you can just google recessed chin or something like this and you will land on looksmax or lookism, I wish it was that easy back then to get good information

• +1
Reactions: Manfrommars, Preoximerianas, Cristiano88 and 1 other person
Start face pulling and mewing to help your maxilla.

One way to do it is hard mewing. But you should be extremely dedicative and cautious. It is not easy.
Does it work for adults? I am 33.

• +1
Reactions: Sens
Does it work for adults? I am 33.
who knows, key is to do everthing u can religiously and give it a try. If you won't succeed, there nothing to regret, because you made an effort

Been reading lately about infraorbital rim implants, seem like they are a terrible idea and fillers are a lot better(for undereye hollows)
For scleral show i did not find answers stating that fillers are good(or not) but even for scleral show implants are still a bad idea.

• JFL
Reactions: zeek
Got another answer on realself.
"Deformity" :))
At least there is a consensus.

It is very likely that small cheek bones (malar hypoplasia) is the major reason for scleral show. Correction of this deformity, in your case, should involve cheek augmentation with implants; it this does not completely resolve problem of scleral show, additional canthopexy should be performed few months later. In person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial implants is recommended. Good luck.

Dark eye circles are caused by masturbation, I think it's crazy I went years without knowing that.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371
implant pr fat graft or filler

same old shit

Expand back part of your maxilla. Your scleral show will eventually go away.
I doubt it, expanding back palate would expand maxilla and make cheekbones more wider it wont raise the cheekbones which is the real cause of the scalera show, he prolly needs facial upswing to make make maxilla move upwards instead of downwards

This is what i got on realself. Only eppley answered(so far)​

Answer: Infraorbital Augmentation​

With a significant lack of infraorbital bone projection (negative orbital vector) the lower eyelids will droop down, have scleral show and undereye hollows will result. A fundamental component of successfully resolving the scleral show is to add infraorbital bone projection along with lower eyelid reconstructive procedures. The best way to do so is with a custom infraorbital-malar implant. Whether the implant should also go lower and augment the recessed maxilla as well, for an overall more complete midface augmentation effect, is one of personal choice.
why am i with underye hollow without scleral show then

IK this is late but impaction reduces scleral show

• +1
Reactions: Cristiano88