Web Development is a pain in the ass

bradpittshairline

bradpittshairline

im a ass and titty lover
just finished a 3 month long course in 2 weeks learnt full stack development, did all projects

today I tried to make my own website without a goal from instructor, and I got stuck and confused, FML it will take me 1 more month to become a mogger programmer and start freelancing

Anyone whos good at this give me tips, I wanna focus on frontend mainly its my weakness

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: capybar, Nick.Harte, st.hamudi but 6‘5 and 3 others
x

• JFL
Reactions: capybar

• JFL
Some tips (you might alrdy know some of this, but ill post them here anyway haha)

1. Go learn Node.js - you can do literally anything frontend or backend in this now and it's like one of the most used tools in programming rn
2. Once you understand Node and asynchronous JS a bit, go figure out React. It's very easy to learn and will make your life as a front end web developer significantly easier. Plus there's so many modules for React that add in finished components, so it'll cut down on the work you have to do by a ton
3. Work hard. Devs are notoriously lazy, if you output high quality work fast then you'll be infinitely valuable

Lmk if you need help w/ some of the more nitty gritty things. Good look my man!

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: capybar, Shkreliii, st.hamudi but 6‘5 and 3 others
better smoke weed play guitar

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: capybar and thecel
Some tips (you might alrdy know some of this, but ill post them here anyway haha)

1. Go learn Node.js - you can do literally anything frontend or backend in this now and it's like one of the most used tools in programming rn
2. Once you understand Node and asynchronous JS a bit, go figure out React. It's very easy to learn and will make your life as a front end web developer significantly easier. Plus there's so many modules for React that add in finished components, so it'll cut down on the work you have to do by a ton
3. Work hard. Devs are notoriously lazy, if you output high quality work fast then you'll be infinitely valuable

Thanks bro I appreciate that. I learnt Node and Express pretty well.

Struggling a bit with Asynchronous JS, and React Hooks since I’m really new to these.

This course made me go through HTML/CSS/JS/Express/React/SQL and I finished the course in half its time by doing it 24/7. Because of this I’m kinda getting confused when I’m trying to start a project from scratch.

What would you recommend I do if I’m new to web dev? I’m really good at Java/Python/C in academics but I kinda stuck at development atm.

I’d say I’m a huge try hard so I’m spending all my days and nights coding since the last month. Can you give me a roadmap to be comfortable with front end with React so I can be good by January?

My bad if this wall of text is all over the place. I’m mainly getting stuck rn because I did 1-2 assignments for each topic in the course so it’s not a lot of development hours per topic

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: capybar and thecel
lmao gpt fully automated your job gl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: capybar, lowiqNormie, schizo echochamber and 2 others
Low IQ response try doing it and you’ll realize this won’t happen in the next 20 years. AI will be a tool in the job not replace the job

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: capybar, Shkreliii and Pakicel
Get a degree, I doubt you'll get past HR without one or significant experience.

Hope it goes well tho.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: capybar, schizo echochamber and Shkreliii
Get a degree, I doubt you'll get past HR without one or significant experience.

Hope it goes well tho.
I’m in college rn studying CS

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: capybar and Fiqh
Low IQ response try doing it and you’ll realize this won’t happen in the next 20 years. AI will be a tool in the job not replace the job
in the next 20 years :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek:
bro we will have an AGI in 2 years, your job will be FULLY automated

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: capybar, schizo echochamber and Shkreliii

Struggling a bit with Asynchronous JS, and React Hooks since I’m really new to these.

This course made me go through HTML/CSS/JS/Express/React/SQL and I finished the course in half its time by doing it 24/7. Because of this I’m kinda getting confused when I’m trying to start a project from scratch.

What would you recommend I do if I’m new to web dev? I’m really good at Java/Python/C in academics but I kinda stuck at development atm.

I’d say I’m a huge try hard so I’m spending all my days and nights coding since the last month. Can you give me a roadmap to be comfortable with front end with React so I can be good by January?

My bad if this wall of text is all over the place. I’m mainly getting stuck rn because I did 1-2 assignments for each topic in the course so it’s not a lot of development hours per topic
Just start with small projects. Do really simple stuff first then when you understand how to actually make websites and such you can slowly get more complicated.

This problem that you're facing right now is (in my opinion) the issue w/ school courses for coding. Coding is very hands on, and you learn by doing projects just a little outside of your wheelhouse (googling, doing research, etc). But in school you only learn theory. You never learn the process of making the project or solving your problems. So yeah you just need to get a little exposure doing exactly that.

That bright side is that you do know the theory, so it'll come very easy to you

Also use this to your advantage. Chat GPT can be a very big aide for programming and walk you through some of your issues. It's a tool I've personally taken advantage of to use my time more efficiently

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: capybar and bradpittshairline
in the next 20 years :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek:
Idc I don’t plan on staying in for more than 5 years in this industry. I have a CS degree it’s a lot more than just web dev

• JFL
Just start with small projects. Do really simple stuff first then when you understand how to actually make websites and such you can slowly get more complicated.

This problem that you're facing right now is (in my opinion) the issue w/ school courses for coding. Coding is very hands on, and you learn by doing projects just a little outside of your wheelhouse (googling, doing research, etc). But in school you only learn theory. You never learn the process of making the project or solving your problems. So yeah you just need to get a little exposure doing exactly that.

That bright side is that you do know the theory, so it'll come very easy to you
I do have experience coding myself but they were mostly non UI based projects.

I mentioned college projects to show that I can code. You’re right about starting small though, I’ll start by building small React apps, then building simple blog level sites with low logic.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: capybar and Jfbdjrjrhthrj
I do have experience coding myself but they were mostly non UI based projects.

I mentioned college projects to show that I can code. You’re right about starting small though, I’ll start by building small React apps, then building simple blog level sites with low logic.
Good idea. Just do stuff just barely out of your wheelhouse. You'll slowly get better and better

• JFL
  • +1
Good idea. Just do stuff just barely out of your wheelhouse. You'll slowly get better and better
How long do you think it’ll take if I’m good at coding and I spend 5-6 hours a day doing this

• JFL
How long do you think it’ll take if I’m good at coding and I spend 5-6 hours a day doing this
Hmm it's hard to say. Idk how fast you pick things up.

The good news is that it's non-linear. As time goes on you'll pick things up faster and faster

• +1
Reactions: bradpittshairline
AI learns exponentially every day. Governments will have to stop this somehow, otherwise almost everything will be fully automated.
Damn, I really wish it was the end of post modern society.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: capybar and FutureSlayer
just finished a 3 month long course in 2 weeks learnt full stack development, did all projects

today I tried to make my own website without a goal from instructor, and I got stuck and confused, FML it will take me 1 more month to become a mogger programmer and start freelancing

Anyone whos good at this give me tips, I wanna focus on frontend mainly its my weakness

Which has good prospects web dev Or app dev i am planning on to whether learn react/nodejs/css/html Or flutter

Any advice would be greatful

• JFL
Which has good prospects web dev Or app dev i am planning on to whether learn react/nodejs/css/html Or flutter

Any advice would be greatful
I'd go w/ web development. If you learn html/css/js and then node & react you'll be so golden. You'll be able to do frontend and backend stuff at your leisure. Plus, if you get good at react you can use that to make anything. Take a look at React Native - you can make websites, mobile apps (IOS and android), and even desktop apps (using Electron if you'd like - which is what apps like Discord are built with).

So yeah basically if you can learn html/css/js and node & react you'll pretty much be able to code literally anything you want. It's the best move for fullstack programming and making yourself valuable

Good luck my man

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: capybar, SteveLorde and bradpittshairline
Hmm it's hard to say. Idk how fast you pick things up.

The good news is that it's non-linear. As time goes on you'll pick things up faster and faster
Appreciate the advice. How long did it take you to get good? I got 2 years till I graduate college I wanna be exceptionally good compared to my peers so I don’t have trouble with job hunt

Nigger transition into something like Devops or security.

I've worked for big tech companies and large banks, and literally all of them are going full steam ahead into LLM's.

I'm transitioning into security in the fintech sphere, because my upcoming job will actually require a security clearance, so some marauding 5'4 greasy indian can't just steal it.

Get out of web development boyo, and tbqh, it might just be over for most white collar cels.

Consider a trade boyo

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: capybar, bradpittshairline and Fiqh
I'd go w/ web development. If you learn html/css/js and then node & react you'll be so golden. You'll be able to do frontend and backend stuff at your leisure. Plus, if you get good at react you can use that to make anything. Take a look at React Native - you can make websites, mobile apps (IOS and android), and even desktop apps (using Electron if you'd like - which is what apps like Discord are built with).

So yeah basically if you can learn html/css/js and node & react you'll pretty much be able to code literally anything you want. It's the best move for fullstack programming and making yourself valuable

Good luck my man
This is fucking bullshit.

Dude, web development is extensively oversatruated.

I fucking hate it when normies give outdated advice to our fellow looksmaxxing brothers.

Come on bro

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: capybar, bwrauycnee and Fiqh

Focus on one tech stack. If you're trying to freelance create your profile from now. The first few orders are going to be a slow drip. You're gonna have to undercut in order for people to give you your first reviews since you're competing against 3rd worlds with rock bottom prices and tons of good reviews. One of the things I've been explicitly told by people for the reason they're going for someone in the 1st world even though it's more expensive is because it can be difficult to communicate the project to them. Especially because many of the times the client will not have a clear idea of what they want. So basically meet with them, just video call or some shit, have them explain the project, and help them flesh it out. They love that shit.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: kyrre, capybar, bradpittshairline and 1 other person

You ever tried putting a big butt plug in your butthole while designing a website?

• JFL
Reactions: kyrre and capybar

I've worked for big tech companies and large banks, and literally all of them are going full steam ahead into LLM's.

I'm transitioning into security in the fintech sphere, because my upcoming job will actually require a security clearance, so some marauding 5'4 greasy indian can't just steal it.

Get out of web development boyo, and tbqh, it might just be over for most white collar cels.

Consider a trade boyo
I’ll do devops eventually

• JFL
Focus on one tech stack. If you're trying to freelance create your profile from now. The first few orders are going to be a slow drip. You're gonna have to undercut in order for people to give you your first reviews since you're competing against 3rd worlds with rock bottom prices and tons of good reviews. One of the things I've been explicitly told by people for the reason they're going for someone in the 1st world even though it's more expensive is because it can be difficult to communicate the project to them. Especially because many of the times the client will not have a clear idea of what they want. So basically meet with them, just video call or some shit, have them explain the project, and help them flesh it out. They love that shit.
So should I stick with MERN? How did u start getting freelance projects? I’ve seen that 3rd world lacks design so I’m trying to get really good at that + I have good communication skills fs

• JFL

I fucking hate it when normies give outdated advice to our fellow looksmaxxing brothers.

Come on bro
My advice wasn't only for web development tho. It was to learn Node and react which would allow him to do any backend application as well as any frontend app between web, IOS, android, and desktop apps.
Appreciate the advice. How long did it take you to get good? I got 2 years till I graduate college I wanna be exceptionally good compared to my peers so I don’t have trouble with job hunt
I started HTML/ CSS/ JS when I was 11, so I've been coding 10 years. Imo it's really not about being good, it's about working exceptionally hard. With programming there's always gonna be someone smarter than you or better, but like I said earlier, most programmers are lazy. If you can outwork them, you'll rise everyone else.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: capybar, bradpittshairline and Fiqh
My advice wasn't only for web development tho. It was to learn Node and react which would allow him to do any backend application as well as any frontend app between web, IOS, android, and desktop apps.

I started HTML/ CSS/ JS when I was 11, so I've been coding 10 years. Imo it's really not about being good, it's about working exceptionally hard. With programming there's always gonna be someone smarter than you or better, but like I said earlier, most programmers are lazy. If you can outwork them, you'll rise everyone else.
Yes, but try to not burn yourself out.

• JFL
So should I stick with MERN? How did u start getting freelance projects? I’ve seen that 3rd world lacks design so I’m trying to get really good at that + I have good communication skills fs
The other anon is right about oversaturation btw. You're getting into a highly competitive space. I dominate certain niches on a couple different freelancing and contract work sites. The way I started out was with more general listings like "API development in <language> with <widely used but unpopular with new devs framework>" but then I would get semi-related requests and a lot of them had significant components which were common. So I basically split the listings off into what they were asking for, and made project templates for each of them. So when I deliver a project it usually comes with a decent amount more than they asked for, in less time, and at a higher quality someone else would have been able to making it from scratch for the same amount. I'm horrible at communication, though when I started out I was even worse. I gradually got better through exposure therapy / having to repeatedly meet. Oh right, after you get started you probably want to do what you can to make yourself look bigger than you are. For example, I make it look as though I have a decent amount of people hired when really it's just me and a couple 3rd worlders I subcontract out to.

Consider a trade boyo
Funny enough, I'm actually working on some pentesting certs as a backup plan. Don't think I'll need it though, this will mostly be affecting juniors and I'm at a senior dev level now.

• +1
  • JFL

Consider a trade boyo
What kind of initiatives are they working on with LLMs?

• JFL
I fully believe that chatgpt will succesfully replace atleast 10x of the industry, and all you'll need is a chinese man knowing how to work the machine for someones individual interest.

• JFL
Over for webdevcels

• JFL

Come on bro
The other anon is right about oversaturation btw. You're getting into a highly competitive space. I dominate certain niches on a couple different freelancing and contract work sites. The way I started out was with more general listings like "API development in <language> with <widely used but unpopular with new devs framework>" but then I would get semi-related requests and a lot of them had significant components which were common. So I basically split the listings off into what they were asking for, and made project templates for each of them. So when I deliver a project it usually comes with a decent amount more than they asked for, in less time, and at a higher quality someone else would have been able to making it from scratch for the same amount. I'm horrible at communication, though when I started out I was even worse. I gradually got better through exposure therapy / having to repeatedly meet. Oh right, after you get started you probably want to do what you can to make yourself look bigger than you are. For example, I make it look as though I have a decent amount of people hired when really it's just me and a couple 3rd worlders I subcontract out to.

Funny enough, I'm actually working on some pentesting certs as a backup plan. Don't think I'll need it though, this will mostly be affecting juniors and I'm at a senior dev level now.
So should I focus on mobile app dev with flutter?

• JFL
Reactions: User28823

What should I get into then? I’m getting into web so I can use this skill to build a business if I want

So should I focus on mobile app dev with flutter?
If you're going to learn how to make mobile apps, do so with React so then you'll also be able to make websites and desktop apps.

• +1
Reactions: bradpittshairline
Its way too hard, Not Worth it

• JFL
Reactions: User28823

lmao if u think u need programming to make a website.

elementor & wordpress exists. everything is already made. normies can just drag and drop anything they want into a site

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell
lol all this shit would be beyond easy if I took stimulants every day
But no, I have to keep coping with muh sobriety

• JFL
i mean if you guys are struggling with web development, its an entry level programming concept. Mfers on this site wanting to be a quant but have to take Adderall to create a website

• JFL
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel, capybar, bwrauycnee and 1 other person

iq issue

• JFL
lol all this shit would be beyond easy if I took stimulants every day
But no, I have to keep coping with muh sobriety
i have access to stimulants but i took a break, now that I've started grinding and am focused without them, ill start again. I have a prescription

• JFL
i mean if you guys are struggling with web development, its an entry level programming concept. Mfers on this site wanting to be a quant but have to take Adderall to create a website
lol Node is very extensive and anyone can deploy a website, the goal is to be good at it. the standards 5 years back don't apply any more, the part I'm struggling with is fontend because I want the site to look like Apple but I don't have design experience.

• JFL
lol Node is very extensive and anyone can deploy a website, the goal is to be good at it. the standards 5 years back don't apply any more, the part I'm struggling with is fontend because I want the site to look like Apple but I don't have design experience.
i dont understand, do you want to be a ui developer or a engineer. You can literally copy and paste a screenshot of apples page to chatgpt to do it for you. Web development consultancy is dying and not as profitable as it was, might as well just find a full time job as a engineer

• JFL

what kind of website were you trying to build

• JFL