Web Development is a pain in the ass

Simple portfolio but with a UI library and idk why the library wasn’t rendering
upload code somewhere and link. which ui library? also, any errors in the webserver logs or browser console logs?

• JFL
Reactions: capybar
upload code somewhere and link. which ui library? also, any errors in the webserver logs or browser console logs?
deleted the code already, starting again today with a new project. do you have any project suggestions to practice

• JFL
Reactions: capybar
i dont understand, do you want to be a ui developer or a engineer. You can literally copy and paste a screenshot of apples page to chatgpt to do it for you. Web development consultancy is dying and not as profitable as it was, might as well just find a full time job as a engineer
That’s the goal, but I wanna be good at UI because if your portolfio looks like shit recruiters won’t give a shut about your backend skills they’ll just skip

• JFL
Reactions: User28823
That’s the goal, but I wanna be good at UI because if your portolfio looks like shit recruiters won’t give a shut about your backend skills they’ll just skip
Actually recruiters mostly care about your school. It’s unlikely they even look at your portfolio unless you’re applying for a design position

• +1
Reactions: User28823
dude............... recruiters are NOT looking at your portfolio

at BEST in rare cases a dev will look at it if they read an interesting project on your resume but basic CRUD MERN apps are not impressive at all... they know there's millions of tutorials online anyway, its way more competitive now

ur best bet is getting a degree + networking into an internship that converts to a full time offer after graduating

and if u do get the rare case of someone looking at your portfolio... u better know the ins and outs of everything you did on those projects

• Woah
Reactions: bradpittshairline

at BEST in rare cases a dev will look at it if they read an interesting project on your resume but basic CRUD MERN apps are not impressive at all... they know there's millions of tutorials online anyway, its way more competitive now

ur best bet is getting a degree + networking into an internship that converts to a full time offer after graduating

and if u do get the rare case of someone looking at your portfolio... u better know the ins and outs of everything you did on those projects
I’m already in college for the degree dawg but I have no networks. Market is also shit rn, I have contacts of 2-3 mid size company CEOs but idk if they’ll help me. One of them got me a internship at a big company but I couldn’t do it because of relocation

Actually recruiters mostly care about your school. It’s unlikely they even look at your portfolio unless you’re applying for a design position
Well damn my school sucks and my gpa sucks

• So Sad
Reactions: bwrauycnee

What about a machine learning project

What about a machine learning project
i'd argue that field is more difficult to break into since entry-level positions are very rare and way more competitive

if u want to compete with others in web development I would build a SAAS with actual customers

i'd argue that field is more difficult to break into since entry-level positions are very rare and way more competitive

if u want to compete with others in web development I would build a SAAS with actual customers
That’s what I’m trying to do, I’m building projects that I’ll actually deploy and promote, the initial ones will be fun projects that may get hella users (even one time users is fine.

And later I have a SaaS AI based business idea for which I’ll need MERN. I’m also taking a college class in Maxhine Learning it’ll help me with that

i had a shit website i still have and still got 5+ internships 1 faang all 30/hr above. They don't care after your first internship, looking good != good engineering.