What could be the roots of someone's cynicism

D

Deleted member 52057

Sphinx
I'm average looking. I've had a good childhood. No traumas and I've had at least 2 friends. Yet I'm cynical.
I've admitted cynicism is making my life harder, even more when it comes to relationships. I can't love anyone. I expect the worse from everyone.

I've had this attitude since I was a kid, to a less degree compared to nowadays but still that was present at such a young age.

I had no reasons to be cynical.

I wonder if there is a biological reason a person can be just like that. So I could cope about this. Like if it depends on genetics.
And If that is not normal and I might have experienced something that I don't remember that made me cynical.

To be honest I don't know what to do.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AngryShortMale
cwbrzohzyj4c1.jpg

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Pikabro, Sny, Fiqh and 3 others
yh genetics mostly influence feelings. Can't even have feelings of your own nowadays jfl

the only reason you get hurt by someones cynicism or shit talk is becuase you know they are right.
if you didnt care you would never even acknowlgde them

• +1
Reactions: wollet2, AngryShortMale and Pale God
I'm average looking. I've had a good childhood. No traumas and I've had at least 2 friends. Yet I'm cynical.
I've admitted cynicism is making my life harder, even more when it comes to relationships. I can't love anyone. I expect the worse from everyone.

I've had this attitude since I was a kid, to a less degree compared to nowadays but still that was present at such a young age.

I had no reasons to be cynical.

I wonder if there is a biological reason a person can be just like that. So I could cope about this. Like if it depends on genetics.
And If that is not normal and I might have experienced something that I don't remember that made me cynical.

To be honest I don't know what to do.
You develop cynicism as a self defense mechanism to avoid to getting hurt emotionally. You must have been a very sensitive person (maybe even prone to depression) once.

Bad question.

Good question would be why not every teenager on the planet is extremely cynical given how nonfunctional lives they have.

You are cynical because you don't have functional life.

Other people who don't have functional lives are somehow not cynical. That's the mystery.

If you are so cynical why are you not cynical about this statement "I had no reasons to be cynical.". You have multiple reasons to be cynical. You will be cynical until you make your life functional.