What did Tyler Durden mean by self-improvement is masturbation? (Fight Club)

MakinItHappen

MakinItHappen

CuckMax is dead.
Really interesting take and break-down.

• +1
Reactions: lookism, future_mogger, EggKing and 2 others
It's mental masturbation because it's fantasizing about being better off. Same way as dudes here mentally masturbate and fantasize about getting lefort 3 and obo.

• +1
Reactions: BBCFactory, kingpiin, Deleted member 67558 and 24 others
Cause for most people their self improvement wont lead anywhere, but it keeps them hopeful that someday they'll be better off because of it

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular, Deleted member 67558, incel194012940 and 13 others
fucking cringe

ignored

Cause for most people their self improvement wont lead anywhere, but it keeps them hopeful that someday they'll be better off because of it
Yeh it’s a big waste of time, without a base

• +1
Reactions: romanstock
It's mental masturbation because it's fantasizing about being better off. Same way as dudes here mentally masturbate and fantasize about getting lefort 3 and obo.
as 90% of this forum does

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 67558, BoredPrince, midlatinocel and 1 other person

Most people here suit the self-destruction route. (Talked about in the video) Not the self-improvement.

• +1
Reactions: FutureSlayer
It isnt even remotely close to masturbation. Tyler durden is just nuts literally.

It isnt even remotely close to masturbation. Tyler durden is just nuts literally.

Mental masturbation you moronic tool. That shows you never really watched Fight Club or understood it.

Mental masturbation you moronic tool. That shows you never really watched Fight Club or understood it.
You're the fool for thinking i meant fapping.

Mental masturbation is fapping,
Self improvement is sex.

One is necessary for ego other destroys ego.

• +1
Reactions: barettrealrx
It means youll have to goon

You stop self-improvement and you fall into depression. Evolution is coded in our DNA, you can go against that but you’re just axing your own foot. Life is simple, don’t complicate it with feel-good philosophy stuff.

• +1
Reactions: maxilofailo, barettrealrx, pablomaxx and 5 others
It's not him telling the narrator his take on what self improvement is, he says it because whenever we see Marla and Tyler having sex in the movie the narrator is working out or reading (self improvement) also Marla like Tyler is a made up character inside the narrators mind, the narrator isn't having sex, he's masturbating to the thought of both his characters doing it

• +1
Reactions: Salted_Salty
This guy gets it

Really interesting take and break-down.

he meant "don't try to improve urself silly incel , just be gigachad like me and go out and have sex. It's that simple ;) "

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro
In a normal society (not a woke matriarchy) physical appearence and shit doesnt matter, men are men and free to be men

In a normal society (not a woke matriarchy) physical appearence and shit doesnt matter, men are men and free to be men

Better explanation. BOth self improvement and destruction are needed

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Struggler03 and FutureSlayer
Tyler Durden wasn't real, the protagonist was simply crazy and imagining things and Tyler seemed to be more like a troll trying to mess with the guy...

• +1
Reactions: maxilofailo
Tyler Durden wasn't real, the protagonist was simply crazy and imagining things and Tyler seemed to be more like a troll trying to mess with the guy...

No offence but I don't think you have the iq to get the movie if that's what you saw.

Philosophy is not for you. Stick with tiktok.

• JFL
Reactions: Gonthar
No offence but I don't think you have the iq to get the movie if that's what you saw.

Philosophy is not for you. Stick with tiktok.
Lol, the movie was satire, over for your IQ if you actually take it seriously...

Lol, the movie was satire, over for your IQ if you actually take it seriously...

It wasn't satire you fucking tool.

Keep pretending you absolute fake. Look how long you've been rotting.

You're the type of square that thinks all man needs in this world is common sense. Hate tucking bsstsrd cunts like you. Fuck off you uninteresting useless insignificant loser

• JFL
It wasn't satire you fucking tool.

Keep pretending you absolute fake. Look how long you've been rotting.

You're the type of square that thinks all man needs in this world is common sense. Hate tucking bsstsrd cunts like you. Fuck off you uninteresting useless insignificant loser
Lol, why so angry?

Satire or extremes to paint a picture?

Lol, why so angry?

Becsue you're dismissing an all time classic through being too lazy to think

Not the man I'd ever associate with fuck off

• JFL
Becsue you're dismissing an all time classic through being too lazy to think

Not the man I'd ever associate with fuck off
Lol, it's still satire, if you consider it a classic, that's good for you...:feelsokman:

Lol, it's still satire, if you consider it a classic, that's good for you...:feelsokman:

What is satire built on? The absurdity of reality. Humour is funny because it's true. Using satire (Extremes) to emphasise reality is literally an art form. This is philosophy. You think much of this movie doesn't play out in reality in several many ways, then you're a moron.

• JFL

There is also new giants case of obo and you can find it here

Last edited:
It's just the writer's point of view

It's just the writer's point of view

Which is universally proven in day to day world life.

So pretty accurate if you ask me. For almost most people.

Comparing my self to where I was 2 years is a night and difference so self improvement is not cope

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro