what happens if scientist find out that being lazy is genetical determined?

imuglymomadmitit

imuglymomadmitit

Banned
what if motivation is just another biochemical process in our brain where we have little influence on?

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 1100, Mansnob, Deleted member 2227 and 4 others
what if motivation is just another biochemical process in our brain where we have little influence on?
Then they'll leave us alone so we can be lazy and sit around while they are banging prime girls and editing their kid's genes to be gigachads.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1100, Arkantos, Mansnob and 3 others
that iq is pretty much genetical determined is widly accepted but im pretty sure the same applies to traits like discipline, motivation, concentration to a certain degree too

• +1
Reactions: DidntRead, Mansnob, LordNorwood and 4 others
that iq is pretty much genetical determined is widly accepted but im pretty sure the same applies to traits like discipline, motivation, concentration to a certain degree too
How much do you think it would cost to edit your kid's genes? Serious question.

How much do you think it would cost to edit your kid's genes? Serious question.

i think there many many genes involved. changing eye color and eliminating balding genes is easier (my guess)

• +1
Reactions: Mansnob and Deleted member 3202
Conscientiousness is biologically determined

• +1
Reactions: Mansnob, Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 3043
Everything is genetics so they already now.

This is it. I always feared genetics. Can you imagine how hard it would be to accept that your life was set in stone the moment you were conceived? Your looks, your IQ, and even your personality is heavily determined by genetics. Most of our life is out of our control, and we don't even know it

• +1
Reactions: beyourself, Mansnob and Deleted member 3202
It isn't genetic

• +1
Reactions: Mansnob and Deleted member 685
It isn't genetic
depends on the cause, if you are lazy because you have depression it could be genetic... but otherwise probably not

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
It isn't genetic

"How brains of doers differ from those of procrastinators
it found that the amygdala - an almond-shaped structure in the temporal (side) lobe which processes our emotions and controls our motivation - was larger in procrastinators."

"Human amygdala volume is predicted by common DNA variation in the stathmin and serotonin transporter genes“

imagine what we will find out if we keep diggin deeper

• Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Mansnob and Deleted member 2227
"How brains of doers differ from those of procrastinators
it found that the amygdala - an almond-shaped structure in the temporal (side) lobe which processes our emotions and controls our motivation - was larger in procrastinators."

"Human amygdala volume is predicted by common DNA variation in the stathmin and serotonin transporter genes“

imagine what we will find out if we keep diggin deeper
lack of motivation isn't the necessarily the same thing as procrastination

• +1
Reactions: Mansnob
lack of motivation isn't the necessarily the same thing as procrastination

yes but you get the point. thats why i wrote if we keep digging.

or did you expect that behavior characteristics like procrastination is determined by genetics?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
You can change your brain more than anything else

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
I am the laziest motherfucker when I am working for someone else, though I am very conscientious for myself.
What explains the turning point in individuals' lives, both for the worst and the best?
Realistically, it probably falls between the difficulty of general hygeine max and skin max, and certainly isn't sealed by fate. Tolerance is built over time, and what you might perceive as being insufferable in the pursuit of a diligent lifestyle, is really just low xp.
If you have convinced yourself there is no hope, you are not blackpilled, you're mentally ill.
But jfl if psl 2 kys.

• JFL
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer and Alt Number 3
Iq is genetial, being able to work 70hours a work is genetical. Sheer power of will can get you far along with drugs but they will always be people who have more resources, iq have more friends. What are you gonna do about it? LDAR or get yourself in right shape of mind? Stop being a pussy and try to be better each day. Goal at first wont be big but its better than nothing.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
I’m not sure if it’s genetic but people are definitely born that way or they aren’t. It’s engrained from birth.

But you still can have a lazy family member and a non lazy one.

It is genetic + environment

Shit like this is just cope. Intelligence has been estimated to be about 78% genetic and last I heard we were beginning to isolate specific genes that play into it and even starting to understanding what a couple of the genes actually achieve mechanically speaking. Everyone is super scared to admit that its genetic even though deep down we all know it is, because everyone fears the consequences of no longer being able to plausibly deny that its genetic. We all know the race realism pill is right around the corner along with the determinism and eugenics pills, so we collectively play dumb and act like we don't know certain ethnicities are smarter or dumber than others or that intelligence clearly runs in families.

• +1
Reactions: wellthatsucks and Deleted member 2621
Shit like this is just cope. Intelligence has been estimated to be about 78% genetic and last I heard we were beginning to isolate specific genes that play into it and even starting to understanding what a couple of the genes actually achieve mechanically speaking. Everyone is super scared to admit that its genetic even though deep down we all know it is, because everyone fears the consequences of no longer being able to plausibly deny that its genetic. We all know the race realism pill is right around the corner along with the determinism and eugenics pills, so we collectively play dumb and act like we don't know certain ethnicities are smarter or dumber than others or that intelligence clearly runs in families.
those ethnicities might as well be less intelligent because of their upbringing. Think about the average life of someone in the fucking congo, he is not going to spend his life challenging his brain and reading books, he has literally no access to education. My take is, the more you challenge your brain, raise IGF-1 and work on hrs, the higher is your neuroplasticity. If you then pop shrooms once in a while, you can basically build your brain from scratch after some years of hard work. The theory about genetics being this important is a misunderstanding in my humble opinion, because they did a lot of studies within families, but the reason why the iq is similar within one family is arguably not because of genes, but because of similar upbringing :)

• +1
Reactions: XXX22 and LordNorwood
I agree with everything accept determinism and eugenics pill.
those ethnicities might as well be less intelligent because of their upbringing. Think about the average life of someone in the fucking congo, he is not going to spend his life challenging his brain and reading books, he has literally no access to education. My take is, the more you challenge your brain, raise IGF-1 and work on hrs, the higher is your neuroplasticity. If you then pop shrooms once in a while, you can basically build your brain from scratch after some years of hard work. The theory about genetics being this important is a misunderstanding in my humble opinion, because they did a lot of studies within families, but the reason why the iq is similar within one family is arguably not because of genes, but because of similar upbringing :)
Currently their iq is lower than it should be due to the shit circumstances but when removing shit circumstances they are lower than other races.

• +1
You're right but only to a certain point. You're right only in the sense that we must remove cultural and environmental bias when dealing with studies like this, but you're wrong in that when we actually remove this bias, we only see IQ differences to be further reinforced.
Kids who are adopted tend to have IQ similar to their biological parents, not their adoptive parents.
Second generation immigrants tend to have higher IQ than first generation immigrants (cultural differences) but those IQ levels still tend to cluster in ethnic groups. Its long been known that East Asian and Ashkenazi Jews tend to have the highest IQs. Below them are the rest of the Caucasoids (in reference to Jews, not EAs, who are not Caucasoids) who are further subtly stratified no doubt. Slightly below them are Hispanics. Then Africans.
I'd like to believe what you're saying but I've never come across a single case where IQ was successfully dramatically increased. If you know of one, please share it because I would unironically love to see it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621 and hebbewem
You're right but only to a certain point. You're right only in the sense that we must remove cultural and environmental bias when dealing with studies like this, but you're wrong in that when we actually remove this bias, we only see IQ differences to be further reinforced.
Kids who are adopted tend to have IQ similar to their biological parents, not their adoptive parents.
Second generation immigrants tend to have higher IQ than first generation immigrants (cultural differences) but those IQ levels still tend to cluster in ethnic groups. Its long been known that East Asian and Ashkenazi Jews tend to have the highest IQs. Below them are the rest of the Caucasoids (in reference to Jews, not EAs, who are not Caucasoids) who are further subtly stratified no doubt. Slightly below them are Hispanics. Then Africans.
I'd like to believe what you're saying but I've never come across a single case where IQ was successfully dramatically increased. If you know of one, please share it because I would unironically love to see it.
I think its hard to discuss, since not only the matter itself needs evidence, but also the definition of iq. For me iq is the number of braincells, which correlates to many classic symptoms of high iq. This can be changed, even though some of it is genetically predetermined.

• +1
Reactions: Mayorga and LordNorwood
Op always remember my words: you are a faggot

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: HighIQcel, vHenri, Deleted member 2227 and 1 other person
I think its hard to discuss, since not only the matter itself needs evidence, but also the definition of iq. For me iq is the number of braincells, which correlates to many classic symptoms of high iq. This can be changed, even though some of it is genetically predetermined.
I kinda see what you're saying. My immediate answer is that the definition of IQ is simple - its the measure of how well you do on IQ tests compared to the rest of the population. But what you're really asking for is what does it actually measure biomechanically in terms of how the brain actually works. In that sense I don't know, but I would be super hesitant to pin it down to just one variable, like "amount of braincells". I had a friend who said that he thought it was "processing power". Neither is correct imo. A shitload of different things probably play into IQ just like a shitload of things play into intelligence which is part of what makes it so hard to define. We know the following though:
1. IQ is the single best measure of intelligence that we have found so far. (although I'm sure better measures exist)
2. IQ seems set in stone, in terms that we have found no way to dramatically raise IQ. Indeed, this is part of its purpose and it signifies that its doing its job well, as IQ is supposed to measure intelligence rather than knowledge, and intelligence is intrinsic, not something you can "get better" at.
I think that a significant IQ boost would require significant alterations to the actual structure of your brain that are almost certainly unachievable without biological engineering.
Where I do come into agreement with you is that you can learn to better express the IQ you already possess through education and focus though.

• +1
Reactions: Dogs and Deleted member 2621
I kinda see what you're saying. My immediate answer is that the definition of IQ is simple - its the measure of how well you do on IQ tests compared to the rest of the population. But what you're really asking for is what does it actually measure biomechanically in terms of how the brain actually works. In that sense I don't know, but I would be super hesitant to pin it down to just one variable, like "amount of braincells". I had a friend who said that he thought it was "processing power". Neither is correct imo. A shitload of different things probably play into IQ just like a shitload of things play into intelligence which is part of what makes it so hard to define. We know the following though:
1. IQ is the single best measure of intelligence that we have found so far. (although I'm sure better measures exist)
2. IQ seems set in stone, in terms that we have found no way to dramatically raise IQ. Indeed, this is part of its purpose and it signifies that its doing its job well, as IQ is supposed to measure intelligence rather than knowledge, and intelligence is intrinsic, not something you can "get better" at.
I think that a significant IQ boost would require significant alterations to the actual structure of your brain that are almost certainly unachievable without biological engineering.
Where I do come into agreement with you is that you can learn to better express the IQ you already possess through education and focus though.
Honest question, what would you estimate your iq yourself?

• +1
Honest question, what would you estimate your iq yourself?
I've had it tested (not by a psychologist, except as a kid) a couple times and I'm in the 130-140 range. I have "excellent chances" to get into Mensa according to the official prep test material from these cucks which I've done out of ego-stroking JFL and whenever I've taken an IQ test it always puts me there. I was also put into a Gifted program as a kid which means that when they gave me the test when I was younger I scored above 130. I would be surprised if I was either below 130 or above 140 based on my own personal experiences too. I'm definitely not a true genius but I'm also much smarter than average. It is what it is.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 2621
I've had it tested (not by a psychologist, except as a kid) a couple times and I'm in the 130-140 range. I have "excellent chances" to get into Mensa according to the official prep test material from these cucks which I've done out of ego-stroking JFL and whenever I've taken an IQ test it always puts me there. I was also put into a Gifted program as a kid which means that when they gave me the test when I was younger I scored above 130. I would be surprised if I was either below 130 or above 140 based on my own personal experiences too. I'm definitely not a true genius but I'm also much smarter than average. It is what it is.
Not bad. Tbh, I dont think Im high IQ, I was born as a daydreaming idiot with no self control. But I worked a lot on neurological ideas supposed to help my brain and it feels way better. Tbh brain > looks

• +1
Not bad. Tbh, I dont think Im high IQ, I was born as a daydreaming idiot with no self control. But I worked a lot on neurological ideas supposed to help my brain and it feels way better. Tbh brain > looks
You might be surprised bro. High IQ doesn't immediately translate to success or good habits, especially when you get above "normie smart" (I would say 120+). I can't really try and guesstimate it from conversations but if you're curious it might be worth checking out. Also feel free to not give a shit about it I feel like most people shouldn't really care what their IQ is.
For fun, my thoughts on are that the most insufferable people are people in the 110-120 range, these are the people who think they're really smart but are actually complete fucking morons. 120+ is imo when you actually start getting kinda smart. 130+ is smart enough to know how much of a fucking dumbass you are. 150+ is imo when true genius starts.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656 and Deleted member 2621
You might be surprised bro. High IQ doesn't immediately translate to success or good habits, especially when you get above "normie smart" (I would say 120+). I can't really try and guesstimate it from conversations but if you're curious it might be worth checking out. Also feel free to not give a shit about it I feel like most people shouldn't really care what their IQ is.
For fun, my thoughts on are that the most insufferable people are people in the 110-120 range, these are the people who think they're really smart but are actually complete fucking morons. 120+ is imo when you actually start getting kinda smart. 130+ is smart enough to know how much of a fucking dumbass you are. 150+ is imo when true genius starts.
Lol I knew a guy who was at 63. Also, assuming IQ is genetic, Im not above 90

• +1
Lol I knew a guy who was at 63. Also, assuming IQ is genetic, Im not above 90
I kinda doubt that tbh being below 90 is noticeably stupid. 63 is unreal. Do you know for sure that your parents/family are low IQ? Sometimes it can surprise people who actually IQmogs and who doesn't, because normies tend to have this heuristic of successful = smart, which kind of falls apart at higher IQ levels.

i think there many many genes involved. changing eye color and eliminating balding genes is easier (my guess)

Lmao science in general doesn't give a fuck about balding. It's still seen as a "minor inconvience" and unless it's classification is changed to a psychological issue (which in this day and age, it fucking should) it's not going to get any coverage by insurance ($$). The day that changes I'm sure we'd have an actual cure in the next decade. But "be a man bro, just shave it bro".

I know some companies and their investors do, but they invest shitloads, so anything that works is going to cost you a fortune. How is a permanent solution going to profit them anyway.

I scored 129, you IQ mog me, lol. But in all seriousness, I don't really think I'm that smart, wonder how accurate those tests really are.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621, LordNorwood and Deleted member 2227
Government would invent something called welfare .... oh yeah we already have it

Wait so if they put you in gifted classes it means you got an iq of 130+ as a kid? Where do you live?

• +1
I scored 129, you IQ mog me, lol. But in all seriousness, I don't really think I'm that smart, wonder how accurate those tests really are.
It really depends on the test. Most are trash. If you want an accurate estimate of your IQ on your own without shelling out to a shrink then get tests from an official source. That's why when I went through my "what is my IQ phase" I was grabbing Mensa tests and not "whatismyiq.com" type shit.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202 and Deleted member 2227
It really depends on the test. Most are trash. If you want an accurate estimate of your IQ on your own without shelling out to a shrink then get tests from an official source. That's why when I went through my "what is my IQ phase" I was grabbing Mensa tests and not "whatismyiq.com" type shit.

You are High IQ asf, I can see this by your replies...

• JFL
Wait so if they put you in gifted classes it means you got an iq of 130+ as a kid? Where do you live?
Well I don't know for sure if being put in a gifted program automatically means you are above 130. But, being above 130 puts you in the "gifted" category in terms of intelligence, which I remember they told me I was as a kid. I remember taking a test in the staff offices of my elementary school and then the next day being separated from the other kids to do advanced work.
Edit: also I live in the Midwest
You are High IQ asf, I can see this by your replies...
You guys better stop or I'm gonna blush JFL

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202 and Deleted member 2227
Well I don't know for sure if being put in a gifted program automatically means you are above 130. But, being above 130 puts you in the "gifted" category in terms of intelligence, which I remember they told me I was as a kid. I remember taking a test in the staff offices of my elementary school and then the next day being separated from the other kids to do advanced work.
Edit: also I live in the Midwest

You guys better stop or I'm gonna blush JFL
At my school we all took a test in the auditorium in first grade. My mom told me a few years ago that apparently I did really good on that test and she thought that there was a mistake.

I was put in gifted classes since whatever grade they start at.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and LordNorwood
At my school we all took a test in the auditorium in first grade. My mom told me a few years ago that apparently I did really good on that test and she thought that there was a mistake.

I was put in gifted classes since whatever grade they start at.
You're undoubtedly high IQ then. If you're curious exactly how high, take a test.

You're undoubtedly high IQ then. If you're curious exactly how high, take a test.
I got a 97 (percentile) on the asvap which is decent it's highly correlated with iq. But yeah I got good chance to pass mensa on their shitty 20 minute test whenever I took it.

I got a 97 (percentile) on the asvap which is decent it's highly correlated with iq. But yeah I got good chance to pass mensa on their shitty 20 minute test whenever I took it.
Asvab actually correlates well with IQ. From a table I just pulled up, 93-99 percentile puts you in the 124+ range. Wouldn't be surprised if you were two standard deviations above the mean.

• +1
Reactions: Dogs and Deleted member 2227
Asvab actually correlates well with IQ. From a table I just pulled up, 93-99 percentile puts you in the 124+ range. Wouldn't be surprised if you were two standard deviations above the mean.
It's the highest correlated test to SB that is not actually the SB test at .81 I think. Makes sense because we're putting billions upon billions of dollars into the armed forces, they want to know wtf your iq is.

• +1
It's the highest correlated test to SB that is not actually the SB test at .81 I think. Makes sense because we're putting billions upon billions of dollars into the armed forces, they want to know wtf your iq is.
Yeah no kidding. I'm pretty sure 85 is the cutoff for even being allowed into the military IIRC.
Edit: which is ironically enough actually one of the best uses of IQ because while there's some criticism that IQ begins to fall apart at the top, i.e. once you get above a certain level (idk where but probably above 120 at least) it gets hard to know for sure who's smarter than who, but everyone agrees that IQ is really, really good at telling you who's stupid.

Yeah no kidding. I'm pretty sure 85 is the cutoff for even being allowed into the military IIRC.
It's around 36 on the asvap that they don't accept you anymore. And for the score that you get you're only allow to do jobs at or lower than iq requirements.

• +1
It's around 36 on the asvap that they don't accept you anymore. And for the score that you get you're only allow to do jobs at or lower than iq requirements.
Damn they really do take it seriously.

• +1
Reactions: Dogs
Damn they really do take it seriously.
And they have other parts of the test where they basically ask mechanical and other types of questions to see where your interests are and you need to hit some of those on top of base iq, to do those jobs. I think once you hit the 93+ your iq is sufficient for any job.

• +1