What is a midface?

R

rteme

Master
Can someone please explain to me what a midface is? I had an overjet and my ortho seemed to have brought down my upper teeth and my lips. So when I measure my midface before and after it worse because the lip is brought down.

Does my lips being moved down mean my whole midface has been moved down or just my lips?

Is the upper lips meant to be an estimation or is that what a midface is? Does that mean brighter upper lips lower midface?

My midface is .95 from 4-5 feet away is that my true ratio or is it .92-3 when I take a selfie?

Area between eyes and lips

This.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Fiqh and Deleted member 31020
Does that mean lip filler on top lip make the midface more compact?
Not really because the most important part of the midface is nose. Also getting lip lift or Filler won't make your entire mouth sit higher. Its all about balance anyway.

Not really because the most important part of the midface is nose. Also getting lip lift or Filler won't make your entire mouth sit higher. Its all about balance anyway.
My mouth hasn’t moved only my upper lip so is my midface the same?

Red = midface
Blue = middle third

Use FHWR if you wanna how short or long the area of you midface + middle third is. Midface ratio gives you an idea but IPD influences it for the most part and what you should be more worried in that case is how wide your face is compared to its length. The distance between eyebrows to pupils can make your perceived midface length different than what it really is too.

Total FWHR is useful if you wanna know how your whole face looks too

View attachment 2431581

Red = midface
Blue = middle third

Use FHWR if you wanna how short or long the area of you midface + middle third is. Midface ratio gives you an idea but IPD influences it for the most part and what you should be more worried in that case is how wide your face is compared to its length. The distance between eyebrows to pupils can make your perceived midface length different than what it really is too.

Total FWHR is useful if you wanna know how your whole face looks too
Over for this guy + I have discovered ratios are cope

Over for this guy + I have discovered ratios are cope
How are they cope you fucking moron. Sure, if you are good looking you know it and if you are not good looking you too know it. But if you wanna improve your looks (you are literally on looksmax.org) then knowing your ratios is obviously useful to know what you should do with your face jfl.

What's up with this site? Is everyone here that retarded? Holy fuck I'm genuinely impressed with the replies I've been getting today

How are they cope you fucking moron. Sure, if you are good looking you know it and if you are not good looking you too know it. But if you wanna improve your looks (you are literally on looksmax.org) then knowing your ratios is obviously useful to know what you should do with your face jfl.

What's up with this site? Is everyone here that retarded? Holy fuck I'm genuinely impressed with the replies I've been getting today
My ratio is changing between .97 to .9 depending on lens distortion and lighting tell me how that’s not cope. So one picture am horse other am a human, and photos from 6ft+ my face is more compact than 1.15than Jordan Barrett

My ratio is changing between .97 to .9 depending on lens distortion and lighting tell me how that’s not cope. So one picture am horse other am a human, and photos from 6ft+ my face is more compact than 1.15than Jordan Barrett
Well, you just proved yourself once again to be a retard.

If it's because of lens distortion, then most of the measurements are wrong and only one is right, and you are just stupid to figure out what camera lens gives you the most realistic measurement.

So next time you could figure that out rather than claiming ratios are cope with absolutely no reason to do so.

• JFL
Reactions: rteme
Well, you just proved yourself once again to be a retard.

If it's because of lens distortion, then most of the measurements are wrong and only one is right, and you are just stupid to figure out what camera lens gives you the most realistic measurement.

So next time you could figure that out rather than claiming ratios are cope with absolutely no reason to do so.
If you read my text and not commented like an autis you would have seen me asking how to know what the right picture is
My midface is .95 from 4-5 feet away is that my true ratio or is it .92-3 when I take a selfie?
I guess people in these forum just want to talk out of their ass and not read

If you read my text and not commented like an autis you would have seen me asking how to know what the right picture is

I guess people in these forum just want to talk out of their ass and not read
Yeah I dnrd your schizo ramblings. Sorry