For skin: exfoliate too.

Fastest way to see a difference.

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, Saturn, Cope and 2 others
read to benignice guide

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416
Is there a permanent way?
Think of how skin and hair works, you're constantly getting new growth. One treatment or product application isn't going to change anything permanently.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416
Think of how skin and hair works, you're constantly getting new growth. One treatment or product application isn't going to change anything permanently.
I mean with pills maybe

I mean with pills maybe
You know that wouldn't be permanent either, right?

Either way, supplements aren't my wheelhouse so I'll let someone else take this one.

difference ?
Generally speaking, hydration=water, moisturisation=oil. It's not quite that cut and dry, but if you're dehydrated, get water into your skin, if you're dry, emollients are your friend.

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos| and Deleted member 3990
This guy posts the lowest effort threads, it's like he's never heard of the Search function. Or Google.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: stuckneworleans, Deleted member 4416, RichardSpencel and 1 other person
This guy posts the lowest effort threads, it's like he's never heard of the Search function. Or Google.

Wanna cry boy?
Others can learn from this too so..

Generally speaking, hydration=water, moisturisation=oil. It's not quite that cut and dry, but if you're dehydrated, get water into your skin, if you're dry, emollients are your friend.

I thought it was hydration=water aka hyaluronic acid and moisturisation=occlusion aka vaseline.

Supplement collagen peptides and get your androgens up

• +1
Reactions: Cope
I thought it was hydration=water aka hyaluronic acid and moisturisation=occlusion aka vaseline.
Kind of. Hyaluronic acid is a humectant so because of that it does increase hydration. Occlusives like vaseline a moisturise slightly, but theres better options out there.

Drink 2 liters of water daily, exfoliate twice a week, eat lean meats, fruits and vegetables. No BS like beans and rice, IPL Lasering, CO2 Lasering once or twice a year, Black FaceMask twice a week, sun gazing, dry fasting atleast 24 hours (1 full day) a week, moisturize every day and night. Sleeping 8+ Hours a day, staying away from shit foods and especially sugar, carrot and celery juice every day. There’s a collagenMaxxing thread somewhere here, try using their tips in conjunct with mine

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, stuckneworleans, PenileFacialSurgery and 3 others
Drink 2 liters of water daily, exfoliate twice a week, eat lean meats, fruits and vegetables. No BS like beans and rice, IPL Lasering, CO2 Lasering once or twice a year, Black FaceMask twice a week, sun gazing, dry fasting atleast 24 hours (1 full day) a week, moisturize every day and night. Sleeping 8+ Hours a day, staying away from shit foods and especially sugar, carrot and celery juice every day. There’s a collagenMaxxing thread somewhere here, try using their tips in conjunct with mine
Do you have experience with co2 Laser?

What's the best way to tell if your skin is either dehydrated or dry?

Try MSM

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and noped
What's the best way to tell if your skin is either dehydrated or dry?
In general, think of dry skin as a skin type, whereas dehydrated skin is a skin condition that can happen to anyone.

Dry skin:
Small pores
Might be rough and/or flaky
Easily irritated and can be bothered by using certain products
Dull
Feels like its about 2 sizes too small for your body
More likely to have fine lines and wrinkles

Dehydrated skin:
Pores can be big or small
Usually absorbs products really really quickly
More grey and ashy
Might feel dry and tight but at the same time have oily patches

Honestly, I'd put money on the fact that the vast majority of people have dehydrated skin. My general advice would be unless you know otherwise, treat it like you're dehydrated.

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, Mayorga and Wannabe6ft2
  • +1
Reactions: lasthope
In general, think of dry skin as a skin type, whereas dehydrated skin is a skin condition that can happen to anyone.

Dry skin:
Small pores
Might be rough and/or flaky
Easily irritated and can be bothered by using certain products
Dull
Feels like its about 2 sizes too small for your body
More likely to have fine lines and wrinkles

Dehydrated skin:
Pores can be big or small
Usually absorbs products really really quickly
More grey and ashy
Might feel dry and tight but at the same time have oily patches

Honestly, I'd put money on the fact that the vast majority of people have dehydrated skin. My general advice would be unless you know otherwise, treat it like you're dehydrated.
I don't think I have any of these? Is it safe to say I have a normal skin type?

I don't think I have any of these? Is it safe to say I have a normal skin type?
Your skin is likely slightly dehydrated- purely because almost everyone's is to some extent. But yeah, if there is nothing "notable" about your skin, then its probably normal.

• +1
Reactions: Wannabe6ft2
Your skin is likely slightly dehydrated- purely because almost everyone's is to some extent. But yeah, if there is nothing "notable" about your skin, then its probably normal.
I have a tonne of skin care products that I rotate and lather on daily. My skin used to be some of the worst you could get. Now I just have to get rid of my atrophic scars and it will be pretty much perfect.

What do you think of water consumption making a notable difference? Is it cope?

What do you think of water consumption making a notable difference? Is it cope?
Its looking like drinking ridiculous amounts of water is going to do fuck all for your skin, yeah. Topical hydration is much more likely to make a difference when it comes to skin hydration.

Mine is dehydrated for sure. A humectant is enough to treat it, right?

Could you recommend me one?

take beta carotene and niacin, biotin

• +1
Reactions: magnificentcel and PenileFacialSurgery
Mine is dehydrated for sure. A humectant is enough to treat it, right?

Could you recommend me one?
Recommend a humectant or a specific product?

Recommend a humectant or a specific product?
Recommend me the best product to treat dehydrated skin, if it's humectant, then recommend me one.

Recommend me the best product to treat dehydrated skin, if it's humectant, then recommend me one.
Products containing humectants are your best bet to treat dehydration, yes. Your go-to ingredients are going to be glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and urea. There is a ton of others but those three are going to be the easiest to find.

Products containing humectants are your best bet to treat dehydration, yes. Your go-to ingredients are going to be glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and urea. There is a ton of others but those three are going to be the easiest to find.
I can apply glycerin directly to my skin, right? No dilutions needed?

Eat raw meat

I can apply glycerin directly to my skin, right? No dilutions needed?
I mean you can. Your skin is going to feel like a fucking glue trap but yeah, you can.

• +1
Reactions: Ethnicsmatter
I mean you can. Your skin is going to feel like a fucking glue trap but yeah, you can.
What would you recommend as a humectant that won't give you that "stick"?

Would aquaphor every night work?

What would you recommend as a humectant that won't give you that "stick"?

Would aquaphor every night work?
A lot of humectants are going to give you some stickiness. A product that contains glycerin or a multi molecular hyaluronic acid is likely your best bet.
Aquaphor isn't a humectant, it works as an occlusive and emollient.

• +1
A lot of humectants are going to give you some stickiness. A product that contains glycerin or a multi molecular hyaluronic acid is likely your best bet.
Aquaphor isn't a humectant, it works as an occlusive and emollient.

Would this work?

Would this work?
Again, that's going to be more of an emollient than straight hydration but there is some glycerin in there so it likely will hydrate a little.

• +1
Again, that's going to be more of an emollient than straight hydration but there is some glycerin in there so it likely will hydrate a little.
Could you link some products? I'm not really sure what to look for for something that isn't just straight Glycerin.

Could you link some products? I'm not really sure what to look for for something that isn't just straight Glycerin.
DM me because I feel shitty for hijacking another person's thread. But other than that, have you seen the guide that I wrote?

• +1
DM me because I feel shitty for hijacking another person's thread. But other than that, have you seen the guide that I wrote?
I just read the guide again--probably should have done that before.

I think I'll get this. Thanks for the help, much appreciated!