Why do some people just diffuse thin all over while still retaining a nw1 hairline???

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
I mean the front follicles are the weakest same for the crown, then why do people like my grandfather have a nw1 at 75yo but like only 25% of the hair, his scalp is completely seen, but he somehow manages to have a nw1. How the fuck is this possible. Imo this look much better then noorwooding tho, it doesn't give the bald feeling, like i legit sometimes forget that he is technically bald because of his nw1 giving off illusion.

Is diffuse thinning like this better and responds to fin better or worse? Or minox?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Acnno, Chadeep and 4 others
My dad is nw1 with balding on the crown

• +1
Reactions: Erik-Hexum, Chadeep, Deleted member 7044 and 1 other person
I have this pattern. :feelswhy:

It sucks because surgeons can't place grafts between your existing hairs, so you either have to take Finasteride or wait until you go bald and get a transplant at a much older age.

It's better to have thick hair and recede to a NW3 young so the regions are completely bald and you can get a transplant sooner.

• +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, Slob, Chadeep and 4 others
That’s me lol. It’s sucks cause it’s the most difficult to transplant but it’s the most responsive to medication. Literally everything works on me. Fin, minis, Ru. Too bad maintenance drugs give me sides :feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: Slob, Chadeep, Elvisandreaa and 2 others
I’m living this

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
bump

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
I have this pattern. :feelswhy:

It sucks because surgeons can't place grafts between your existing hairs, so you either have to take Finasteride or wait until you go bald and get a transplant at a much older age.

It's better to have thick hair and recede to a NW3 young so the regions are completely bald and you can get a transplant sooner.
you cant get transplants to help with thinning hair:ogre:

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: randomvanish, Jason Voorhees and volcelfatcel
you cant get transplants to help with thinning hair:ogre:
I assume if you diffuse thin, it's probably way way way easier to keep hair if you start fin early.

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444, Edgar, Jason Voorhees and 1 other person
My dad has this too he has a better hairline than me and he's 60 his hair is just thin

• +1
Reactions: Edgar, Jason Voorhees, Deleted member 13137 and 1 other person
I assume if you diffuse thin, it's probably way way way easier to keep hair if you start fin early.
ye I had death tier density when I started tho:feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and volcelfatcel
Diffuse thinning = metabolic / thyroid dysfunction

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 7926, Dainslief, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 1 other person
will a standard test at a trichologist diagnose this?

Are you getting adequate selenium and iodine in your diet? If not that can cause thyroid issues. It improved my hair a little when I corrected that. I was pretty low on those 2 due to not eating foods containing them hardly.

Some people just diffuse and bald at crown later in life for whatever reason also. A tight inflamed scalp can lead to it also.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
i have this diffuse thinning now maintaining my hair with fin but fuck diffuse thinning. i wish i had normal balding patterns.

not even able to get ht

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
i have this diffuse thinning now maintaining my hair with fin but fuck diffuse thinning. i wish i had normal balding patterns.

not even able to get ht
normies can't necessarily notice it if you keep your hair short

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
normies can't necessarily notice it if you keep your hair short
no it looks great now thanks to fin, it looks thick (to normies especially) because of my wavy hair.

• +1
Reactions: LooksJourney and Deleted member 9670
yeah it's either dupa or retrograde alopecia . My dad's hair is very sparse but still nw 1.5 . I hope I got mothers side hair genetics. Even heard finasteride/dutasteride can't help dupa and retrograde alopecia.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Lawton88 and TsarTsar444
yeah it's either dupa or retrograde alopecia . My dad's hair is very sparse but still nw 1.5 . I hope I got mothers side hair genetics. Even heard finasteride/dutasteride can't help dupa and retrograde alopecia.
Huh? Why couldn't it help it?

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
I don't have credible sources but read it on tressless subreddit and hair loss talk forum.
Its over then cause thats my balding patern

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Lawton88
Crap. Hope that isn't my fate as I am thinning some but with NW 1.5 and thinning at crown. Getting some results from dermarolling so far.

Edit: Looking at the definitions I guess I am just diffused pattern loss as retrograde and DUPA are when you lose hair in the spots not associated with MPB apparently.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
thinning is more of a health issue I reckon

Bumping thread.

I'm almost 26.

I have finally diagnosed diffuse thinning after doing a tricho test and several interventions (inflammation reduction treatment) due to covid shedding. The Covid shedding is over and my hair loss count is back to 10-20 hairs a day (after covid it was around 100).

Now i'm seeing miniturized hairs shedding from my head in a really slow speed with a classic diffuse thinning pattern - slow loss of density on top and sides.

Next month I will start mesotherapy with topical dut as the tricho doctor said I will respond best to it with minimal, if not, without side effects.

The tricho test I did said I won't respond great to fin so there is no need to hop on it. We will see what happens with dut.

I will do bloodwork befor, during and after therapy to see if the topical dut has sysytemic effect on DHT levels or it's only on the scalp.

It's so weird, I legit have almost -1 NW and still have some hairloss in the form of diffuse thinning.
I think that as long as you start early therpay you will respond better than the classic male pattern baldness.

It's a tricky hairloss patern since you need to be very vigilant to see it in its early stages and you need to react fast since you will have hard time if things progress further - no real hair transplant options so far.

I will make a detailed thread with the results after a few months of treatment!