Why Dont More People Get MSE Despite Its Various Benefits?

fentmaxxer289

fentmaxxer289

Iron
Ive heard MSE gives wider maxilla (duh), makes cheekbones more prominent and higher due to expansion, helps breathing, gives the mogger wide palate. so why arent people on this sub doing it. i have a slightly narrow palate (6 teeth smile), and i feel getting MSE with custom jaw implants can ascend me and almost anyone.
heres an example of the custom implant: click , his looks kinda unnatural because of his rhino, fillers etc. but i strongly believe this path has a relatively easier recovery compared to bimax

• JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, IndraBC and mvp2v1
Ive heard MSE gives wider maxilla (duh), makes cheekbones more prominent and higher due to expansion, helps breathing, gives the mogger wide palate. so why arent people on this sub doing it. i have a slightly narrow palate (6 teeth smile), and i feel getting MSE with custom jaw implants can ascend me and almost anyone.
heres an example of the custom implant: click , his looks kinda unnatural because of his rhino, fillers etc. but i strongly believe this path has a relatively easier recovery compared to bimax
Go out and find me 5 before and afters of people doing MSE. (6mm+) then post them here…

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, IndraBC, womanfearer and 1 other person

CLEARLY AS SEEN IN THE LAST IMAGE THERES A HUGE IMPROVEMENT IN THE PROMINENCE OF THE ZYGOS AND IMPROEVMENT OF EYE AREA

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Maalik, mvp2v1 and 1 other person
Look at the other ones tho. Especially the first guy
First one was MSE + msdo, second one looks frauded.

And the last one looks like a mild improvement. Just bc he looks more masculine and before he looks soyboy. But idk if it’s MSE same with the second example. All the examples I have ever seen of MSE look bad.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, callisto and IndraBC
First one was MSE + msdo, second one looks frauded.

And the last one looks like a mild improvement. Just bc he looks more masculine and before he looks soyboy. But idk if it’s MSE same with the second example. All the examples I have ever seen of MSE look bad.
what about the last one

• JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
can you get this without really needing it

I got MSE last year and the breathing benefits alone made it worth it. Aesthetically my smile is a lot better now but I had very narrow smile before. Also improved my eye area but it might be because of better sleep and head posture.

• +1
Reactions: Maalik
I got MSE last year and the breathing benefits alone made it worth it. Aesthetically my smile is a lot better now but I had very narrow smile before. Also improved my eye area but it might be because of better sleep and head posture.
what were the minor changes you noticed? im still scared to get due to the asymmetry issues with the appliance.

what were the minor changes you noticed? im still scared to get due to the asymmetry issues with the appliance.
Cheekbones got a little wider and I have less dark circles under my eyes, lips also looks better now. However there was definitely some asymmetry my right side expanded more and now my nose points a little to the right. Also fixing occlusion after expansion with invisalign is taking time even though I only expanded like 6mm and had crossbite before.

Cheekbones got a little wider and I have less dark circles under my eyes, lips also looks better now. However there was definitely some asymmetry my right side expanded more and now my nose points a little to the right. Also fixing occlusion after expansion with invisalign is taking time even though I only expanded like 6mm and had crossbite before.
did your nose get wider?

Can one patient get both MSE and bimax?

Also how is your midfacial fat?
I assume MSE should spread your fat more evenly along the midface, reducing signs of nasolabial sag.

How long will it take to fix your occlusion?

I have the widest palate in the world

Can one patient get both MSE and bimax?

Also how is your midfacial fat?
I assume MSE should spread your fat more evenly along the midface, reducing signs of nasolabial sag.
Yes you can get bimax after MSE. I will probably get it sometime in the future since MSE on its own doesn't help with forward growth.
I think your assumption is right about the fat spread thing I do notice some kind improvement and I look leaner despite gaining weight.

How long will it take to fix your occlusion?
about 18 months. Got to close the teeth gap, fix the tilted upper molars where the MSE was attached and upright the lower teeth to dentally widen the lower palate.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: LongForgotten and Maalik
Yes you can get bimax after MSE. I will probably get it sometime in the future since MSE on its own doesn't help with forward growth.
I think your assumption is right about the fat spread thing I do notice some kind improvement and I look leaner despite gaining weight.

about 18 months. Got to close the teeth gap, fix the tilted upper molars where the MSE was attached and upright the lower teeth to dentally widen the lower palate.
Would it still take that long if you just fixed the tooth rap? I'm probably not using dental attachments

Would it still take that long if you just fixed the tooth rap? I'm probably not using dental attachments

Also, how did you do anything to make sure the lower palate would still fit along? I want mse but will probably have to do MSDO along, as my bite is already good. You said you are uprighting the lower teeth, but os that really enough to make the occlusion proper again?

Also, how did you do anything to make sure the lower palate would still fit along? I want mse but will probably have to do MSDO along, as my bite is already good. You said you are uprighting the lower teeth, but os that really enough to make the occlusion proper again?
Closing the teeth gap takes about 3-4 months of invisalign. You still need to wait to at least 6 months after MSE for the bone to heal if you want to do bimax.
I think even if you already have good bite you can still achieve up to 6mm expansion with just lower teeth uprighting. Beyond that you'll probably need some kind of surgery like MSDO.

Closing the teeth gap takes about 3-4 months of invisalign. You still need to wait to at least 6 months after MSE for the bone to heal if you want to do bimax.
I think even if you already have good bite you can still achieve up to 6mm expansion with just lower teeth uprighting. Beyond that you'll probably need some kind of surgery like MSDO.
What if my lower teeth are already up properly?

do you know if you can get mse after bimax or is it better to get it before?

do you know if you can get mse after bimax or is it better to get it before?
It is possible to to do it after bimax but it will probably be harder with the plates from the surgery.