Why I will read Nietzsche.

HarrierDuBois

HarrierDuBois

Philosophizing...
I am a Christian. I wear a cross and proclaim to follow Jesus Christ. My faith however is hollow, only an abstraction of itself. If someone were to tell me "Explain why you're Christian" or "Rationalize your faith", I realized that I cannot do such a thing. I can not rationalize or argument for my faith, and by that extension I do not have any tangible faith. Saying one believes when one has no tangible deep faith is worse than not believing at all, because at least the second group is not lying to themselves.

Then I came to a conclusion, Friedrich Nietzsche is most likely the most intelligent denier of God and attacker of Christianity that has ever set foot on earth. So if I want to rationalize my faith, the best way to do so would be to stand eye to eye with the most intelligent opponent of the idea I desire to defend, by doing this I either lose and submit to his ideals (which would at least be tangible argumentative ideals), or when facing this man my brain is forced to develop tangible counterarguments and ideals defending and explaining why I do believe. I'm convinced the only way for me to find peace within the stability of my Christian faith is to go up against this iron man of its opposition. I either lose or I win, either way I will be able to know why I think the way I do.

Also @TechnoBoss which is the best order to read them in? I heard everyone agree that Thus Spoke Zarathustra is the final boss however.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: Albedo, Gonthar, UrGirlsMcm and 10 others
i wouldn’t waste the time

• +1
Reactions: Eternal_, Splinter901, JoshuaG and 2 others
Mirin self reflection

Yes, your inability to defend your Christianity is a lack of faith

However, although Nietzsche denies Christianity, his denial has more of an emphasis of promoting life and accumulation of strength, rather than an emphasis of arguments to deny christianity

You’ll find much better thinkers that deny Christianity than Nietzsche

• +1
Reactions: borismonster, ccwarrior, shabby890 and 4 others
Mirin self reflection

Yes, your inability to defend your Christianity is a lack of faith

However, although Nietzsche denies Christianity, his denial has more of an emphasis of promoting life and accumulation of strength, rather than an emphasis of arguments to deny christianity

You’ll find much better thinkers that deny Christianity than Nietzsche
Nietzsche still worth the read? I am still interested in 99% of his other ideas and philosophical conclusions as they seem extremely in line with how I aspire to achieve greatness. He is also an Ni-Te so we share the same impressionistic visual unconscious perception of the world with rational and efficient undertones.

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
Nietzsche still worth the read? I am still interested in 99% of his other ideas and philosophical conclusions as they seem extremely in line with how I aspie to achieve greatness.
I’ve spent years reading Nietzsche and he’s definitely worth reading

His magnum opus is ‘Thus Spoke Zarathustra’ which I created my own personal BlackPill rendition of in thread below

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, TechnoBoss, MarstonAlloy and 1 other person
Also Sprach Zarathustra can be read first, it's basically the most relevant intro to his ideas

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: TechnoBoss, HarrierDuBois and PROMETHEUS
I’ve spent years reading Nietzsche and he’s definitely worth reading

His magnum opus is ‘Thus Spoke Zarathustra’ which I created my own personal BlackPill rendition of in thread below

I feel a hunch-like magical draw to that book in particular, there is something unconsciously captivating about it, like it will tell me just what I have needed to hear to unlock my next big insight.

Agnosticism for the win

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates
Also Sprach Zarathustra can be read first, it's basically the most relevant intro to his ideas
I thought of doing it;
On The Geneology of Morals
The Gay Science
Beyond Good and Evil
The Twilight of the Idols and the Anti-Christ
Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Then throwing in the excerpt books "Why I Am So Wise" and "Man Alone With Himself" somewhere in the middle. Is that a good order?

• +1
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Blackout.xl, the MOUSE, neverchadlite and 3 others
Agnostics stand for nothing, it may seem appealing but remember that the Devil owns the fence.
All religions are man made and don’t make any sense at all. Agnostic atheism is the most rational one.

• +1
Reactions: the MOUSE, TechnoBoss and Deleted member 51781
Agnostics stand for nothing, it may seem appealing but remember that the Devil owns the fence.
Because it's impossible to say what is correct or not regarding higher powers or afterlife.

It is just impossible to know. Therefore you cannot prove or disprove any theory. Even though some might be more plausible than others.

Religion is simply brainwashing, very few people would get such ideas without getting manipulated into them.

• +1
Reactions: the MOUSE and moreroidsmoredates
I am a Christian. I wear a cross and proclaim to follow Jesus Christ. My faith however is hollow, only an abstraction of itself. If someone were to tell me "Explain why you're Christian" or "Rationalize your faith", I realized that I cannot do such a thing. I can not rationalize or argument for my faith, and by that extension I do not have any tangible faith. Saying one believes when one has no tangible deep faith is worse than not believing at all, because at least the second group is not lying to themselves.

Then I came to a conclusion, Friedrich Nietzsche is most likely the most intelligent denier of God and attacker of Christianity that has ever set foot on earth. So if I want to rationalize my faith, the best way to do so would be to stand eye to eye with the most intelligent opponent of the idea I desire to defend, by doing this I either lose and submit to his ideals (which would at least be tangible argumentative ideals), or when facing this man my brain is forced to develop tangible counterarguments and ideals defending and explaining why I do believe. I'm convinced the only way for me to find peace within the stability of my Christian faith is to go up against this iron man of its opposition. I either lose or I win, either way I will be able to know why I think the way I do.

Also @TechnoBoss which is the best order to read them in? I heard everyone agree that Thus Spoke Zarathustra is the final boss however.

He is definitely a hater of Christianity lol. Didn't seem to hate all religions the same though, which was interesting.

Starting with Genealogy of Morals is a good idea because it's easy to grasp and give a solid entry into Nietzsche's philosophy, similar to Gay Science. Genealogy of Morals continues the ideas presented in Beyond Good and Evil but simplifies and explains them a little more straightforward. After Genealogy of Morals, you can try reading Zarathustra. TGS, TSZ, and BGE are all linked.

Since a lot of people found Zarathustra hard to understand, he wrote BGE as a kind of alternative version. It goes back to Zarathustra's values and ideas but in a simpler way, using short statements instead of long speeches. Some people think that starting with Zara isn't the best, but I disagree. The order depends on how much you value a philosopher's development and life story.

Nietzsche usually writes in a straightforward manner, where one paragraph conveys one idea. While his books cover different main ideas, I think the order isn't as important as long as you have resources to understand the content.

• +1
Reactions: Lynxress, SidharthTheSlayer and HarrierDuBois
He is definitely a hater of Christianity lol. Didn't seem to hate all religions the same though, which was interesting.

Starting with Genealogy of Morals is a good idea because it's easy to grasp and give a solid entry into Nietzsche's philosophy, similar to Gay Science. Genealogy of Morals continues the ideas presented in Beyond Good and Evil but simplifies and explains them a little more straightforward. After Genealogy of Morals, you can try reading Zarathustra. TGS, TSZ, and BGE are all linked.

Since a lot of people found Zarathustra hard to understand, he wrote BGE as a kind of alternative version. It goes back to Zarathustra's values and ideas but in a simpler way, using short statements instead of long speeches. Some people think that starting with Zara isn't the best, but I disagree. The order depends on how much you value a philosopher's development and life story.

Nietzsche usually writes in a straightforward manner, where one paragraph conveys one idea. While his books cover different main ideas, I think the order isn't as important as long as you have resources to understand the content.
Do me a favour and just pin out your personal order on what you think from top to bottom.

Just believe in Christian Aryanism if you wanna be esoteric and edgy

• JFL
Reactions: Imretarded?
Do me a favour and just pin out your personal order on what you think from top to bottom.
Sure. Personally I read it like this, but don't think you can't read TSZ first or second.

-GM
-BGE
-Z
-EH

• +1
Reactions: Lynxress and HarrierDuBois
I read sartre

• JFL
Reactions: the MOUSE
Nietzsche is a fag.

He’s a reddit tier soyboy fag from the 1800’s. He’s a homosexual.

It’s not surprising he came from a single mum home

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Imretarded?, Blackout.xl, the MOUSE and 1 other person

I read thus spoke zarathustra first, its not a god denier, most people misunderstand it because they dont know the meaning behind the words, for example when zarathustra said to the saint that god was death he was referring that people stopped believing and they stopped having faith in god, most people are blashpeming against god, they are not traditional anymore

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and HarrierDuBois
Nietzsche is a fag.

Who is your favorite philosopher?

Nietzsche is a fag.

Nietzsche was an interesting character

The discrepancy between his ideal and his reality was certainly drastic

Perhaps the Ubermensch was a coping mechanism as an incel for the person he wish he could have been

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: <6PSLcel, Imretarded?, HarrierDuBois and 1 other person
Sure. Personally I read it like this, but don't think you can't read TSZ first or second.

-GM
-BGE
-Z
-EH
On The Geneaology of Morals
Beyond Good and Evil
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Ecce Homo

Where does The Gay Science, Twilight of The Idols, and Anti-Christ fit into it?

Nietzsche was an interesting character

The discrepancy between his ideal and his reality was certainly drastic

Perhaps the Ubermensch was a coping mechanism as an incel for the person he wish he could have been
A good example of the Unermensch could be Jesús Christ, some1 who ascended and follows traditional norms, some1 who understand whats beyond good and evil

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: PROMETHEUS and HarrierDuBois
Beyond Good and Evil
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Ecce Homo

Where does The Gay Science, Twilight of The Idols, and Anti-Christ fit into it?
You can read those pretty much right after reading GM and BGE.

So to make it nice for you:

Beyond Good and Evil
Gay Science
Anti Christ
Twilight of the Idols
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Ecce Homo

Would be my personal opinion.

• Love it
You can read those pretty much right after reading GM and BGE.

So to make it nice for you:

Beyond Good and Evil
Gay Science
Anti Christ
Twilight of the Idols
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Ecce Homo

Would be my personal opinion.
The book I have for Twilight and Anti are in the same, do I have to read them switched or can I do Twilight first? But thanks now I have an outline, I also have two short books; Why I Am So Wise and Man Alone With Himself. Where do they go?

The book I have for Twilight and Anti are in the same, do I have to read them switched or can I do Twilight first? But thanks now I have an outline, I also have two short books; Why I Am So Wise and Man Alone With Himself. Where do they go?
You can read them in really any order tbh. Anti and then Twilight, or vice versa.

I didn't actually get a chance to read those last two, so I can't really speak for where I think those should go.

• +1
You can read them in really any order tbh. Anti and then Twilight, or vice versa.

I didn't actually get a chance to read those last two, so I can't really speak for where I think those should go.
They are short excerpts, not his big ones. Thanks for the help though bhai, will read soon after finishing up The Idiot, by Dostoevsky.

• Love it
Reactions: TechnoBoss
The biggest incel philosopher is Nietzsche, a white knight with an oneitis problem who was uncomprehended for his way of thinking. He died as a virgin, brutal. Nietzsche thought being smart would be enough to attract a woman, he probably realized the blackpill later in life. It's surprising that not a single female reader wanted to be with him, maybe he has too attached to his oneitis who married his best friend and then got depressed.

Last edited:
  • JFL
They are short excerpts, not his big ones. Thanks for the help though bhai, will read soon after finishing up The Idiot, by Dostoevsky.
Of course thanks for the tag bro I like talking about books and philosophy sometimes.

How’s the read so far with ‘The Idiot’

• +1
Ooohh oooh i never thought that you are a retard

• JFL
Reactions: the MOUSE
Of course thanks for the tag bro I like talking about books and philosophy sometimes.

How’s the read so far with ‘The Idiot’
I like it. It's a bit more about social dynamics and intrigues which is less of my cup of tea than for example the psychological Crime and Punishment and the philosophical morally extensive Brother's Karamazov.

Like the guy in the vid says, Nietzsche firstly presupposes a high level of knowledge in his reader, and secondly is difficult to grasp on the first read. Several of his books require understanding of his previous books, you can't just jump into Thus Spoke Zarathustra, you won't understand it.

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
Christianity Is all about blind Faith in God.

• +1
Reactions: Manletmachine and the MOUSE
Like the guy in the vid says, Nietzsche firstly presupposes a high level of knowledge in his reader, and secondly is difficult to grasp on the first read. Several of his books require understanding of his previous books, you can't just jump into Thus Spoke Zarathustra, you won't understand it.

I am very abstract and visual internally so I have an easy time understanding his allegorical and symbolic language. Won't start with Thus Spoke Zarathustra though.

• JFL
Reactions: romanstock
You should post ur summary here after U read it, my dearest faggot @Manletmachine . Might end up on botb like fastbanaceo 48 laws power @Hardrada

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: HarrierDuBois and Manletmachine
You should post ur summary here after U read it, my dearest faggot @Manletmachine . Might end up on botb like fastbanaceo 48 laws power @Hardrada
Is it still in botb jfl? I find that thread so cringey to look back on.

Maby I shall redo it

Why not just read CS Lewis JFL

• +1
The intellectual elite in all of Europe have abondanded Christianity for hundreds of years

• JFL
I would start with The Twilight of the Idols
Nietzsche wanted it to be a intro for his major ideas

Bro takes Nietzsche seriously in 2024 😂😂😂

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine
kinda liked him until I read in the protocols of the elders of zion that he was just a puppet of the jews

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1
Might do it. Not sure the majority of .org will care or even comprehend it but maybe. Maybe I'll post it on Elysian Fields @Tabula Rasa.

Why not just read CS Lewis JFL
I have him on my list as well, will go through a lot of philosophers and authors. Recommend some good books if you have any.

The intellectual elite in all of Europe have abondanded Christianity for hundreds of years
There is no intellectual elite in Europe anymore tbh, not a singular good philosopher post mid 1900s.

What happened to him? I miss him tbh
I know you like Dostoevsky so this may be your ballpark of expertise bhai. Read Nietzsche?

• +1
Reactions: Tabula Rasa
Might do it. Not sure the majority of .org will care or even comprehend it but maybe. Maybe I'll post it on Elysian Fields @Tabula Rasa.

I have him on my list as well, will go through a lot of philosophers and authors. Recommend some good books if you have any.

There is no intellectual elite in Europe anymore tbh, not a singular good philosopher post mid 1900s.

I know you like Dostoevsky so this may be your ballpark of expertise bhai. Read Nietzsche?
I haven't read him because i don't have his books in physical form. Reading an E-book is much less interesting for me and my ADHD wins everytime at the end when the hyperfocus sizzles out. Even if i did get a physical book it needs to be in english so my parents don't understand whats it about

• JFL
dnrd, Nietzsche is a retarded monkey, im more intelligent than him

• JFL
I haven't read him because i don't have his books in physical form. Reading an E-book is much less interesting for me and my ADHD wins everytime at the end when the hyperfocus sizzles out. Even if i did get a physical book it needs to be in english so my parents don't understand whats it about
Jfl at what you said about your parents. Mine are just mirin me getting into philosophy.