Why is German not spoken at all in the Midwest at all despite it mostly being German descent?

yeeyeeslayer

yeeyeeslayer

Obito Uchiha maxxing
@Mr. President @Beastimmung @buflek

• +1
Reactions: Mr. President
This is because after the initial war, german stigma was already present but when they learned how to speak english they could not tell. They just gave up the language to not be discriminated against

• +1
Reactions: WeiWei, LooksThinker, fuxkdakikez and 1 other person
because they just claim that, in reality Angloid ancestry dominates everywhere

people claim German because they subconsciously consider Germans to be superior and wanna identify with them

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, fuxkdakikez, SensitiveYoungMan and 1 other person
I like German girls

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker and fuxkdakikez
because they just claim that, in reality Angloid ancestry dominates everywhere

people claim German because they subconsciously consider Germans to be superior and wanna identify with them
I use to live in Minnesota and that's far from true lmao, majority of white folks there defiantly have german descent

I use to live in Minnesota and that's far from true lmao, majority of white folks there defiantly have german descent
You can tell by looking at people whether they are more English/Scottish/Irish than they are German? :think:

You can tell by looking at people whether they are more English/Scottish/Irish than they are German? :think:
the phenotypes are pretty similar and most of them have a mix of all of all of the above ethnicities you mentioned anyways

• +1
Reactions: spark
nope, my parents were active in my community so I learned a lot about people in the greater district where I lived

This is because after the initial war, german stigma was already present but when they learned how to speak english they could not tell. They just gave up the language to not be discriminated against
brutal but it was proabably for the best anyways lol, would've been annoying/bad for social cohesion to have an entire massive chunk of the country (midwest) that the rest of anglophone america have a language barrier with/cant communicating with.

Midest would've been like the German Quebec in america JFL and they'd prolly be asking for independence lol

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Mr. President
German speakers got bullied in the early 20th century

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker
because English was the official language of the united states, German isnt that much different from english, germans are easy to Assimilate and ww1 and ww2 repressions and bullying against germans

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker
because English was the official language of the united states, German isnt that much different from english, germans are easy to Assimilate and ww1 and ww2 repressions and bullying against germans
it was bullied out of them during the world wars basically lol

• +1
Reactions: hiwasuwor
Like others said they got pressured into assimilating and abandoning their language. This is why I think it's wrong when the US is called a "melting pot" country because this place is pretty culturally homogenous. Most of the European immigrants who came here assimilated into Anglo-American culture and are mostly indistinguishable from each other

• +1
Schadenfreude. :feelshah:

• +1
Like others said they got pressured into assimilating and abandoning their language. This is why I think it's wrong when the US is called a "melting pot" country because this place is pretty culturally homogenous. Most of the European immigrants who came here assimilated into Anglo-American culture and are mostly indistinguishable from each other
Why do most Americans still feel the need to clarify their ethnic background? It reeks of insecurity and lack of identity.

"I'm 20% anglo, 15% german, 30% irish, etc"

What tf is the point? Why can't "American" become a new ethnicity that's otherwise known for classifying European mutts?

Why do most Americans still feel the need to clarify their ethnic background? It reeks of insecurity and lack of identity.

What tf is the point? Why can't "American" become a new ethnicity that's otherwise known for classifying European mutts?
What’s your problem ?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Axii

because nobody wants to be "American"

• Woah
Reactions: Eternal_
Fym nigga?
u just hating, how does it reek of a lack of national identity if they're proud of their heritage, nothing wrong with that.

In the same way your a proud brit and a serb? are you also insecure and lacking in identity by that logic? identity can be multi dimensional and faceted you realize that?

Last edited:
u just hating, how does it reek of a lack of national identity if they're proud of their heritage, nothing wrong with that.

In the same way your a proud brit and a serb? are you also insecure and lacking in identity by that logic? identity can be multi dimensional and faceted you realize that?
Nigga I’m not a Serb. I’m an ethnic Russian who has (unfortunately) lived in the Balkans for a few years of my life.

Anyways, it reeks of insecurity because they’re mutts. If you’re going to be a mutt, literally please just say you’re American.

• +1
Reactions: yeeyeeslayer
If you’re going to be a mutt, literally please just say you’re American.
JFL,i agree but most just say that anyways. When was the last time you asked an american where they were from an answered with a bunch of percentages instead of just saying american?

They only do that in the context of telling their ethnic background

• +1
Reactions: Megas Alexandros
JFL,i agree but most just say that anyways. When was the last time you asked an american where they were from an answered with a bunch of percentages instead of just saying american?

They only do that in the context of telling their ethnic background