Will Value Investing Have A Come-Back?

PubertyMaxxer

PubertyMaxxer

Face, Height, Frame, Dick
i believe the less transparent and lowbarrier the markets are the more opportunities of value investing will exist.

The stock exchange is far from value investing with almost Bancrupt companies getting valued too high

Real Estate also seems harder and harder to get good deals but better than at the stock or crypto exchange

Thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098 and Mouthbreath
maybe, after we beat the culture of shorting smaller companies by hedge funds.
Like is being battled not with GameStop

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098, turkproducer, Deleted member 5292 and 1 other person
Value investing is rough after 10+ years of a bull run. So much capital floating around due to the low interest rates that have been around for a long time, high valuations everywhere. As long as printer go brrr and low interest rates the prices will continue go up(also inflation). This was the reason why so many stonks got crushed in march.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098, Mouthbreath, Deleted member 5292 and 1 other person
Value investing is rough after 10+ years of a bull run. So much capital floating around due to the low interest rates that have been around for a long time, high valuations everywhere. As long as printer go brrr and low interest rates the prices will continue go up(also inflation). This was the reason why so many stonks got crushed in march.
Bull run periods are great for entrepreneurs who create assets and then sell them to greedy investors

Bear runs are great for (activist) investors who cheaply buy the companies/assets

• +1
Reactions: DicedFeta
maybe, after we beat the culture of shorting smaller companies by hedge funds.
Like is being battled not with GameStop
My Dream job would be Venture Capital Manager ngl but that's very unlikely to happen

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5292
why not.
it's a brutal job though
Because you either need to attend HPYSM/Oxbridge Uni or have founded a successful startup which is both unrealistic in my case

sounds exagarated
It really isn't

After my medical degree i would try to get into a early stage life science VC fund but its unlikely from a unknown uni

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098
My Dream job would be Venture Capital Manager ngl but that's very unlikely to happen
why would your dream job be something so fucking boring lmao

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11134 and PubertyMaxxer
why would your dream job be something so fucking boring lmao
Its not
In my case i would enter it with a M.D. Medicine and enter a medtech/biotech/pharma early stage VC fund like Arch Ventures.

To properly value and manage early life science startups the scientific knowledge and prestige a M.D. provides gives an insane competitive advantage whichmeans ill make millions $.

@eduardkoopman @Papabakvet @larsanova69 @Mastermind

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 7098, Deleted member 10673, Lars and 1 other person
Its not
In my case i would enter it with a M.D. Medicine and enter a medtech/biotech/pharma early stage VC fund like Arch Ventures.

To properly value and manage early life science startups the scientific knowledge and prestige a M.D. provides gives an insane competitive advantage whichmeans ill make millions $.

i cant be bothered by money tbh, i'm 1000 times more content with a shitty paying job that i love, hell even just some meh tier band that tours everyone in a while

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
This shit with GME proves what a fucking joke the stock market really is and will only accelerate BTC's (and crypto in general) growth

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098, PubertyMaxxer, Deleted member 6873 and 1 other person
Its not

life science startups arent usually that interesting though

the big and fast growth you see with tech startups

• +1
life science startups arent usually that interesting though

the big and fast growth you see with tech startups
Yes but in life science there are more small niche opportunities (think of ultra specific eye diseases) in which one can still be insanely successful without as much competition as Software related VC funds

In addition i live in Europe where Life Sciences are bigger and better than Software, in the USA/UK its a different story, yeah

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
This shit with GME proves what a fucking joke the stock market really is and will only accelerate BTC's (and crypto in general) growth
Why would crypto accelerate because of this?
Its neither a used currency nor does it produce cashflow, its worthless

Why would crypto accelerate because of this?
Its neither a used currency nor does it produce cashflow, its worthless
It is invaluable, as it is an economical solution to whatever that is going on in the current day clown world. Free market, not in just promise given on a word basis, which has been proven time and time again to not work, due to collusion/corruption, but in fact being free as in freedom.

• +1
Yes but in life science there are more small niche opportunities (think of ultra specific eye diseases) in which one can still be insanely successful without as much competition as Software related VC funds

In addition i live in Europe where Life Sciences are bigger and better than Software, in the USA/UK its a different story, yeah

Depends, what EU country are you in?

• +1
Things like GME is a joke, not the stock market in general. Stock market still has a lot function for companies, eg a way for them to raise capital. These retarded trades that some hedge fund do has very little to do with the stock market in general. Wherever there is buying/selling there is room trading(aswell as fraud and manipulation), every single market(stocks, btc, honey, cars, soy, pigs). Lots of cash in flactuation = lots of desperate ways of finding investment opportunities(like Melvin GME short) makes for a poorly functioning stock market. In the future there might be a less regulated stock market(no NYSE, NASDAQ etc) where instead of fiat we use crypto(decentralized, less opportunity for fraud and manipulation), nobody knows but stock market has use. Less capital in flactuation also leads to more scrutiny as investors are more careful of their investments.

• +1
Things like GME is a joke, not the stock market in general. Stock market still has a lot function for companies, eg a way for them to raise capital. These retarded trades that some hedge fund do has very little to do with the stock market in general. Wherever there is buying/selling there is room trading(aswell as fraud and manipulation), every single market(stocks, btc, honey, cars, soy, pigs). Lots of cash in flactuation = lots of desperate ways of finding investment opportunities(like Melvin GME short) makes for a poorly functioning stock market. In the future there might be a less regulated stock market(no NYSE, NASDAQ etc) where instead of fiat we use crypto(decentralized, less opportunity for fraud and manipulation), nobody knows but stock market has use. Less capital in flactuation also leads to more scrutiny as investors are more careful of their investments.
Hedge funds shorting companies and driving them into the ground causing thousands of jobs to evaporate and retail investors to lose their money is why the market is a joke.

Not saying it will always be a joke, but it's currently a joke.

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back