ㅑ초 샤ㅔㅔㄷ 댜ㅜㄻ초 ㅜㅕㄱ ㅑㄱㅎ둥댜ㅜㄷ ㄴ초댜-ㄷ, ㅍㄷㄱㄴㅅ돗 ㄷㄴ ㅓ드뭉_

D

Deleted member 14693

Kraken
ㅏ무ㅜ ㅡ무 ㅡㅑ초 ㅍㄷㄱㄴㅅ도두_ ㅑ 애ㅜ|ㅅ ㅏㅜㅐㅈ ㅙㅜㄷㄴ싴, ㅠㅕㅅ ㅑ 애ㅜ|ㅅ ㅠ디ㅑㄷㅍㄷ 솜ㅅ 캐ㅕ ㅊ무. 째ㅕㅣㅇ ㅠㄷ 려ㅜㅜㅋ ㅑㄹ 내ㅡ대ㅜㄷ ㅕㅜㅇㄷㄱㄴ새ㅐㅇ ㅑㅅ 쇄ㅕ호

• JFL
Reactions: capybar and Deleted member 25938
Retarded language

• Ugh..
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manletmachine, mortis, Deleted member 25938 and 6 others
아이 칸트 스피크 한국어 안드 니델 칸 유

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: 케이제이 and Deleted member 25938
워트 더 핼르 이즈 디스 문스피크

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 25938
Fuck off wit your Hebrew Jewish bullshit!

• JFL
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Deleted member 25938, Deleted member 27635 and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25938 and Deleted member 14693
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: 케이제이, ArcticStorm, Deleted member 25938 and 1 other person
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ArcticStorm, Deleted member 25938 and Deleted member 14693
I like Japanese the most. It looks cute. No hate, @Ellipsis.
Looks good, but way too hard to learn. Anyone can learn Hangul in a day.

Arabic looks the best though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25938 and Michael Myers

I think Japanese looks the best but each to their own! Honestly I would say the most difficult is traditional Mandarin. Out of all East Asian writing systems, Hangul is the easiest to learn and Mandarin is the hardest with Japanese being in-between, I’d say. I think learning foreign alphabets is a matter of not intelligence but rather of IQ. IQ isn’t about smartness but about recognizing patterns. If you have a higher IQ, you will have an easier time studying a new alphabet. So I am of the firm belief that anyone can learn a new alphabet, as long as you have the IQ for it. Because you can recognize new patterns of the alphabet you’re studying. I’d say in personal experience, being at 100, it would have be 100. But it could also be less than that. Let’s say.. 85 or something.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25938 and Deleted member 14693
I think Japanese looks the best but each to their own! Honestly I would say the most difficult is traditional Mandarin. Out of all East Asian writing systems, Hangul is the easiest to learn and Mandarin is the hardest with Japanese being in-between, I’d say. I think learning foreign alphabets is a matter of not intelligence but rather of IQ. IQ isn’t about smartness but about recognizing patterns. If you have a higher IQ, you will have an easier time studying a new alphabet. So I am of the firm belief that anyone can learn a new alphabet, as long as you have the IQ for it. Because you can recognize new patterns of the alphabet you’re studying. I’d say in personal experience, being at 100, it would have be 100. But it could also be less than that. Let’s say.. 85 or something.
Chinese isn't really a writing system though, each word just has a different character. This is partly the case in Japanese too but they have some for of writing system though.

But everyone can learn a new language and writing system, regardless of IQ. You just need to know what you are doing, people with an higher IQ will obviously learn it faster though. But if you get exposed enough to a language after some time you will be able to speak it.

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
Chinese isn't really a writing system though, each word just has a different character. This is partly the case in Japanese too but they have some for of writing system though.

But everyone can learn a new language and writing system, regardless of IQ. You just need to know what you are doing, people with an higher IQ will obviously learn it faster though. But if you get exposed enough to a language after some time you will be able to speak it.
Racist bastard. Did you just say Chinese people just draw and don’t have an actual alphabet? I’m literally shaking right now. And you are talking about Hiragana and Katakana. I am of the opinion that IQ is a relevant factor because someone who’s got an IQ of 45 will be seen as an imbecile and will not be able to grasp even simple concepts. Do you expect this person to learn a new alphabet?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27702 and Deleted member 14693
I am of the opinion that IQ is a relevant factor because someone who’s got an IQ of 45 will be seen as an imbecile and will not be able to grasp even simple concepts. Do you expect this person to learn a new alphabet?
At IQ 45 you probably wouldn't even be able to speak your native language.

So obviously it matters to some extent, but im talking in the realm of normal human beings without some kind of disability.

Everyone can learn it there imo, just takes long for some

• +1
Gook gook gook guk guk guk

At IQ 45 you probably wouldn't even be able to speak your native language.

So obviously it matters to some extent, but im talking in the realm of normal human beings without some kind of disability.

Everyone can learn it there imo, just takes long for some
Someone with the IQ of 45 is able to speak English. In fact it will just be simple words. And they won’t understand concepts such as death. So you do need a minimum of IQ. So you can not only understand concepts but also recognize patterns in the alphabet. I agree for some it takes more time than others. In the case of photogenic memory.

Japanese pronunciation and listening is way easier than Korean tho. Japanese grammar might be a bit easier to learn too. Learning to read Korean is easier tho.

Japanese pronunciation and listening is way easier than Korean tho. Japanese grammar might be a bit easier to learn too
Both are hard

• +1
Both are hard
Japanese pronunciation is very easy (especially for a native Finnish speaker like me). Japanese grammar is hard but might still be a bit easier than Korean grammar.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: nanefer and Deleted member 13787
Japanese pronunciation is very easy (especially for a native Finnish speaker like me). Japanese grammar is hard but might still be a bit easier than Korean grammar.
Japanese pronunciation is easier because they use a lot of vowels. It’s like “ya” “na” “ha” “ba” but Korean doesn’t have that. I agree reading Korean is easier to learn compared to the other because the Korean alphabet was invented to make it easier in the first place. They used to have Mandarin-tier scripts as well.

Japanese pronunciation is easier because they use a lot of vowels. It’s like “ya” “na” “ha” “ba” but Korean doesn’t have that. I agree reading Korean is easier to learn compared to the other because the Korean alphabet was invented to make it easier in the first place. They used to have Mandarin-tier scripts as well.
Korean has a lot of sound change rules where the words aren't pronounced as you might think they should be. Japanese doesn't have those and Japanese sounds are easy to make.

I have studied Japanese and got a lot of praise for my pronunciation, once a Japanese girl even thought for a moment that I'm a native speaker. And they aren't just being polite: Japanese pronunciation is easy.

Mandarin has the simplest grammar but it's a tonal language. Some find tones hard some find them easy.

I have studied Japanese and got a lot of praise for my pronunciation, once a Japanese girl even thought for a moment that I'm a native speaker. And they aren't just being polite: Japanese pronunciation is easy.
They are polite. Just because its easy doesn't mean you can get to native level

They are polite. Just because its easy doesn't mean you can get to native level
They aren't just being polite, as I said.

Getting native-like pronunciation is hard in any language, however, Japanese pronunciation is easier than in most languages.

It works the other way, too: Finnish pronunciation is easy for native Japanese speakers.

Korean has a lot of sound change rules where the words aren't pronounced as you might think they should be. Japanese doesn't have those and Japanese sounds are easy to make.

Mandarin has the simplest grammar but it's a tonal language. Some find tones hard some find them easy.
So you can speak Japanese fluently then? How long did it take for you to learn Japanese? Can you only speak it or also read it?

They aren't just being polite, as I said.
How do you know that. Literally every japanese learner has mentioned how people complimented them even though they were dogshit

How do you know that. Literally every japanese learner has mentioned how people complimented them even though they were dogshit
Because non-native Japanese speakers have told me the same, and I can judge my own pronunciation too. My Japanese pronunciation is better than my English pronunciation without having native English and Japanese speakers telling me that.

A lot of sounds in Japanese are very similar to sounds in Finnish, so it's not that surprising that Japanese pronunciation is easy for me.

So you can speak Japanese fluently then? How long did it take for you to learn Japanese? Can you only speak it or also read it?
No, not fluent yet. Have studied for some months.

Learning Japanese (or Korean or Chinese) takes thousands of hours.

• +1
No, not fluent yet. Have studied for some months.

Learning Japanese (or Korean or Chinese) takes thousands of hours.
I think Korean would be the easier. Chinese the toughest. Japanese inbetween. I read online there’s 5 levels of learning Japanese. Which level are you at? And how many months btw? And you didn’t say whether you could read or just speak.

- Japanese words are usually pronounced and written the same. This differs from English, in which words might be pronounced differently than written.
- Japanese has fewer vowels and consonants than English
- Each syllable has the same length and strength, unlike in English.

In general Japanese pronunciation is considered easy. It's especially easy for native Finnish speakers because many sounds are the same. However, it doesn't mean that you will sound like a native Japanese speaker without practicing (although you might say some names and words like a native speaker). It just means that your pronunciation should be good or, at the very least, understandable without much speaking practice.

I think Korean would be the easier. Chinese the toughest. Japanese inbetween. I read online there’s 5 levels of learning Japanese. Which level are you at? And how many months btw? And you didn’t say whether you could read or just speak.
In total something like 6 months.

I can read and speak some words that I know, but my vocabulary and knowledge of grammar are very limited.

I haven't done the JLPT test. If I do it at some point my goal is N1 or N2 because those levels might be useful. My current level is low; maybe like N5.

• +1
From what I have seen, from easiest to hardest:

Grammar: Chinese <<< Japanese </ Korean. Chinese has the easiest grammar. Japanese and Korean have harder grammar, Korean might be a bit harder, but I'm not totally sure how big the difference is.

Pronunciation: Japanese <<< Chinese/Korean. Japanese is the easiest. Chinese is a tonal language, so the difficulty depends largely on how easy you find it to hear and produce different tones. Korean has sounds that are hard to distinguish, and you must learn sound change rules.

Reading: Korean <<< Chinese/Japanese. Korean is the easiest to learn because of Hangul.

All of them are hard to learn. All of them take a lot of time to learn. Just different aspects of the language that are hard.

• +1
In total something like 6 months.

I can read and speak some words that I know, but my vocabulary and knowledge of grammar are very limited.

I haven't done the JLPT test. If I do it at some point my goal is N1 or N2 because those levels might be useful. My current level is low; maybe like N5.
Well good luck man, you got it. 😃 Keep in mind that not even the Japanese know all the kanji out there. There’s just too many of them.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
From what I have seen, from easiest to hardest:

Grammar: Chinese <<< Japanese </ Korean. Chinese has the easiest grammar. Japanese and Korean have harder grammar, Korean might be a bit harder, but I'm not totally sure how big the difference is.

Pronunciation: Japanese <<< Chinese/Korean. Japanese is the easiest. Chinese is a tonal language, so the difficulty depends largely on how easy you find it to hear and produce different tones. Korean has sounds that are hard to distinguish, and you must learn sound change rules.

Reading: Korean <<< Chinese/Japanese. Korean is the easiest to learn because of Hangul.

All of them are hard to learn. All of them take a lot of time to learn. Just different aspects of the language that are hard.
Yeah Chinese seems incredibly complicated but the word for thank you is “xi xi” whereas in Japanese it’s “arigato (gozaimasu)”. But pronouncing it is easier in Japanese than in Chinese. I agree with all your takes here.

• +1
Here's a Japanese person trying to speak Finnish. As the Finnish guy says, the pronunciation is similar in Finnish and Japanese, so unsurprisingly, the Japanese guy has a pretty OK Finnish accent despite having never studied Finnish. Same goes the other way: Japanese pronunciation is easy for Finnish speakers.

@Beastimmung @TRUE_CEL

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693 and Michael Myers
Well good luck man, you got it. 😃 Keep in mind that not even the Japanese know all the kanji out there. There’s just too many of them.
I think the general consensus is that learning Japanese/Korean/Chinese to a fluent level takes like 4000 - 6000 hours. You can count how many days it is if you study X hours per day.

Anyone can learn these languages, it just takes motivation and hard work.

I used to hate how Chinese sounds but now I like it. However Japanese and Korean sound nice too.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693 and Michael Myers
Here's a Japanese person trying to speak Finnish. As the Finnish guy says, the pronunciation is similar in Finnish and Japanese, so unsurprisingly, the Japanese guy has a pretty OK Finnish accent despite having never studied Finnish. Same goes the other way: Japanese pronunciation is easy for Finnish speakers.

@Beastimmung @TRUE_CEL

No homo but the Japanese guy is cute.

• +1

@Beastimmung @TRUE_CEL

Yeah I can see it. Like the example with koko in Finnish. In Japanese you have the word kokoro which means heart. So I can see the similarities there.

• +1
I think the general consensus is that learning Japanese/Korean/Chinese to a fluent level takes like 4000 - 6000 hours. You can count how many days it is if you study X hours per day.

Anyone can learn these languages, it just takes motivation and hard work.

I used to hate how Chinese sounds but now I like it. However Japanese and Korean sound nice too.
Are you still studying? And if so how many hours are you putting into it?

A good site to learn Hangul. Korean writing system is neat and easy.

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers and Deleted member 14693
  • +1
Yeah. Depends on the day, 1-4 hours a day.
That’s good! I am actually going to learn it too. Not that dedicated to do 1-4 hours per day. But I just started. Going to start with grammar structure. Luckily Japanese has the same grammar structure as Urdu. I can already read Hiragana and some Katakana. I didn’t actually study these but I casually picked it up. Then few days ago @emeraldglass was like why don’t you learn it? And I was like, fuck, you’re right dude. So now I’m gonna learn it. College doesn’t start until the Fall so I got some time left. Why not put it to good use? I hope to become fluent by the time college starts; at least when it comes to speaking. I casually picked up Japanese by listening to j-pop. Not into Korean myself but I noticed while listening and reading the lyrics of songs that it seems to be heavily inspired by Sanskrit where you are given an indication of how to pronounce a word when it comes to the vowels. For instance if the word ends with an a it ends with I just like it does in Sanskrit. I can’t read Sanskrit. But I can read Arabic / Persian in its own script. I should have started learning Japanese earlier when I was younger but I was an edgy kid who hated Japan for no reason other than others liking it so much. Funny how it’s ended up like this hahaha.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: emeraldglass and Wallenberg
Because non-native Japanese speakers have told me the same, and I can judge my own pronunciation too. My Japanese pronunciation is better than my English pronunciation without having native English and Japanese speakers telling me that.

A lot of sounds in Japanese are very similar to sounds in Finnish, so it's not that surprising that Japanese pronunciation is easy for me.
So japanese pronounciation isn't actually "easier" but you just have a similar native language

So japanese pronounciation isn't actually "easier" but you just have a similar native language
The similarity of languages is what makes a language easier to learn.

Learning Spanish is easier than Russian because of the same writing system and easier pronunciation. Etc.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693
I would say that Japanese pronunciation is easier because it sounds more clear, if that makes sense. When I hear a sentence in Japanese and when I hear one in Mandarin; I can separate the words that are used in Japanese but not in Mandarin. Mandarin kind of sounds made up to me because of how the pronunciation of words are so easy compared to Japanese. For instance, when you say "I am," in Japanese you say "Watashi wa," but in Mandarin you just say "wo shi."

• +1
I would say that Japanese pronunciation is easier because it sounds more clear, if that makes sense. When I hear a sentence in Japanese and when I hear one in Mandarin; I can separate the words that are used in Japanese but not in Mandarin. Mandarin kind of sounds made up to me because of how the pronunciation of words are so easy compared to Japanese. For instance, when you say "I am," in Japanese you say "Watashi wa," but in Mandarin you just say "wo shi."
Yep. Distinguishing word boundaries is easier in Japanese than in Mandarin.

• +1

Traditional characters used in mandarin are less traditional than those used in traditional japanese and korean (those languages also have simplified forms of the characters known as kyuujitai and yakja respectively) those traditional characters are for the most part based on the kangxi dictionary form with some exceptions here and there (e.g. 響 is different in all its forms) .

Last edited:
  • +1
Yep. Distinguishing word boundaries is easier in Japanese than in Mandarin.
Just got on my PC. Fuaaark your signature. Nice. AI-generated? Also.. what are your reasons to learn Japanese? Mine is so I can watch a Japanese horror movie without subtitles. Hahahaha. I know Japanese people don't simp over brown people speaking Japanese because of their "whitu cocku onry" mentality but I don't care because I am not doing it for them.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Wallenberg and Deleted member 14693
Traditional characters used in mandarin are less traditional than those used in traditional japanese and korean (those languages also have simplified forms of the characters known as kyuujitai and yagja respectively) those traditional characters are for the most part based on the kangxi dictionary form with some exceptions here and there (e.g. 響 is different in all its forms) .
When did you start learning Japanese? I remember talking to you about Japanese before, with the example of "Zettai ni". See, sir? I wasn't coming from a "hehe I only watch anime so I have this kind of knowledge" type of place. And what's your level? N5?

• +1
Reactions: Splinter901

Users who are viewing this thread

Back