"you don't have to be good at math to program"

D

Deleted member 4106

Kraken
20210407 112931

About 1 week taking a python course, this is an algorithm for calculating a second degree equation. You can already see that people who are good at math have a clear advantage here, all exercises involve math

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Chintuck22, AngryShortMale, the next o'pry and 25 others
That’s easy JFL

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AngryShortMale, Patient A, Deleted member 4416 and 7 others
This is basic algebra retard I learned this in 5th grade

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167, Patient A, Deleted member 4416 and 15 others
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Patient A, Deleted member 10782, Deleted member 12611 and 4 others

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: bigchunguslover, Deleted member 4416, Deleted member 1680 and 7 others
Coding has to be the most boring thing in the world

• +1
Reactions: NotoriousLoser, Patient A, Yerico7 and 3 others
Isn't that just the quadratic formula? Most people learn that in school

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11748
Isn't that just the quadratic formula? Most people learn that in school
Not really
You are confusing programming with making an equation, they are very different things.
It would take me less than 1 minute to complete this account, and I could still calculate it mentally.

And the equation mentioned is just an example, and when I have to do much larger and more specific calculations?

You are confusing programming with making an equation, they are very different things.
It would take me less than 1 minute to complete this account, and I could still calculate it mentally.

And the equation mentioned is just an example, and when I have to do much larger and more specific calculations?
Copy paste from internet

• JFL
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
Am I supposed to be impressed?

• JFL
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets, Deleted member 6273 and AlexAP

It's not that difficult converting equations with the basic operators into code, your probably just a beginner ig, Also given that your using python it's more straightforward, I agree you need a good background in math to be a competent programmer but the example isn't the best

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4106
That's pretty easy takes less than 1 minute

View attachment 1078268
About 1 week taking a python course, this is an algorithm for calculating a second degree equation. You can already see that people who are good at math have a clear advantage here, all exercises involve math
that's literally quadratic formula written with code.
the syntax just makes it look scarier, you do need maths to do CS but not as much as you'd need math for most other engineering degrees

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7785 and Deleted member 4106
View attachment 1078268
Being good at math means knowing how to solve partial diff. equations Fouriere transform etc. but Not this shit

Being good at math means knowing how to solve partial diff. equations Fouriere transform etc. but Not this shit
No being good at maths means being able to prove theorems in real analysis and complex analysis, number theory, graph theory, abstract algebra and so on. It gets really fucking difficult

I remember when I used to be on top of the class in computer science and almost failed in math tests jfl

• Woah
print ("Hello World!")

People who are good in maths have high working memory and it's the same with programming

• +1
You don't need to be good at higher level math to be good at programming. But having an aptitude for math certainly does help. Most great programmers are probably decent at math and general problem solving.

• +1
View attachment 1078268
Nigga that’s the quadratic formula jfl 13 year old tier math

what a retard jfl

There's nothing about math here
Programming is for cucks and it's only logics related

math = problem solving

programming = problem solving

if you're bad at math, you're bad at problem solving, and will likely be bad at programming