3 months after jaw angle implant. Thinking about removing it. In need of experts and honest opinions here

stressftw

stressftw

Sry for not answering DMs, taking a break from .me
Straight forward: I got jaw angle implants 3 months ago, the design i made with the doc was lookin really decent. Before the surgery i had a very decent jaw width and around 0.91-94 bigonial wdith, but i had a very short ramus which i wanted to correct. So we opted to do a thin design with only 3mm horizontal augmentation and bigger vertical augmentation. The problem is that dehiscence/implant reveal in those cases are very likely to happen and i didnt knew much about masseter dehiscence/implant reveal. My masseters is sitting higher than the implant site, it look really bad when i clench, which creates a discrepancy in volume in those areas. I havent had a sharp design so the implant reveal doesnt look that bad overall but another problem is that the volume on my masseters was the thing that gave my jaw a good width and i dont have it anymore.

The good points and bad points: Now i have a good angularity, very good ramus, also im starting to see hollowing on my face, 3/4 and side profile improved although im not liking the front. My bigonial to bizygo is around 0.83 now, it think maybe it doesnt look too narrow because my gonions are sitting low now giving a more square appearence, but i lost alot of width.

Note: Im still presenting swelling, specially on the right side, there is alot of hanging and thick skin specially inside my mouth and in the area of the sutures. I think the final results will be more visible at 6month mark. But i think at this point i already can access my new face shape. The process was absolutely brutal, mentally and phyisically speaking, i was looking like a complete abomination til 2.5month mark and only started to look "normal" now at 3 months. So for anyone that had jaw implant and are reading it, the recovery process is really long and my face still changing every day.

Concern about the decision of removing it: Im feeling trapped here as im afraid that removing the implants now will leave me with masseter position fucked up anyway and also give me excess skin and sagg. Im feeling very fucked up mentally lately. Also im creating this topic to alert the risks of doing jaw angles, specially if your aim is increase ramus height. it's not a simply thing, is a very invasive procedure, with alot of risks and not easy at all to go back, also if you drop down it vertically like i did you most likely have 99% chance of ending up with dehiscence/ implant reveal. Also the dehiscence can happen whilist removing the implant too, thats why im so worried.

I wanna know opinions on the current state of my face shape because at this point i really dont know if it will be worth it to remove it as i maybe will look even worse now removing it. I think my jaw looks kinda narrow now, but it's mostly because of the lack of soft tissue of the missing masseters that should be there. Im afraid switching for larger horizontal implant would make the masseter discrepancy look even worse too.

Im sorry for blurring the middle of my face in pics is that i dont want to leave it here at this point, hope u guys understand.

Looking like this now at 3 months

before

before / after: this photo is like 2.5 months after

before / after

before 3/4

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Tallman, Deleted member 51465, buflek and 3 others
@RealSurgerymax

• +1
Reactions: stressftw
I think you do look after the implants, your side profile is better looking. Imo, implants have a tendency of making your face look smaller, but since you blurred it out and didnt talk about it, im going to assume you dont have that problem. The implants do look natural.

I do think you should wait about 6-8 months before making a decision, and "skin" sag can be fixed easily

• +1
Reactions: callisto, scrunchables, Mosh12 and 1 other person
I think you do look after the implants, your side profile is better looking. Imo, implants have a tendency of making your face look smaller, but since you blurred it out and didnt talk about it, im going to assume you dont have that problem. The implants do look natural.

I do think you should wait about 6-8 months before making a decision, and "skin" sag can be fixed easily
No my face looks longer actually and the problem is that i have relatively long midface already, so it looks even longer now.

My side and 3/4 are undeniably better, the problem is the front and dehiscence. The issue of the face looking smaller didnt happened.

I didnt understood if you think it looks better or worse in the first phrase, but thank you for your input.

I feel that if dehiscence wasnt an issue in jaw angles my final result would be more robust and looking more like the photo on the left of cavill jaw, i also didnt knew the absurd amount of volume that masseter muscle add to the lower third

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: reptiles and synock21
No my face looks longer actually and the problem is that i have relatively long midface already, so it looks even longer now.

My side and 3/4 are undeniably better, the problem is the front and dehiscence. The issue of the face looking smaller didnt happened.

I didnt understood if you think it looks better or worse in the first phrase, but thank you for your input.
oh sorry, my stupid keyboard blanked out. Yes, you do look better, your side profile and everything.
I looked more into your pictures, (because this is one of the first high iq threads in a while), and you did lose some width. I still think your face largely looks very handsome despite the lost width.
Though you lost width, your face doesn't look "narrow"

BTW, i like your hair, how can I grow my hair out like you?

• +1
Reactions: Jarate and stressftw
oh sorry, my stupid keyboard blanked out. Yes, you do look better, your side profile and everything.
I looked more into your pictures, (because this is one of the first high iq threads in a while), and you did lose some width. I still think your face largely looks very handsome despite the lost width.
Though you lost width, your face doesn't look "narrow"

BTW, i like your hair, how can I grow my hair out like you?

My hair is straight /wavy it will look like shit while growing and there are days it looks terrible but i think letting it dry in a claw clip or elastic made the difference in the daily basis. If i let it dry normally it looks terrible

@RealSurgerymax is around the forums lately?

Bro idk whats ur problem, you ascended. It doesnt look bad. Are you already lean ?

• +1
Reactions: PrinceofDarkness, aestheticsrespecter and stressftw
It looks good fr dont remove them, nice nose btw

• +1
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter and stressftw
It’s going to take a while to gain width. I took me about a year for my face to adjust maybe the tearing the massetor apart or something.

• +1
Reactions: T50 Mogger, Allornothing and stressftw
It looks good fr dont remove them, nice nose btw
Yes im lean, im 4 months out now. still some areas that are "puffy" specially the buccal corridor area where the incision were made inside my mouth. But i think they will subside as the time passes.

this is my jaw at 4 months, im slowly starting to see alot of hollowing as the time passes

• +1
Reactions: nofap and reptiles
Your jaw was already good though.

• +1

I feel that if dehiscence wasnt an issue in jaw angles my final result would be more robust and looking more like the photo on the left of cavill jaw, i also didnt knew the absurd amount of volume that masseter muscle add to the lower third

View attachment 2760289View attachment 2760291

Well cavill has a wider lateral cheek mass that causes his look of a wider fwhr you need not another jaw implant you need zygomatic arch implants

• +1
Yes im lean, im 4 months out now. still some areas that are "puffy" specially the buccal corridor area where the incision were made inside my mouth. But i think they will subside as the time passes.

this is my jaw at 4 months, im slowly starting to see alot of hollowing as the time passes

View attachment 2816863
You look insanely good on this picture

• +1
first picture looks like jared leto
my man you look good, and you seem to have awesome beard / hair genetics
i'm confused how can someone lose width by getting implants? the angle got moved so now its lower (so bigger ramus i guess) but closer to the center of the face?

• +1
U are right jaw is narrow

• +1
what happens to the implants when you get punched?

first picture looks like jared leto
my man you look good, and you seem to have awesome beard / hair genetics
i'm confused how can someone lose width by getting implants? the angle got moved so now its lower (so bigger ramus i guess) but closer to the center of the face?
Yeah alot of people say i resemble Jared Leto

well, when u add ramus height if the masseter muscle remain on the original spot because of dehiscence/implante reveal u will lose bigonial width, because now your gonions will not have the volume from masseters anymore. It's not intuitive but it is was happened in my case. I had big masseters that remained on the original spot and now my gonions are lower and without the coverage from the masseter muscle, making my gonions look narrow.
The face width narrowed overall because i did one round of masseter botox, it will return to the original size in few months, but the gonions will remain narrow because there is no soft tissue coverage there, unless i have some type of filler.

• +1
Reactions: Jarate
Straight forward: I got jaw angle implants 3 months ago, the design i made with the doc was lookin really decent. Before the surgery i had a very decent jaw width and around 0.91-94 bigonial wdith, but i had a very short ramus which i wanted to correct. So we opted to do a thin design with only 3mm horizontal augmentation and bigger vertical augmentation. The problem is that dehiscence/implant reveal in those cases are very likely to happen and i didnt knew much about masseter dehiscence/implant reveal. My masseters is sitting higher than the implant site, it look really bad when i clench, which creates a discrepancy in volume in those areas. I havent had a sharp design so the implant reveal doesnt look that bad overall but another problem is that the volume on my masseters was the thing that gave my jaw a good width and i dont have it anymore.

The good points and bad points: Now i have a good angularity, very good ramus, also im starting to see hollowing on my face, 3/4 and side profile improved although im not liking the front. My bigonial to bizygo is around 0.83 now, it think maybe it doesnt look too narrow because my gonions are sitting low now giving a more square appearence, but i lost alot of width.

Note: Im still presenting swelling, specially on the right side, there is alot of hanging and thick skin specially inside my mouth and in the area of the sutures. I think the final results will be more visible at 6month mark. But i think at this point i already can access my new face shape. The process was absolutely brutal, mentally and phyisically speaking, i was looking like a complete abomination til 2.5month mark and only started to look "normal" now at 3 months. So for anyone that had jaw implant and are reading it, the recovery process is really long and my face still changing every day.

Concern about the decision of removing it: Im feeling trapped here as im afraid that removing the implants now will leave me with masseter position fucked up anyway and also give me excess skin and sagg. Im feeling very fucked up mentally lately. Also im creating this topic to alert the risks of doing jaw angles, specially if your aim is increase ramus height. it's not a simply thing, is a very invasive procedure, with alot of risks and not easy at all to go back, also if you drop down it vertically like i did you most likely have 99% chance of ending up with dehiscence/ implant reveal. Also the dehiscence can happen whilist removing the implant too, thats why im so worried.

I wanna know opinions on the current state of my face shape because at this point i really dont know if it will be worth it to remove it as i maybe will look even worse now removing it. I think my jaw looks kinda narrow now, but it's mostly because of the lack of soft tissue of the missing masseters that should be there. Im afraid switching for larger horizontal implant would make the masseter discrepancy look even worse too.

Im sorry for blurring the middle of my face in pics is that i dont want to leave it here at this point, hope u guys understand.

View attachment 2760009View attachment 2760005View attachment 2760079View attachment 2760090View attachment 2760022

before

View attachment 2760024

View attachment 2760026View attachment 2760032

before / after
View attachment 2760056View attachment 2760057

before 3/4
View attachment 2760135View attachment 2760144
it looks good nigga dont remove it

• +1
u went too far with the vertical augmentation

Now ur face looks more narrow and longer imo

Front looks worse side looks better

• +1
Front update shaven vs heavy stubble - 4 months now

Bruh it looks good relax

View attachment 2760009View attachment 2760005View attachment 2760079View attachment 2760090View attachment 2760022

before

View attachment 2760024

View attachment 2760026View attachment 2760032

before / after
View attachment 2760056View attachment 2760057

before 3/4
View attachment 2760135View attachment 2760144
how much did it cost?

I think you should do some jaw filler with Juvederm Volux to make the front a little wider and pointy. I am the only user in this forum who transformed his jaw with only fillers and this is my current result after 4 years of filler. I do plan on getting implants like you but I’m still saving up money while I let the filler dissolve naturally which I know will take many years but that’s ok