9MM SFX contact maxxing thread

M

MD_Hopeful69

Kraken
I've read many, many threads on colored eye contacts here and they're all grade A bullshit. Most people just don't know what they're talking about when it comes to colored eye contacts. They keep listing contacts from brands like Desio or Solotica. The thing is, while some of these brands have okay-decent contacts, none of them have top-tier contacts. If you're going to fraud eye color with colored eye contacts, you'd want the best of the best. There are no shortcuts around this. So here is EXACTLY what you need to do.

This is the brand you want: 9mmsfx.

Here is their website: https://www.shop.9mmsfx.net/

Now let me explain why this brand is the best. If you go under the "about us" section on the website and read what they do, they primarily make colored eye contacts for the entertainment industry (movies, TV shows, etc.). Here's what they say about themselves:

"9mm Sfx provides the entertainment industry with professional hand painted contact lenses.

Founded pre-apocalypse in 1999 by owners Kevin and Ginni Carter, 9mm Sfx has provided fx contact lenses to hundreds of films and television productions. With our knowledge and expertise we will provide your production with the highest quality in hand painted contact lenses."

And this isn't some advertising bullshit either. Because they provide proof for this. The owner, Kevin Carter, links his IMDb profile.

Here's his profile: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1349569/

As you can see, he works for the makeup department crew and the special effects crew for various movies and TV shows. If you go to the lMDb link above and scroll down, you'll see an entire section of credits. There you can see all the movies/TV shows he's created contacts for. There are over 100 credits provided. So this really is legit.

Anyways, coming back to the website (9mmsfx), this is where you want to buy your colored eye contacts from. Now go to the link to the website above and go to "natural" under the "shop by category" tab (here is a direct link to the page this leads to: https://www.shop.9mmsfx.net/Natural_c6.htm ). Here is what it says there:

"The Natural Blue, Light Blue and Chestnut Brown in this section are based off of real human eyes and are the most realistic. The Natural Green and Light Green are also based off of a real iris pattern, however, they are painted in a color scheme that is not. The other colors are painted in a natural style, but are not based on real iris patterns or colors therefore are not suggested for actors who are changing eye colors for film."

So, based on what they say here, you want to purchase either natural blue, light blue, chestnut brown, natural green, or light green. These are generally like $225-250 USD per contact but right now it seems they're a bit lower due to some kind of sale. So remember, they sell per contact. Meaning, the price listed is for just a single contact. Of course everyone is going to be buying two contacts. In that case you'll be spending $400-500 USD for these.

It doesn't say on their website but (based on my emailing them) these contacts generally last a year after daily use (like if you use them for several hours each day, you can expect to use them for a year before you have to re-buy).

Also when you go to buy the contacts, there's a bunch of measurements you need to provide. For some of these you'll obviously have to go to your optometrist. Here's something important: pupil diameter. This is one of the measurements they want. It's self-explanatory what it is, but here's why it's really important: most colored eye contacts have a pretty large pupil hole as compared to an actual eye. That's obviously because they want you to be able to see through them properly. Back in 2008-2012 when companies like Solotica used to make colored eye contacts, they would have the pupil hole be fairly small to be as realistic as possible. But then some people kept complaining about how it's difficult for them to see through them sometimes, so nowadays when these companies make colored eye contacts, they make the pupil hole fairly large. Too large, actually. It just doesn't look as realistic. With 9mmsfx you get to decide how big you want the pupil hole to be. Under the pupil diameter category when purchasing the contact, it gives three options: 4.0 mm, 4.5 mm, and 5.0 mm. 4.5 mm is the standard. If you want it to be a bit bigger you go for 5.0 mm or if you want it to be a bit smaller you go for 4.0 mm (it's +$15 USD extra either way). Of course go for 4.0 mm for the contact to look as realistic as possible. Also for the clear edge category when purchasing the contact, select NO. You absolutely do not want this.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss, lightskinbengali and Deleted member 6403
Just want to clarify,

should we get 12 mm or 13 mm for the iris diamter

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
"Honestly I was so fucking mad man, like I spent so much effort trying to get base curvature right I went to many opticians and they didn’t even know how to work it out. Secondly I picked olive green. The dude said it will take 6 weeks but it took 15 week . Also the lenses felt thicker than the other cosmetic ones, they looked more realistic up close but dude the colour was not olive green at all it was like a bright lizard green colour, and they let sliding when I blinked because the curvature was perhaps wrong, I contacted the guy and told him it isn’t worth the shipping to send them back since they also slide so if he could make new ones for discount price but he was like he will only adjust the colour, no point and then he didn’t even respond to my email after that. He can get away with it as there’s no review page . Overall they look better but feel thicker , colour was way off and they slide because of measurement error"

good thread. your last post was in july, any experience now with them?

• JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss