ADVICE NEEDED abusive family

chosen-one

chosen-one

How do I convince my dad to not force me to leave uni and go back home at winter break? He keeps saying no

But I don’t wanna go back home they are not physically abusive but super mentally emotionally abusive. I hate being around them.

They always act so nice otp when I’m away at uni but when I go back home they don’t even sit with me or talk with me

can’t go back man hell no

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: aesthetic beauty and try2beme
How is he going to make you leave uni it sounds like you are an adult He can't make you do shit. I know you have been conditioned through childhood abuse to please him and to do what he says but now you are an adult you don't have to do anything just cut them off.

• +1
Reactions: chosen-one
How is he going to make you leave uni it sounds like you are an adult He can't make you do shit. I know you have been conditioned through childhood abuse to do what he says but now you are an adult you don't have to do anything just cut them off.
He’s paying for my uni man and my apartment . I’m 20. So he does have some say, but ur right maybe I can try to be like “you can’t make me”

How do I convince my dad to not force me to leave uni and go back home at winter break? He keeps saying no

But I don’t wanna go back home they are not physically abusive but super mentally emotionally abusive. I hate being around them.

They always act so nice otp when I’m away at uni but when I go back home they don’t even sit with me or talk with me

Dnrd but iam agreed with title. I feel bad experience from my parents. They are hating me before i born. Approximately Iam one of the saddest person in the world who is hiding his pain by smiling and accepting the pain

Last edited:
  • +1
He’s paying for my uni man and my apartment . I’m 20. So he does have some say, but ur right maybe I can try to be like “you can’t make me”
Brutal that he has the power in this situation

• +1
You have to submit to the narcy dad or he'll eventually withdraw the funds. You're basically his bitch. I whipped my fathers azz after I left home and huzzled him for $20 coz he is a poor bastard son of a bitch.

if ur course is worthwhile you can contact ur uni, apply for extra bursaries and loans to rent your own place and live on campus

• +1
Ah,family dynamics can be complicated and difficult. Atleast you are aware of the toxic dynamic. It sounds like you’ve identified some healthy boundaries that you need to set. I think the most important thing is to be direct and honest with your dad about your concerns. Tell him how you feel, and let him know that you need space and autonomy to develop as an adult. You have the right to set boundaries and to prioritize your own needs. I know it’s not easy, but standing up for yourself and communicating your needs is the only way to improve the situation imho

• +1
if ur course is worthwhile you can contact ur uni, apply for extra bursaries and loans to rent your own place and live on campus
He's a daddy's boy and doesn't wanna pay. The extra $$$ means more than any dignity he's got left.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: chosen-one and try2beme
He's a daddy's boy and doesn't wanna pay. The extra $$$ means more than any dignity he's got left.
People need to pick or choose you cant have everything

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22124
I live in benelux and my parents live is ksa. When After 5 years I went home they don't behave nice with me. I feel very sad.

• +1

The title is advice needed. I think i need more advice than you

• +1
I live in benelux and my parents live is ksa. When After 5 years I went home they don't behave nice with me. I feel very sad.
When I’m away I forget how bad their treatment of me feels. That’s why I like to keep my distance away from them.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 47272
Yeah but they just gaslight me. I can’t exactly say “I don’t wanna come back because I hate you and you are abusive”

Abusers are usually low sentience they don’t recognize how much the victim is affected

When I’m away I forget how bad their treatment of me feels. That’s why I like to keep my distance away from them.
I left them because I realized that iam a burden to them.

• So Sad
Yeah but they just gaslight me. I can’t exactly say “I don’t wanna come back because I hate you and you are abusive”

Abusers are usually low sentience they don’t recognize how much the victim is affected
Yes Agreed they can't exactly said they don't need son

Start getting scholarships and keep your grades up to be financially independent. As long as you are depending on your parents they have power over you.

Rape them