Advice on getting abs needed

JovenCansao

JovenCansao

Kraken
What am I doing wrong? Why do those fuckers are not coming out? Should I starve myself and eat more protein and less carbs?

Currently working out 6 days a week:
2 days lower body(legs, glutes and lower back)
2 days upper body
in those 4 days I workout abs for 10 minutes at the end.
The others 2 days I do cardio:
one for sprinting and cycling 35 minutes total
The other day swimming for about 40 minutes.

It goes like this:
Lower upper cardio

Could it be my diet? I mostly eat at my house so I'd say my diet is decent

I am weighting 155lb at 177cm
20221208 201306

Perhaps my genetics are also shit in this regard :feelswah:

Get leaner

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 22780 and 2 others
Abs are mostly just being lean

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Danish_Retard, Daniel Plainview and 2 others
Diet is the reason why. Follow a lean or strict diet (Food that is mostly whole foods not processed shit) and lose BF. 10-12% is the range where you will have a nice six pack and facial aesthetics will also look much nicer as well with your jaw being more defined n shit.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Deleted member 13787
you are fat for abs and u don't have strong man tier abs muscles so both options are checked out

easiest way is to get lean but you will sacrifice overall muscle mass with it

I don't even train abs and I just have them cus lean

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Daniel Plainview
train abs. you have the abdomen of a child

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 22841
I don't train abs, just rock climb (boulder), and do compound lifts. A lot of it is genetic, like insertions or whatever. I also lose fat on my abs before by thighs, which I think is like low-T or high-E. I don't really think you need all that muscle because I'm not very muscular in general.

K3vY8WV

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Tonymontana and makeme183
you are fat for abs and u don't have strong man tier abs muscles so both options are checked out

easiest way is to get lean but you will sacrifice overall muscle mass with it

I don't even train abs and I just have them cus lean

View attachment 1987365
You eat mich carbs bro? Think that might be my problem
I don't train abs, just rock climb (boulder), and do compound lifts. A lot of it is genetic, like insertions or whatever. I also lose fat on my abs before by thighs, which I think is like low-T or high-E. I don't really think you need all that muscle because I'm not very muscular in general.

View attachment 1987380
Bouldering is very intense for the core, I've done it together with calisthenics for a few months and did notice a significant change.

But yeah seems I am just a fat fuck rn even though I feel like a skeleton already

You eat mich carbs bro? Think that might be my problem

Bouldering is very intense for the core, I've done it together with calisthenics for a few months and did notice a significant change.

But yeah seems I am just a fat fuck rn even though I feel like a skeleton already
I eat junk but the amount is small so I kinda burn most of the calories anyways, only consistent thing in my diet is cold water

and I guess if you wanna speed up ur calorie loss then start freezing urself and ur body will use more energy to generate heat and fight the cold

I eat junk but the amount is small so I kinda burn most of the calories anyways, only consistent thing in my diet is cold water

and I guess if you wanna speed up ur calorie loss then start freezing urself and ur body will use more energy to generate heat and fight the cold
Hanks for mentioning it, gonna add cold showers
What's your weight and height btw?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16474
U need to lose 10 lbs more. Im 155lbs 6’1 jacked

Fat distribution is pivotal for getting abs. Some guys have abs at 15% body fat, some don't. Spot reduction lipo might be your only choice if you get to the lowest sustainable body fat and still aren't satisfied.

• +1
Reactions: JovenCansao
Poor genetics : get leaner and start working your abs serriously.

Crunches are useless, do crunches with weight or use an abs machine with resistance training.

I’ve a higher bodyfat than you (18%) and yet my abs are more visible because I train them seriously.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Gandy and JovenCansao
DHT is essential for water retention and kills fat through many wahys

• +1
You need to get leaner. 155 is too heavy for abs at your height

• +1
Poor genetics : get leaner and start working your abs serriously.

Crunches are useless, do crunches with weight or use an abs machine with resistance training.

I’ve a higher bodyfat than you (18%) and yet my abs are more visible because I train them seriously.
Some gyms have crunch machines that have weights up to 200lbs. Train until you can put on the max weight, just add an endless amount of reps the stronger you get, and it will definitely aid in popping those abs even at 13-15% body fat.

Of course, the ideal will always be to just drop to 10-12% body fat and have them show naturally.
But if you want *impressive* abs even at low body fat, it's going to take using weighted crunch exercises.

It's impossible to hypertrophy abs with non-weighted crunches alone. There needs to be some resistance.

• +1
Reactions: VenatorLuparius and JovenCansao
Some gyms have crunch machines that have weights up to 200lbs. Train until you can put on the max weight, just add an endless amount of reps the stronger you get, and it will definitely aid in popping those abs even at 13-15% body fat.

Of course, the ideal will always be to just drop to 10-12% body fat and have them show naturally.
But if you want *impressive* abs even at low body fat, it's going to take using weighted crunch exercises.

It's impossible to hypertrophy abs with non-weighted crunches alone. There needs to be some resistance.
Didn't know weighted abs were that important, never done them tbh

Didn't know weighted abs were that important, never done them tbh
Abs are muscles, like any other muscle they grow when they meet resistance : Do you do air curls or air bench press ?

Crunches are pretty much the same to me. Add weight and train like a motherfucker until you look like a pregnant woman from the pump.

I always get a big belly after my abs training : that's how I know I was serious.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7
Abs are muscles, like any other muscle they grow when they meet resistance : Do you do air curls or air bench press ?

Crunches are pretty much the same to me. Add weight and train like a motherfucker until you look like a pregnant woman from the pump.

I always get a big belly after my abs training : that's how I know I was serious.
I saw them being the equivalent to push ups, pull ups and body weight exercises.
But it makes sense they'll grow better with weight

What am I doing wrong? Why do those fuckers are not coming out? Should I starve myself and eat more protein and less carbs?

Currently working out 6 days a week:
2 days lower body(legs, glutes and lower back)
2 days upper body
in those 4 days I workout abs for 10 minutes at the end.
The others 2 days I do cardio:
one for sprinting and cycling 35 minutes total
The other day swimming for about 40 minutes.

It goes like this:
Lower upper cardio

Could it be my diet? I mostly eat at my house so I'd say my diet is decent

I am weighting 155lb at 177cm

Perhaps my genetics are also shit in this regard :feelswah:
If you want to get lean, take your body weight, multiply it by 15 and take 500 out of that number. If you eat this many calories you would be losing about a pound a week. I would also recommend you walk 15000-20000 steps a day.

I don't think you should cut, I'm around same height and weight with visible abs. I would eat at maintenance and continue training abs, they will show up eventually.

Attachments

• PXL_20221122_054030651.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221122_054030651.MP.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
I don't think you should cut, I'm around same height and weight with visible abs. I would eat at maintenance and continue training abs, they will show up eventually.

That’s not what people mean by visible abs these days.

I can see the fat on your abdomen you need to lose more bodyfat

Your ab muscles are weak. Bodyweight isn't enough you need to do crunches holding weight.