After 3 days without eating i got better skin wtf?

Whatashame

Whatashame

Only environment hurts / Hoping for a miracle
Is this because i probab have gut problems? I never had acne but after 3 days without eating (Depression) skin is way softer, im suffering with bod hair loss tho

Whatever bad gut bacteria you have, whatever bad skin bacteria you have inside your epidermis, your body starts eating them up once you fast for more than 24 hours and your body starts using body fat storages for energy instead of food.

That's why fasting also reduces gut-related redness like rosacea or facial flushing - the bacteria dies temporarily because your body kills it during an extended fast.

• +1
Reactions: zeshama and Deleted member 1901

Whatever bad gut bacteria you have, whatever bad skin bacteria you have inside your epidermis, your body starts eating them up once you fast for more than 24 hours and your body starts using body fat storages for energy instead of food.

That's why fasting also reduces gut-related redness like rosacea or facial flushing - the bacteria dies temporarily because your body kills it during an extended fast.
is there any way to get these effects without actually fasting? since fasting is terrible for collagen but that does sound good

is there any way to get these effects without actually fasting? since fasting is terrible for collagen but that does sound good
No, there isn't.

And studies do show that like you said, long fasts unfortunately decrease collagen production.
The skin can't produce it out of thin air - it needs vitamin c, protein and fats to do it.

So in the long term, it's best to do intermittent fasting instead (like 16-8 or 23-1), which both preserves collagen production and keeps insulin levels low for minimal inflammation and redness of the skin.

(On workout days, I would just eat as usual - you need some carbs before a workout for optimal strength)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901 and looksmidder
No, there isn't.

And studies do show that like you said, long fasts unfortunately decrease collagen production.
The skin can't produce it out of thin air - it needs vitamin c, protein and fats to do it.

So in the long term, it's best to do intermittent fasting instead (like 16-8 or 23-1), which both preserves collagen production and keeps insulin levels low for minimal inflammation and redness of the skin.
wait does intermittent fasting not affect collagen too? i thought it did tbh

Nope. 72+ hour fasts temporarily decrease collagen production. Intermittent fasting (fasts lasting less than 24 hours) improve it.

holy shit i genuinely never saw that

good to know, thanks man

Is this because i probab have gut problems? I never had acne but after 3 days without eating (Depression) skin is way softer, im suffering with bod hair loss tho
FASTING IS BAD FOR GROWTH, so don"t do it if you want to grow

Incredibly retarded take. The more bacteria you have, the healthier you are. Killing bacteria is killing yourself. besides that, you gonna lose your own muscle and fat. When you eat yourself, you then need to grow the tissue back and every time you grow, you age. So why not die sooner?
OP has better skin because he isn't consuming any toxic foods, he can achieve the same by removing any plant except fruit from his diet.

Incredibly retarded take. The more bacteria you have, the healthier you are. Killing bacteria is killing yourself. besides that, you gonna lose your own muscle and fat. When you eat yourself, you then need to grow the tissue back and every time you grow, you age. So why not die sooner?
OP has better skin because he isn't consuming any toxic foods, he can achieve the same by removing any plant except fruit from his diet.
Not all bacteria is good for you. There are good gut bacteria like lactobacillus (which is even sold as pills), and there are bad bacterial colonies that maintain inflammation (rosacea for example is widely acknowledged to be caused by bad gut bacteria).

A short fast will not kill your muscle gains, it's a good way to rapidly burn fat in the short term.
Killing body fat is probably the #1 goal people have on this forum.

Your human ancestors didn't eat 5 meals a day. They could have gone without food for several days.
Fasting for at least 24 hours once in a while (which is a very short fast) is perfectly natural.

• +1
Reactions: greyrock45 and Deleted member 1901
When you eat yourself, you then need to grow the tissue back and every time you grow, you age. So why not die sooner?
Incredibly retarded take. Fasting slows aging. Plus it puts the body in a catabolic state instead of anabolic, which disproves your point.

same with me.

Fasting slows aging. Plus it puts the body in a catabolic state instead of anabolic, which disproves your point.
Absorbing food ages you yes, but is it more damage than starvation? Eh.
Plus it puts the body in a catabolic state instead of anabolic, which disproves your point.
You can be in katabolic state permanently if you eat ketogenic diet, then you don't have to starve.
Your human ancestors didn't eat 5 meals a day. They could have gone without food for several days.
Not on purpose. Those were hard times, they'd never starve themselves on purpose, "exercise", etc.

yea too hard im gonna rope