Any of you good enough to push for pro in esport?

FromEE

FromEE

Bronze
Just wondering, very good money tbh and most of them have decent-hot wives.

I have pretty good reflexes and used to be pretty damn good at csgo, but I stopped playing games, I wouldn't be able to spend so much time on them anymore

• +1
Reactions: Hector and Deleted member 3328
have a disability that fucks up my fine motor skills so to stand a chance i'd need to practice harder than everyone else in the world

my reaction times are very good though, just can't aim/mash buttons very well

i was 4k widow main in overwatch. but that game is shit

Yes (past tense)

Last edited:
Hell no. You need to be exceptional and play like 12h a day to succeed. Even if you plaid so much and were so good, most get bored before becoming pros.

• +1
Reactions: Ethnicope, Dicklet.4.3, Alt Number 3 and 6 others
@badromance was like top 1k europe on dota I think, semi-pro level basically

• +1
Reactions: buflek and Deleted member 2621
i was 4k widow main in overwatch. but that game is shit
I got to top 500 in season 2 as an off tank/dps player but the game fucking sucked after season 3 tbh. Makes me wonder tho if I could’ve really grinded and made OWL. oh well

• +1
Reactions: FromEE and Vitruvian
I got to top 500 in season 2 as an off tank/dps player but the game fucking sucked after season 3 tbh. Makes me wonder tho if I could’ve really grinded and made OWL. oh well
anybody can make it if a monkey main can

• +1
Reactions: FromEE and Kade
Used to be a top100 finisher on Hearthstone, made some money part-time coaching at a decent rate, I don't play anymore.

• +1
Reactions: FromEE
I have pretty good reflexes and used to be pretty damn good at csgo, but I stopped playing games, I wouldn't be able to spend so much time on them anymore
pretty good doesnt mean shooting to Global Elites and winning with them
pretty good means that after 1-2 years playing u are able to compete with best players in your country etc
i used to think im good because after 2 years of playing i achieved everything, rank G/S on ESEA, lvl 10 on faceit and GE in matchmaking
when i met average pro player without success i realized i was wrong, its so crazy shit how these people play, think etc

• +1
Reactions: wellthatsucks and FromEE
I was close to becoming one of the best CSGO players in my country, I was getting in touch with people in the pro scene and I could have possibly ended up in one of the pro teams in my country, but then I joined a gym and I progressively stopped caring about videogames.

• +1
anybody can make it if a monkey main can
it’s too late now tbh. Current pros have tens of thousands of hours in the game. It’s just crazy seeing guys like xQc and sinatraa be semi famous earning tons of money and i used to play matches with them regularly.

But then again imagine investing thousands of hours just to be in tier 2 purgatory with nothing to show. It’s a risk like anything else i suppose

• +1
Reactions: mikeock, FromEE and Vitruvian
@FatmanO thoughts?

• JFL
Reactions: Truecel14
Jfl At video games.Throw that shit away.
1 hour max a day or your bound to be incel

• +1
Reactions: Administrator
top 50 in warcraft 3 ladder, unfortunately thats no where near pro level

Never close enough to pro level, though I was pretty good in the late-ish days of CS 1.6

90% pro esport players live in small basement rooms playing 12h a day with shitty contracts, earning below minimum wage.
It's very difficult to be in the top even if you are skilled. Top teams scrim all the time, some move to Korea to scrim with better players.
If you want to have a chance you have to find a new game that will become huge esport, most overwatch players are prior TF2/doom competitive players.

• +1
Reactions: AraTe, Deleted member 470, Kade and 1 other person
I doubt any of us could. I know one guy personally who turned out to be one of the top EU Dota 2 players, pushed to maybe top20 or so (DED SRS). AFAIK he tried capitalizing it but had no success.

So I guess qualifying for a pro team is one thing, but actually being successful in e-sport and making money that is not laughable is a whole another story.

• +1
90% pro esport players live in small basement rooms playing 12h a day with shitty contracts, earning below minimum wage.
It's very difficult to be in the top even if you are skilled. Top teams scrim all the time, some move to Korea to scrim with better players.
If you want to have a chance you have to find a new game that will become huge esport, most overwatch players are prior TF2/doom competitive players.
I doubt any of us could. I know one guy personally who turned out to be one of the top EU Dota 2 players, pushed to maybe top20 or so (DED SRS). AFAIK he tried capitalizing it but had no success.

So I guess qualifying for a pro team is one thing, but actually being successful in e-sport and making money that is not laughable is a whole another story.
Personally I think it's not like that anymore if you are in the main league of your esport. People have dedicated contracts now and it's nothing to laugh at anymore.

Personally I think it's not like that anymore if you are in the main league of your esport. People have dedicated contracts now and it's nothing to laugh at anymore.
Yeah, but he's 18 right now or maybe 19. It wasn't long ago

Chad has never played a videogame
Broxah.jpg
LoL_FNCBroxah-2000x1333.jpg

Mogs 99% of looksmax.me

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and AraTe
pretty good means that after 1-2 years playing u are able to compete with best players in your country etc
i used to think im good because after 2 years of playing i achieved everything, rank G/S on ESEA, lvl 10 on faceit and GE in matchmaking
when i met average pro player without success i realized i was wrong, its so crazy shit how these people play, think etc
Most of them cheat. I spent quite a lot of time watching their games and it's quite blatant.

highest rank?

It's very hard unless you are gifted with God like reflexes and aim

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
i like how everyone here thinks he was good at some game

what seperates good players and pros is the understanding of the game and decision making not skills like aim or reflexes astralis is the best example for that
r
highest rank?
mm rank is the most useless thing in terms of rating someones skill most of the people who aim for the world stage are not even playing mm

• +1
Reactions: wellthatsucks and FromEE
i like how everyone here thinks he was good at some game

what seperates good players and pros is the understanding of the game and decision making not skills like aim or reflexes astralis is the best example for that
r

mm rank is the most useless thing in terms of rating someones skill most of the people who aim for the world stage are not even playing mm
It's game sense and mechanical skill. You can't become a pro with one of them being sub par.

Pros are nothing extremely special in games such as CSGO that have a large quantity of RNG/luck

• +1
Reactions: Ruby and Depressed Twink
Pros are nothing extremely special in games such as CSGO that have a large quantity of RNG/luck
+1

But not because of rng. Take poker. High rng game but there's always a consistent group of people who win tournaments.

Whenever I watch csgo pros stream it's clear to me the majority of the pro scene is founded on connections.

If only csgo pros practiced like Koreans do...

+1

But not because of rng. Take poker. High rng game but there's always a consistent group of people who win tournaments.

Whenever I watch csgo pros stream it's clear to me the majority of the pro scene is founded on connections.

Yeah it's a common misconception that professional gamers are like professional chess players (very autistic and therefore unbeatable)

ye I could easily 160ms reaction time on average and pretty good aim but I don't wanna live that life its absolute fucking trash you destroy yourself. Not playing any shooters anymore now literally threw that shit off my PC

Im platinum in league

Yes I have been actually a pro gamer. Basically travelled the whole world and make a few thousand in a weekend.

My friend got dementia from too much acid and dmt. He was good at halo.

One day at college I saw some dude bowing down to him, I walked up and asked wtf, he told me the dude found out his username.

very unlikely you could make it, its legit harder than becoming a pro in actual sport

I put thousands of hours and got to rank A esea lvl 10 faceit csgo and i tried playing with a team in open but it was a shitshow and I realized im too antisocial for a team LUL.

+1

Poker tournament players aren't even respected

Cash game players are way better

4550 peak overwatch, the game is in such a shit state, grinding would be cancerous

Just speedrun bro

Srs? Why don't they play tourneys?
They sometimes do but tournaments are easier and a lot more random and all top cash game players are competitive. It doesn't work the other way around. Tournament players could never sustain at high stakes online cash games.

All my life I've played Vidya, but not matter how I've tried I was never good at them.
Then I discovered my fucking disgusting low IQ.
And figured why I was so bad at them(and generally at life).

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel