Anyone here own commercial real estate?

D

Deleted member 23778

Kraken
I'm thinking of buying a building and then renting it out to businesses. This is in the US. Has anyone else here done this and succeeded or this not even possible?

I'm thinking of buying a building and then renting it out to businesses. This is in the US. Has anyone else here done this and succeeded or this not even possible?
How'd you get the money to afford one?

qmudbump

Sounds good if you have enough capital.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23778
Sounds good if you have enough capital.
Have you done it yourself? Also I don't know about commercial real-estate but is it possible to own something and not run a business within? I tried searching this but can't seem to find much on it

Have you done it yourself? Also I don't know about commercial real-estate but is it possible to own something and not run a business within? I tried searching this but can't seem to find much on it
Can't advise you there since it depends on your country and I don't live in the US, but it shouldn't be as limiting as you seem to think.

Commercial Real Estate is virtually worthless

• Hmm...
Have you not been paying attention? Values have been dropping immensely due interest rates and remote work. Values in San Francisco and New York dropped a lot.

• +1
Reactions: eyelidcel
Have you not been paying attention? Values have been dropping immensely due interest rates and remote work. Values in San Francisco and New York dropped a lot.
I'm thinking of getting some cheap shit in a town about to experience a boom

• Hmm...
i wouldnt risk it

Rents are out of control while there's plenty of empty storefront.
The town I'm looking to buy in has plenty of new businesses moving in. It's in a rebound of sorts due to the town improving infrastructure and people from out of state using it as a tax haven of sorts