Anyone use piracetam or other nootropics? Discuss benefits to focus, learning, inhibition etc.

Piracetam produces three relevant classes of effects:

1. Therapeutic
2. Neuroprotective
3. Cognitive-enhancing

1. Piracetam makes you master of your mind, not the other way around. Few truly know 100% control instead of unwitting enslavement to a suboptimally-functioning brain. If you want to change something about your personality, it will be entirely within your power on Piracetam. The building blocks of your brain will be yours to do what you will with them.

2. Piracetam protects against age-related cognitive decline, which is primed in your early 20s and enters full swing beginning in your late 20s. This is the reason that, after several years on it, I still take Piracetam.

3. Piracetam improves higher order executive function, that is, areas of advanced cognition associated with the prefrontal cortex (PFC). This includes reasoning, logic, abstract thought, synthesis and decomposition of complex ideas, integration of disparate concepts, and verbal fluency. Holistic thinking increases. Reasoned thought trumps your limbic instincts to drive decision-making.

There are other, minor effects not related to the topic of discussion. For example, as another user pointed out, Piracetam purifies the perceived sensory effects of other drugs. This is why you can consume alcohol, get a buzz, and still be lucid, or take caffeine and feel an energy boost without the typical jitters or a pronounced crash. It does not make them any safer, however.

Its mechanisms of action involve growth of new brain cells in the PFC, new connections between brain cells, new connections between the two hemispheres in the corpus callosum, and refluidization of brain cell membranes. I am glossing over this part for the sake of brevity.

How did Piracetam change my life? I grew up in financially and socially difficult circumstances. Those formative years shaped me into a bitter, introverted, and socially stunted teenager, and later, adult. By the time I was aware of my own deficiencies, they were too ingrained for me to fix on my own. I was also not interested in any kind of therapy, which struck me as a coping strategy instead of a cure. Fortunately, I found Piracetam. Over not too long a time, it cleared a path for me to become who I was meant to be -- the man I would have been had bad luck and cruelty never so deeply darkened my outlook.

In the years that followed, I went on to enjoy a good degree of social and career success. People I knew when I was younger and reconnected with later on were stunned at my confidence, extroversion, and willingness to initiate anything. They said I was unrecognizable. Eventually I offered the drug to a few depressed or down-and-out friends, who with it also turned their lives around. In every case, I entirely credit Piracetam. I do not exaggerate when I say would not have thought the last 7 or 8 years of my life possible without its help.

Why Piracetam? Piracetam grants Absolute Will, Absolute Speed, and Absolute Clarity. It inflates and empowers the ego, amplifies processing power, and objectivizes your vision. I will elaborate if desired. In any event, it is the only racetam that can do this.

Other racetams have their uses. I took Aniracetam for a brief time in conjunction with Piracetam, soon after starting. It and its derivatives (Coluracetam, Fasoracetam) are decent anxiolytics, albeit all with slightly different flavors: Aniracetam is extremely neutral, to the point of feeling blank; Coluracetam is warm and contented. There is also Pramiracetam, which grants laser-focus, robotic calm, and deep, instinctive insight. I took it when I traded index futures to support myself. On it, I would regularly have much more -- mind-bogglingly so -- lucrative days, but I stopped because it made falling asleep difficult. Aniracetam and Pramiracetam improve memory as well.

There are other, purpotedly-nootropic racetams that should be avoided, namely structural analogues of Piracetam (oxiracetam, phenylpiracetam, piracetam hydrazide.) They are stimulants and quickly lose efficacy.

For a regimen, I would recommend 800-1600 mg per day, between 2 and 5 days a week. I realize the range given is broad, but it depends on a lot. I am happy to offer tailored recommendations and ongoing advice to anyone interested.

I would not exceed 1600 mg, and certainly never exceed 2000 mg. Once you hit very high (10000 mg) doses, hypomania (crazed productivity, delusions of grandeur, perceived ascension to a god-like state) can ensue.

Similar to hitting the gym, you need adequate rest days from Piracetam. You also need adequate rest: sleep is crucial, and you will know on Piracetam if you are not getting enough.

To reap the full benefits of the regimen, you need to take high-quality, triglyceride-form omega-3 fatty acids with Piracetam. This is because Piracetam yanks open your brain cell membranes to more readily take up nutrients. I would aim for at least 550 mg DHA and 450 mg EPA per day; personally, I take 1100 / 900.

Caffeine should not be taken on piracetam. It is destructive anyway, so, so much the better. Cognitive-impairers like cannabis or refined sugars should also be avoided.

You may need to supplement with a certain form of phosphatidylserine (PS) if you have taken caffeine for a long time and don't give your adrenal glands a chance to recover from the damage before beginning Piracetam. I also recommend PS if you are taking piracetam indefinitely.

Piracetam cycles through choline to build new brain cells, so if your brain is an inefficient choline-recycler, you may need to supplement with a bit of choline occasionally. This is the source of Piracetam headaches, which I never experienced, but I mention it because it is the most common side effect. Anyway, a few eggs here and there should suffice. Be aware that too much choline will cause depressed mood.

The last thing to remember is that Piracetam requires direction: you cannot just sit on your couch and expect spontaneous transformation. It feeds on the darkness in your heart and converts it into willpower, but you must provide the destination...

Sticking to this regimen for a few months to a year should suffice to restore normal function and then some, if that is your goal.

As for me, I took Piracetam long past the point when its therapeutic benefits had been exhausted. Up until then, everything about Piracetam was a free net-gain. After that, should dosing beyond maintenance levels persist, you will have to decide if becoming something beyond human is what you really desire.
high effort post, but extreme levels of placebo and coping

it won't do anything on the dosages you mentioned

Racetrams feel like you had a little bit of alcohol and phenibut feels like you ate weed, kinda body high.

Didn't stick with any as they were not worth it for me.

it is like saying Creatine puts on tons of muscles and makes you high T beast
yeah the way he was talking was like he'd just watched limitless tbh

Piracetam produces three relevant classes of effects:

1. Therapeutic
2. Neuroprotective
3. Cognitive-enhancing

1. Piracetam makes you master of your mind, not the other way around. Few truly know 100% control instead of unwitting enslavement to a suboptimally-functioning brain. If you want to change something about your personality, it will be entirely within your power on Piracetam. The building blocks of your brain will be yours to do what you will with them.

2. Piracetam protects against age-related cognitive decline, which is primed in your early 20s and enters full swing beginning in your late 20s. This is the reason that, after several years on it, I still take Piracetam.

3. Piracetam improves higher order executive function, that is, areas of advanced cognition associated with the prefrontal cortex (PFC). This includes reasoning, logic, abstract thought, synthesis and decomposition of complex ideas, integration of disparate concepts, and verbal fluency. Holistic thinking increases. Reasoned thought trumps your limbic instincts to drive decision-making.

There are other, minor effects not related to the topic of discussion. For example, as another user pointed out, Piracetam purifies the perceived sensory effects of other drugs. This is why you can consume alcohol, get a buzz, and still be lucid, or take caffeine and feel an energy boost without the typical jitters or a pronounced crash. It does not make them any safer, however.

Its mechanisms of action involve growth of new brain cells in the PFC, new connections between brain cells, new connections between the two hemispheres in the corpus callosum, and refluidization of brain cell membranes. I am glossing over this part for the sake of brevity.

How did Piracetam change my life? I grew up in financially and socially difficult circumstances. Those formative years shaped me into a bitter, introverted, and socially stunted teenager, and later, adult. By the time I was aware of my own deficiencies, they were too ingrained for me to fix on my own. I was also not interested in any kind of therapy, which struck me as a coping strategy instead of a cure. Fortunately, I found Piracetam. Over not too long a time, it cleared a path for me to become who I was meant to be -- the man I would have been had bad luck and cruelty never so deeply darkened my outlook.

In the years that followed, I went on to enjoy a good degree of social and career success. People I knew when I was younger and reconnected with later on were stunned at my confidence, extroversion, and willingness to initiate anything. They said I was unrecognizable. Eventually I offered the drug to a few depressed or down-and-out friends, who with it also turned their lives around. In every case, I entirely credit Piracetam. I do not exaggerate when I say would not have thought the last 7 or 8 years of my life possible without its help.

Why Piracetam? Piracetam grants Absolute Will, Absolute Speed, and Absolute Clarity. It inflates and empowers the ego, amplifies processing power, and objectivizes your vision. I will elaborate if desired. In any event, it is the only racetam that can do this.

Other racetams have their uses. I took Aniracetam for a brief time in conjunction with Piracetam, soon after starting. It and its derivatives (Coluracetam, Fasoracetam) are decent anxiolytics, albeit all with slightly different flavors: Aniracetam is extremely neutral, to the point of feeling blank; Coluracetam is warm and contented. There is also Pramiracetam, which grants laser-focus, robotic calm, and deep, instinctive insight. I took it when I traded index futures to support myself. On it, I would regularly have much more -- mind-bogglingly so -- lucrative days, but I stopped because it made falling asleep difficult. Aniracetam and Pramiracetam improve memory as well.

There are other, purpotedly-nootropic racetams that should be avoided, namely structural analogues of Piracetam (oxiracetam, phenylpiracetam, piracetam hydrazide.) They are stimulants and quickly lose efficacy.

For a regimen, I would recommend 800-1600 mg per day, between 2 and 5 days a week. I realize the range given is broad, but it depends on a lot. I am happy to offer tailored recommendations and ongoing advice to anyone interested.

I would not exceed 1600 mg, and certainly never exceed 2000 mg. Once you hit very high (10000 mg) doses, hypomania (crazed productivity, delusions of grandeur, perceived ascension to a god-like state) can ensue.

Similar to hitting the gym, you need adequate rest days from Piracetam. You also need adequate rest: sleep is crucial, and you will know on Piracetam if you are not getting enough.

To reap the full benefits of the regimen, you need to take high-quality, triglyceride-form omega-3 fatty acids with Piracetam. This is because Piracetam yanks open your brain cell membranes to more readily take up nutrients. I would aim for at least 550 mg DHA and 450 mg EPA per day; personally, I take 1100 / 900.

Caffeine should not be taken on piracetam. It is destructive anyway, so, so much the better. Cognitive-impairers like cannabis or refined sugars should also be avoided.

You may need to supplement with a certain form of phosphatidylserine (PS) if you have taken caffeine for a long time and don't give your adrenal glands a chance to recover from the damage before beginning Piracetam. I also recommend PS if you are taking piracetam indefinitely.

Piracetam cycles through choline to build new brain cells, so if your brain is an inefficient choline-recycler, you may need to supplement with a bit of choline occasionally. This is the source of Piracetam headaches, which I never experienced, but I mention it because it is the most common side effect. Anyway, a few eggs here and there should suffice. Be aware that too much choline will cause depressed mood.

The last thing to remember is that Piracetam requires direction: you cannot just sit on your couch and expect spontaneous transformation. It feeds on the darkness in your heart and converts it into willpower, but you must provide the destination...

Sticking to this regimen for a few months to a year should suffice to restore normal function and then some, if that is your goal.

As for me, I took Piracetam long past the point when its therapeutic benefits had been exhausted. Up until then, everything about Piracetam was a free net-gain. After that, should dosing beyond maintenance levels persist, you will have to decide if becoming something beyond human is what you really desire.
@Rigged

I generally get piracetam from modafinia

I tried a lot of things.
- Noopept: almost no effect
- Ritalin: incredible and doesn't last too long so don't affect your sleep
- Concerta: same as ritalin but lasts longer
- Elvanse (Vyvanse): long-lasting amphetamines, not bad at all, but they ruin your sleep.
- Attentin (equivalent to Dexedrine): Pure D-Amphetamine just unbelievably better than elvanse and doesn't ruin your sleep

Warning: if you're going to take any of these substances, you've got to take them as soon as you wake up in the morning, otherwise your sleep is ruined.
Take as many days off as possible to avoid developing tolerance.
I sometimes mix it with caffeine to increase the effects. I use it to study at university and go from 8am to 10pm without stopping.
Nootropics are clearly a cope. Take prescription stimulants.
I will try Modafinil soon.