Applied to 152 CS internships

ZoomerSpicoid415

ZoomerSpicoid415

Bronze
What the fuck do I do now? email/text hiring managers? I feel like im fucked regardless

I only did internships in my area too which I feel like is screwing me over

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Pikabro, gooner23 and Danish_Retard
What the fuck do I do now? email/text hiring managers? I feel like im fucked regardless

Sure you did bud

only to get 3 emails back asking you for an interview haha

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: socialcel, wishIwasSalludon, kranerman23123 and 3 others
Nvm let me go into medicine instead of this shit

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: socialcel, Deleted member 49130, m0ss26 and 2 others
Probably worse…
maybe you’ll get one internship bro

look on the bright side, as soon as you start it they’ll let you know that there will be no job offers for you all and it’s unpaid

hahahahahaha

you fell for the just do cs meme

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro
maybe you’ll get one internship bro

look on the bright side, as soon as you start it they’ll let you know that there will be no job offers for you all and it’s unpaid

hahahahahaha

you fell for the just do cs meme
Tuition is free so I don’t care for rn , worst case I’m becoming a electrician

applying to cs jobs in 2024 is like fucking my 4 year old relationship girlfriend on a raining thursday night

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 49130, m0ss26, Pikabro and 1 other person
What country are you from?

Do you have CS degree and multiple mid size projects on github or 1 big size project on github?

Do you have open source contributions?

Did you do networking during the university?

(I'm not saying I recommend doing these or that it's minimum requirement to have all of these).

What country are you from?

Do you have CS degree and multiple mid size projects on github or 1 big size project on github?

Do you have open source contributions?

Did you do networking during the university?

(I'm not saying I recommend doing these or that it's minimum requirement to have all of these).
USA, In last year of degree, have 2 mid size and 1 massive size project (Fitness App)

Some contributions but for the networking no and because of that Its probably over for me

• +1
Reactions: BecomingHuman

its tough as shid this season, theres people i know who've applied to 500+ with nothing even with good prestige internships

its tough as shid this season, theres people i know who've applied to 500+ with nothing even with good prestige internships
Its fucking over, I have a asian friend, goes to a top 15 CS school, many projects, FAANG intern and same issue. Its fucking over for me

• JFL
Reactions: User28823
Its fucking over, I have a asian friend, goes to a top 15 CS school, many projects, FAANG intern and same issue. Its fucking over for me
i mean your in last year you shouldn't be applying to internships, half of what i applied to didn't allow senior applications, they usually ask for one more semester after you do the internship at least

What job should I go for at this point?

• Ugh..
Reactions: niggerballsack34

which country are you in?

152 is rookie numbers nowadays

i see people struggle with 1000s of apps but usually its cuz their resume is ass
if u dont get any responses ur resume is prolly ass or not ats friendly

i must be the luckiest man on earth or a resume god cuz ive gotten a response for every company ive applied to and i only ever applied to 2... one for an internship i got in college (which i quit after a week jfl) and then another for my current job

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26
USA, In last year of degree, have 2 mid size and 1 massive size project (Fitness App)

Some contributions but for the networking no and because of that Its probably over for me
Tbh, you don't even need all these side projects. All you need is a good GPA, relevant courses, non shitty school
and most recruiters are fine letting you through. And just go to job fairs at your college and hand them your resume.

• +1
Reactions: TYRONELITEMOGGER
No good connections? Its gonna be rough for you

Tbh, you don't even need all these side projects. All you need is a good GPA, relevant courses, non shitty school
and most recruiters are fine letting you through. And just go to job fairs at your college and hand them your resume.
this is computer science, school major and gpa don't really matter, nothing matters more than relevant experience and leetcode. Hes struggling because hes a senior and only applied to internships, he needed to apply to full time positions

this is computer science, school major and gpa don't really matter, nothing matters more than relevant experience and leetcode. Hes struggling because hes a senior and only applied to internships, he needed to apply to full time positions
Leetcode helps for getting past the interview.
Experience helps with full time positions.
For internships, he’ll just need a good GPA, courses and school to get past the resume screen for the 1st round

152 is rookie numbers nowadays

i see people struggle with 1000s of apps but usually its cuz their resume is ass
if u dont get any responses ur resume is prolly ass or not ats friendly

i must be the luckiest man on earth or a resume god cuz ive gotten a response for every company ive applied to and i only ever applied to 2... one for an internship i got in college (which i quit after a week jfl) and then another for my current job
I've sent it to some hiring managers on some CS discords and they all say It looks great or rate it above a 8/10. ATS friendly though? Thats probably where Im fucked, I didn't stack buzzwords or frameworks that would get me put on the top

• +1
Reactions: User28823
Did you try applying to full time positions? You might have more chances there however absurd it sounds