[Are long distance runs a looksmin?]

D

Deleted member 28774

Diamond
what is the hormonal impact you get from long distance runs?

yes

uv damage + stress + constant motion creates wrinkles and loosens collagen

look at marathoners, they look 20-30 years older than what they actually are

running, especially long distance running under the sun is one of the most horrible things you can do for skin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32440
Lots of zone 2 (under 2mmol lactate) is a good thing
-builds mitochondria
-become more metabolically flexible be able to take in carbs without causing insulin resistance which ages you
-low end endurance work carries over to more intense work
-helps recovery between harder workouts

For the sun, just wear a good sunscreen and sunglasses. And a hat if you want

Yes.

I used to run in HS and looked like a holocaust survivor

yes

running, especially long distance running under the sun is one of the most horrible things you can do for skin

Marathon runners do look awful. Best to stick to sprints, maybe 5K runs at most, and don’t sweat off your SPF.

Recreational runners (female) I have known haven’t had any skin quality issues and in fact one of them looks about 15 at 25. Fine in moderation i think - just don’t destroy yourself with cortisol from taking it to stupid levels.

Every long distance runner looks terrible. I used to have to do 3-5 mile runs everyday and I descended hard

yes

If you take care of your skin and don't run half marathons every single day you should be fine.

HIIT/interval training mogs long distance cardio, in terms of results, time saved, and anti-aging.

The above posters who point out that long distance runners age like shit are correct, but you need to also take into account that those guys typically lead very healthy lifestyles: no smoking, drinking, unhealthy food and they get plenty of sleep. Imagine how shit marathoners would look if they had a normie lifestyle along with the running?