Bizygomatic Width and Palate size have NO correlation

Elias

Elias

I will use my own case as an example:

My IMW = 35MM
Yet my Bizygomatic width is wider than most people who have IMW’s of 45mm and over.

Many people can have a narrow palate, like Tom Welling as an example, but they can still have a very wide Bizygomatic width and a wide face.

Palate size and Bizygomatic width/facial width has NO correlation.

I have seen people on here with wide palates yet narrow faces, @nelson as an example.

I have also seen many people coping saying ‘Oh Henry Cavill and Tom Welling have narrow palates but how do they have such wide faces’.

This is because facial width and Bizygomatic width is genetic, but to a certain extent.

Of course, if you do increase palate width due to either natural tongue posture or bone anchored palate expanders (SARPE), Bizygomatic and maxilla width will increase.

But if you have the genetics, you can have a narrow palate and a wide maxilla and jaw, meaning you do not need MSE, as it wont have much benefit at all. If you lack tongue space, consider just using a tooth borne expander. It really all depends on your individual situation. Also temple size and width comes in to play when deciding on MSE or a regular expander.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: highT, Deprived, ChristianChad and 9 others
Natural viscerocranial and maxillary growth DISPROVEN

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deprived, ChristianChad, aspieSavage and 5 others
Natural viscerocranial and maxillary growth DISPROVEN
No, correct tongue posture and body posture still holds a major key into maxillary and mandibulary growth, as kids are not born with 35-50mm palates at birth.

Also natural mewing is what prevents the maxilla and mandible to downswing during development, as we are all born with perfect facial development, but a minority deform during development due to bad habits and posture

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel, ChristianChad, Deleted member 6401 and 5 others
In other words, get MSE

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2658, Deleted member 6401 and didntreadlol
High IQ thread indeed

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2658, Deleted member 6401, didntreadlol and 1 other person
I have narrow pallet but not a narrow face so this makes sense

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, Deleted member 6401, didntreadlol and 1 other person
so MSE good for those with a narrow palate and low Bizygomatic width?

is some kind of lower third work necessary after MSE to have the lower jaw catch up?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, didntreadlol and Elias
so MSE good for those with a narrow palate and low Bizygomatic width?

is some kind of lower third work necessary after MSE to have the lower jaw catch up?
Yes, but if you have a wide palate (45mm and up) and a low Bizygomatic width MSE will not help, or atleast very insignificantly

MSDO for lower jaw

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and didntreadlol
@Lorsss pin this (itll save a lot of people from wasting money on MSE

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Luke LLL and didntreadlol
it does if you haven’t had orthodontics, but they can reshape your arch while not really affecting your skeletal structure unless extracts*

Last edited:
  • +1
Correct. I have a narrow palate but a 95+ percentile bizgyomatic width.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Deleted member 6401, draco and 2 others
Yes the dental arches can be wide without the facial bones. Causes my cheeks to look chubby if my bodyfat isn’t -13%.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Deleted member 6401 and didntreadlol
if you have a narrow pallet and a high bigonial width do you run the risk of having one of those bad smiles that reveal empty space besides the teeth? just out of curiosity.

• +1
@Kingkellz thoughts?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, didntreadlol and SayNoToRotting
BUMP

• +1
There is definitely a mild correlation, but the jaw is covered in so much flesh, that a few more mms of intermolar distance don't matter.

It's more about how flaring the gonion and how large the muscles are.

Bizygomatic is whatever.

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
How is this saying to not get MSE?
This

While there may be no correlation does not mean increasing imw with bone-borne mse doesnt have an effect on surrounding zygomatic bones

Having a wide white palate and benefits like wider mouth and wider zygos is a very good reason to get mse

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Deleted member 6401 and Luke LLL
(SARPE), Bizygomatic and maxilla width will increase.
Only MSE can potentially result in increased bizygo width increase

I will use my own case as an example:

My IMW = 35MM
Yet my Bizygomatic width is wider than most people who have IMW’s of 45mm and over.

Many people can have a narrow palate, like Tom Welling as an example, but they can still have a very wide Bizygomatic width and a wide face.

Palate size and Bizygomatic width/facial width has NO correlation.

I have seen people on here with wide palates yet narrow faces, @nelson as an example.

I have also seen many people coping saying ‘Oh Henry Cavill and Tom Welling have narrow palates but how do they have such wide faces’.

This is because facial width and Bizygomatic width is genetic, but to a certain extent.

Of course, if you do increase palate width due to either natural tongue posture or bone anchored palate expanders (SARPE), Bizygomatic and maxilla width will increase.

But if you have the genetics, you can have a narrow palate and a wide maxilla and jaw, meaning you do not need MSE, as it wont have much benefit at all. If you lack tongue space, consider just using a tooth borne expander. It really all depends on your individual situation. Also temple size and width comes in to play when deciding on MSE or a regular expander.

> Bizygomatic Width and Palate size have NO correlation​

> To support this claim he points out ~3 examples that do not match the correlation, out of a sample size of billions.

:unsure:

• Hmm...
Reactions: Erik-Jón
@mvp2v1
@ChristianChad
@PubertyMaxxer

This evening at 10pm UTC+2, No Prisoners
offtopic
60463ab8d0aa0b57bcc8a7db54ffab1ec75c9bb2.jpg

@mvp2v1
@ChristianChad
@PubertyMaxxer

This evening at 10pm UTC+2, No Prisoners
offtopic
60463ab8d0aa0b57bcc8a7db54ffab1ec75c9bb2.jpg
idk what that is or if you tagged the wrong mvp. My mvp stands for minimum viable product/person while the other dude probably means the sports term.

• JFL
Reactions: Aladin
idk what that is or if you tagged the wrong mvp. My mvp stands for minimum viable product/person while the other dude probably means the sports term.
your courage is inspiring soldier
keep it up
e98394b3fb23343645b03805da119b97.jpg

• JFL
Reactions: mvp2v1
@Aladin why'd you tag me? :ROFLMAO:

also, added to guest list

1. No idea what your talking about.
2. Not involved in any way. + Your low iq
3. This is the looksmaxing section

• Hmm...
Reactions: Aladin
1. No idea what your talking about.
2. Not involved in any way. + Your low iq
3. This is the looksmaxing section
my my my
my dear mvp2v1, you fail to grasp the gravity of the situation
I am not giving you a choice, this is an order.
tatsumi-where-have-you-gone.png

Maybe I miss-interpret your posts but it sounds like you're going to go do some stupid crap. If I am correct: Nobody cares you make no impact other than a negative impact on those trying to ascend. Go back to .is
my my my
my dear mvp2v1, you fail to grasp the gravity of the situation
I am not giving you a choice, this is an order.
tatsumi-where-have-you-gone.png