Braces at 16, thoughts?

doordie

doordie

Iron
Would braces at 16 be a good idea or will this fuck up facial development? I hear mixed thoughts on this, so I am curious.
I suffer from crowding/crooked teeth, which is why i want braces in the first place. Should i wait until puberty is finished? or do i go through with this?

• +1
Reactions: shalomnigga
why tf would you be against braces? it ascends you

• +1
Reactions: mike21, zura and ungewist
What? It recesses maxilla.
Id you have a tooth gap!
Just get bonding 10x cheaper and looks better doesn’t recess or change bones

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
What? It recesses maxilla.
Id you have a tooth gap!
Just get bonding 10x cheaper and looks better doesn’t recess or change bones
does it really recess the maxilla? what age should you get braces at then

does it really recess the maxilla? what age should you get braces at then
None. Braces are not natural bro they recess the maxilla only get if you have serious teeth problems!

• +1
None. Braces are not natural bro they recess the maxilla only get if you have serious teeth problems!
The idea that braces can recess the maxilla (upper jaw) is not accurate. Braces are orthodontic appliances designed to straighten and align teeth. They work by applying gentle and controlled forces to the teeth, causing them to move into their desired positions. Braces do not have a direct impact on the position of the maxilla itself.

Maxillary recession (a retruded or backward position of the upper jaw) is a complex issue that can be influenced by various factors, including genetics, growth patterns, and environmental factors. In some cases, orthodontic treatment may involve the use of appliances like expanders to widen the upper jaw, but this is not the same as causing maxillary recession.

It's important to consult with an orthodontist or oral and maxillofacial surgeon if you have concerns about the position of your jaw or face. They can provide a comprehensive evaluation and recommend appropriate treatments if necessary. Keep in mind that orthodontic treatments are typically focused on improving the alignment of the teeth rather than directly influencing the position of the jaw.

the exact opposite. 90% of orthos pull your face back to fix overbite instead of moving lower jaw forward. ortho botched me when i was younger. im going back soon to fix.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ungewist, Allornothing and DoII
ask for palate expansion or they are going to cuck you.

• +1
the exact opposite. 90% of orthos pull your face back to fix overbite instead of moving lower jaw forward. ortho botched me when i was younger. im going back soon to fix.
how can you fix it ?

If youre rich you can use shit like invisable braces. Honestly always go for it.
Especially if your teeth dont lock in correctly since that shit gives you facial asymmetry.

The idea that braces can recess the maxilla (upper jaw) is not accurate. Braces are orthodontic appliances designed to straighten and align teeth. They work by applying gentle and controlled forces to the teeth, causing them to move into their desired positions. Braces do not have a direct impact on the position of the maxilla itself.

Maxillary recession (a retruded or backward position of the upper jaw) is a complex issue that can be influenced by various factors, including genetics, growth patterns, and environmental factors. In some cases, orthodontic treatment may involve the use of appliances like expanders to widen the upper jaw, but this is not the same as causing maxillary recession.

It's important to consult with an orthodontist or oral and maxillofacial surgeon if you have concerns about the position of your jaw or face. They can provide a comprehensive evaluation and recommend appropriate treatments if necessary. Keep in mind that orthodontic treatments are typically focused on improving the alignment of the teeth rather than directly influencing the position of the jaw.
Chatgpt ass answer lol

• JFL
Reactions: ungewist and funkyflamingo
Braces for overbite will barely recess the maxilla

Bro braces only recess you when tooth extraction is done braces only straightens teeth

• JFL
Reactions: DoII