Can being in a calorie deficit harm puberty?

Iuri._rosa

Iuri._rosa

I hate how I look
They say that being in caloric surplus produces more estrogen and others say that being in deficit produces less testosterone, after all, what is the difference between the two?

Don't be in a deficit in your teens, your body is growing and needs the extra food (bulking) Deficit in your teens is just self sabotage.
Just go gym and the fat will go away.

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker and grooxx
Don't be in a deficit in your teens, your body is growing and needs the extra food (bulking) Deficit in your teens is just self sabotage.
Just go gym and the fat will go away.
Do you think doing Mike Menzer's method can help me? And make me produce less cortisol?

Makes no difference. Even if you starve in ur teens you will be the height you’re supposed to be according to genetics

• +1
Reactions: qxtwz7854
Do you think doing Mike Menzer's method can help me?
As in low volume workout? Arnold split worked well for me and idk about cortisol, justb dont stress about it as that will cause more of it lol

As in low volume workout? Arnold split worked well for me and idk about cortisol, justb dont stress about it as that will cause more of it lol
Probably bro lol :lul: , thanks man

• +1
Reactions: NationalWarrior
Makes no difference. Even if you starve in ur teens you will be the height you’re supposed to be according to genetics
I really don't know bro, I have two brothers, one is 5'10 19y (did not have good nutrition) and another 6'0 18y (also didn't have good nutrition) but I was gymcel from 13 to 14 and ate a lot of shit and in surplus and today i'm 5'11ft 14,8y

I really don't know bro, I have two brothers, one is 5'10 19y (did not have good nutrition) and another 6'0 18y ( also didn't have good nutrition) but I was gymcel from 13 to 14 and ate a lot of shit and in surplus and today i'm 5'11ft 14,8y
And also my bones are much better than theirs

Last edited:
But I really don't know if it was because of that or if it's genetics.

as long as you don't starvemaxx like a spaz you should be fine, go like 300-400 below what ur eating rn and eat good quality protein like meat eggs etc and ur good to go

as long as you don't starvemaxx like a spaz you should be fine, go like 300-400 below what ur eating rn and eat good quality protein like meat eggs etc and ur good to go
I did this, and it felt a lot better for some reason

They say that being in caloric surplus produces more estrogen and others say that being in deficit produces less testosterone, after all, what is the difference between the two?
I had anorexy when I was 16, don't do deficit. Mental state close to that of a plant. Male hormones drop down really low, no more will to fuck

I did this, and it felt a lot better for some reason
yea just carry on then, you dont gotta starvemaxx, i'm 16 too so i got a bit left as well, just keep at what ur doing and you'll be fine, also try to be NT as well

But I really don't know if it was because of that or if it's genetics.
It's a mix. The ones who say it doesn't matter are the ones that will break from a judo kick.

Caloric deficit is harmful than helpful. You just need good metabolism which is more than likely genetic.

not worth the risk, after 18 you'll have plenty of time to max yourself out

It's a mix. The ones who say it doesn't matter are the ones that will break from a judo kick.

Caloric deficit is harmful than helpful. You just need good metabolism which is more than likely genetic.
Thanks man

not worth the risk, after 18 you'll have plenty of time to max yourself out
I will continue, I don't want to have the hormones and bones of a girl

I had anorexy when I was 16, don't do deficit. Mental state close to that of a plant. Male hormones drop down really low, no more will to fuck
I had anemia when I was 11, I don't want to have it again, I will continue until the moment I need to cut it and do it again, thanks man

Just go hard at sport, and eat enough to perform. Eat as much as you want but go as hard as you can on sport

Just go hard at sport, and eat enough to perform. Eat as much as you want but go as hard as you can on sport
I'm trying to do this, jumping rope every day for 1 hour, and training intensely 4 times a week