Can tretinoin have the same effect as accutane when it comes to shrinking your nose?

mnbvcxz

mnbvcxz

Levantlet
I know accutane shrinks your oil glands or wtv on your nose, making it look smaller,

Does tret do the same thing?? Somewhat???

• +1
Reactions: bluderbra
accutane is just a brand name for isotretinoin, a more effective derivative of vitamin a than tretinoin

• +1
Reactions: mnbvcxz
Yes, you need to snort the tretionin so that once it reaches the nasal cavity it can do its job.

It's a vasoconstrictor so it can make the vessels smaller and thin out the nasal bridge.

• WTF
accutane is just a brand name for isotretinoin, a more effective derivative of vitamin a than tretinoin
Do u know anything abt using hydrocortisone to shrink nose? I wanna do that but “thinning of the skin” is a symptom of using too much topical steroids, which also come with symptoms like super irritated skin and peeling soo..

Do u know anything abt using hydrocortisone to shrink nose? I wanna do that but “thinning of the skin” is a symptom of using too much topical steroids, which also come with symptoms like super irritated skin and peeling soo..
should be effective in a high enough dose if used for a couple months

• +1
2 different mechanisms.
isotretinoin will shrink sebaceous glands which can reduce the size of the pores on the nose.
tretinoin can exfoliate them which keeps them small (will not shrink pore size though). its also reported to have subcutaneous fat dissolving properties which can reduce nose width and bulbous appearance.

• +1
Reactions: caiolindo, micropp and buflek
I know accutane shrinks your oil glands or wtv on your nose, making it look smaller,

Does tret do the same thing?? Somewhat???
No, have been using tret from skinorac for almost a year without issues

• +1
Tret + cortisteriods should do the trick
but takes time and the results are small but effective, the only thing i can genuinely tell is my nose on selfie camera looks smaller and thinner , almost like it has a smooth filter

• +1
but takes time and the results are small but effective, the only thing i can genuinely tell is my nose on selfie camera looks smaller and thinner , almost like it has a smooth filter
how often do u apply the corticosteroids? Would hydrocortisone 1% work?

can you share your routine

• +1