Can you do both genio and a chin implant?

Lonenely sigma

Lonenely sigma

Future "username-o-plasty" candidate
Genio is good for increasing the projection and mandibular lenght, whilst an implant is good for stretching out the soft tissue and giving a more defined shape to the chin

Can you thus do genio first and a chin implant at a later time, or would the healed chin bone be too weak for a big chin implant?

Would it cause bone erosion?

@RealSurgerymax

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: DonaldJTrump and aspiringexcel
I know a small implant can be done after genio but is its size limited by the weaker/thinner bone of the chin post genioplasty?

Genio is good for increasing the projection and mandibular lenght, whilst an implant is good for stretching out the soft tissue and giving a more defined shape to the chin

Can you thus do genio first and a chin implant at a later time, or would the healed chin bone be too weak for a big chin implant?

Would it cause bone erosion?

@RealSurgerymax
Yes I add small chin implants for recontouring in more than half of post bimax/genio cases like in this case
IMG 7447

Chin implants can also be combined with genioplasties at the same time like in this case where it was combined with the plate for recontouring purposes

IMG 5725

• +1
Reactions: Softboymaxx and Lonenely sigma
Yes I add small chin implants for recontouring in more than half of post bimax/genio cases like in this case
View attachment 2899154

Chin implants can also be combined with genioplasties at the same time like in this case where it was combined with the plate for recontouring purposes

View attachment 2899156
What if I need a big chin implant (~8mm) POST genio? Would that be possible?

View attachment 2899154

View attachment 2899156
The main question I have is whether I'd be able to "push" my chin more through a combination of genioplasty and an implant or would a modified big implant/modified genioplasty with bone grafts do a better job.

You said before that a combination of individual procedures is always better than a single big one, but I also heard that bone is thinner after an osteotomy so it made me wonder if an implant would make it erode faster

What if I need a big chin implant (~8mm) POST genio? Would that be possible?
Yes but who did your genio to where you would need 8mm chin implant after? Obviously didn’t come to the right place….

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
The main question I have is whether I'd be able to "push" my chin more through a combination of genioplasty and an implant or would a modified big implant/modified genioplasty with bone grafts do a better job.

You said before that a combination of individual procedures is always better than a single big one, but I also heard that bone is thinner after an osteotomy so it made me wonder if an implant would make it erode faster
The bone isn’t thinner or prone to erosion after genioplasty, that’s just incel science.

Combination is better so we can get full contouring control, not because we need to stack procedures to get max projection. We can get max projection with genioplasty alone

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
Yes but who did your genio to where you would need 8mm chin implant after? Obviously didn’t come to the right place….
Nah I am 18 and broke, but since I do wanna go with you once I moneymaxx this got me interested quite a bit

The bone isn’t thinner or prone to erosion after genioplasty, that’s just incel science.

Combination is better so we can get full contouring control, not because we need to stack procedures to get max projection. We can get max projection with genioplasty alone
Right, sounds cool then. At the end of the day every case is unique so this is as far as I can learn without a proper consultation.

Thanks a lot, makes sense

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back