Computer Science Redpill (400k/yr out of college)

gigacope college is indoctrination and a waste of money. my trade degree in welding is based and masculine. im only 23 and i take morphine everyday to alleviate my back pain but that has nothing to do with it
can i buy your e-book on alibaba pencil reselling pls bro?

i’m 15 and entrepreneurial minded. just made $ 350this month dropshipping alibaba earpods

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing and AlwaysHaveQuestions
sounds misleading

I assume you would be competing with ultra high IQ Asians for that job. Not to mention such a job with such a salary would have to be in Silicon Valley. With all the taxes and high cost of living. That 400k might not look all that great.

The robot AI is on the horizon or so people say. If it ever does come to fruition what happens to those 400k jobs
A surprising amount of people don't resume/interview maxx, which is why I'm posting here because I see the opportunity. These jobs exist in most large cities, but yeah the plurality is probably in SV. However, a lot of jobs are now allowing remote option, and I know some like Reddit pay the same regardless of location (so you can make SV salary in Uganda).

When the singularity happens all jobs will be gone, it's not a legitimate concern.

can i buy your e-book on alibaba pencil reselling pls bro?

i’m 15 and entrepreneurial minded. just made $ 350this month dropshipping alibaba earpods
a real man works for himself. wage cucks btfo

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Entschuldigung, Ronnie and turkproducer
400k/year right out of school is extremely unrealistic
it's more like:
graduate with no work experience/low programming skills: 45-65k/year
graduate with some work experience/decent programming skills: 65-80k/year
graduate with work experience/good programming skills: 80-100k/year
graduate with good work experience (i.e. intern at big companies, learn a lot) and very good programming skills: 90-120k/year

at least these are the figures for canada/toronto specifically

400k as your total comp package is more like someone who has just reached senior level in terms of experience and is working at a really well paying company (i.e. he's cream of the crop)
Yeah its over for non US people. I'm making 120k pro-rated from my internship and a full time offer from my company is 275k+. Look at all the links I've sent and look through teamblind.com, this post is a redpill for a reason.

Yeah its over for non US people. I'm making 120k pro-rated from my internship and a full time offer from my company is 275k+. Look at all the links I've sent and look through teamblind.com, this post is a redpill for a reason.
the rates I posted apply to the US as well outside of silicon valley
hell I just accepted a FAANG offer and it isn't even 400k and I'm intermediate level rn

the rates I posted apply to the US as well outside of silicon valley
hell I just accepted a FAANG offer and it isn't even 400k and I'm intermediate level rn
FAANG canada?

• +1
Reactions: sytyl
yeah
it'd be a similar rate but in usd if it were the states
Strongly doubt... either your offer is 250k+ which proves my point or canada is underpaid. 400k is for HFT firms.

• +1
Reactions: sytyl
Strongly doubt... either your offer is 250k+ which proves my point or canada is underpaid. 400k is for HFT firms.
it is above that but this is like the top 1-10% of jobs in terms of pay in this field is my point

• +1
Reactions: zuckerborg
gigacope college is indoctrination and a waste of money. my trade degree in welding is based and masculine. im only 23 and i take morphine everyday to alleviate my back pain but that has nothing to do with it
Trades is gigacope too. I’m 18 fresh out of high school making 6 figures a month. I’m making money work for me. All it takes is hard work, a plan and my secret knowledge. Purchase my seminar for my secret knowledge on how to make money work for you.

• JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: MakinMogReturns, Anchor_Ship, ShowerMaxxing and 5 others
it is above that but this is like the top 1-10% of jobs in terms of pay in this field is my point
I agree, I'm making this post to a) spread awareness that these kinds of salaries exist (and I don't think they do in other fields) and b) encourage people to resume + interview + referral maxx to maximize their chances of getting these offers because I think that you can increase your chance of acceptance drastically. I'm not saying that as soon as you graduate with a CS degree you will be handed a 400k offer on a golden platter.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and sytyl
Congrats on the offer btw!

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and sytyl
Informative thread

When did you start programming?

brutals.

But yeah. A good salary for sure.
If still has free time to enjoy it, and to looksmaxx and gymmaxx. than is 100% perfect.

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
Informative thread

When did you start programming?
I was first exposed to programming in 10th grade, started taking it more seriously in 11th.
brutals.

If still has free time to enjoy it, and to looksmaxx and gymmaxx. than is 100% perfect.
imo SWE is the best for salary + wlb + benefits. Actually most big companies have a good onsite gym.

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and Ataru
Forgot the part where you need severe autism for it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9568 and TITUS
Forgot the part where you need severe autism for it
I think to the contrary, most of the best SWEs I know are very interesting well rounded people.

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and sytyl
I was first exposed to programming in 10th grade, started taking it more seriously in 11th.

imo SWE is the best for salary + wlb + benefits. Actually most big companies have a good onsite gym.
I have zero experience @18, you think Khan Academy or those courses on Udemy offer a decent base of knowledge to get the ball rolling?

Not everyone can just say im going to study CS and be a good engineer and do it, you need some natural skills, most likely.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12611, RealTruecel and AlexAP
400k is within reasonable range for 7 years of experience. competitive new grads in the states make about 100k and more in HCOL area.

College helps with getting the interview but not with the offer, which depends on interview performance. You can interviewmaxx by grinding competitive programming/competitive math.
Competitive mathematics, ala the content that would be featured on the Putnam Test, is useless for CS interviews. Completely and totally useless. You only need basic discrete math in order to do well in CS.

My resume is made up.

I looksmax to look good when it matters, for interviews and social interactions, and professional networking.

I can pick up anything I need knowledge-related, online

what I do well, is thinking on my feet and learn fast, so that I give the idea I'm competent.

technology is a cancer

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing and john2
still not motivated,
would rather LDAR

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship
I have zero experience @18, you think Khan Academy or those courses on Udemy offer a decent base of knowledge to get the ball rolling?
Sure, the main thing is that you actually put in work and are consistent. Just pick a course and actually finish it. TBH tho I feel learning CS fundamentals is a lot more important than learning specific web dev stuff. If you know your fundamentals picking up new technologies is easy. I would learn a language well (I recommend python and/or cpp), and then just do a lot of leetcode/competitive programming questions in that language.
Not everyone can just say im going to study CS and be a good engineer and do it, you need some natural skills, most likely.
I addressed this:
I agree, I'm making this post to a) spread awareness that these kinds of salaries exist (and I don't think they do in other fields) and b) encourage people to resume + interview + referral maxx to maximize their chances of getting these offers because I think that you can increase your chance of acceptance drastically. I'm not saying that as soon as you graduate with a CS degree you will be handed a 400k offer on a golden platter.

400k is within reasonable range for 7 years of experience. competitive new grads in the states make about 100k and more in HCOL area.
Are you saying all of the links I have provided are wrong? What is your idea of competitive? At FAANG you can easily expect 250k+ with signing bonus.
what I do well, is thinking on my feet and learn fast, so that I give the idea I'm competent.
What's your point your post is too high iq for me

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and Ataru
brutals.

He doesn't work at Facebook anymore, this man's life should be studied by all who think computer science would make them successful, it's just one bad luck after another - he bought expensive gifts, cars and houses for his wife, he was still dumped, fired because of his youtube account, felt victim to some cryptocurrencies scams, invested badly in stocks and coins that dropped in value, sold other ones that then increased in value a lot, etc...

Last edited:
He doesn't work at Facebook anymore, this man's life should be studied by all who think computer science would make them successful.

Negative IQ argument. I can only guess at the points you're trying to make since you don't lay them out, but 1) if you don't want to get fired from a job for having an extremely public youtube channel, then don't do it (this problem literally applies to like 0.001% of SWEs) 2) if you don't want to lose money from risky investments, don't do risky investments. For him, he can afford to lose 200k. These in no way refute or even address that CS will make you successful.

It’s not a cope at all. I graduated from a #1 ranked CS school in the US (one of Berkeley/CMU/Stanford/MIT)
I’ll make around 240k guaranteed and probably around 260-270k my first year out of undergrad as a software engineer at a prop trading firm. If I manage to make it 4-5 years in, I’ll probably safely make in the 500-600k range yearly. This is a pretty middle of the pack amount I’d say for top firms. My really smart friend is going to make 465k his first year out of school at Citadel lol.

Also there’s only one FAANG afaik I know that pays 250k+ first year new grad and that’s if you’re a returning intern there and get the highest signing bonus (100k). I interned there but didn’t get the highest offer.

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship and zuckerborg
He doesn't work at Facebook anymore, this man's life should be studied by all who think computer science would make them successful, it's just one bad luck after another - he bought expensive gifts, cars and houses for his wife, he was still dumped, fired because of his youtube account, felt victim to some cryptocurrencies scams, invested badly in stocks and coins that dropped in value, sold other ones that then increased in value a lot, etc...

He be childless incel virgin though, without his carreer/money/income throughout his life so far.

Plenty of this stuff is brutals.
At the same time, I dislike his whinny attitude and talks. He only knows his pains. I bet if he was a regular "poor" childless virgin incel man; he be bitching about that to. He escaped childless, virgin, and at that time incel, status due to his money. And now he's complaining about the high costs.

He be childless incel virgin though, without his carreer/money/income throughout his life so far.

Plenty of this stuff is brutals.
At the same time, I dislike his whinny attitude and talks. He only knows his pains. I bet if he was a regular "poor" childless virgin incel man; he be bitching about that to. He escaped childless, virgin, and at that time incel, status due to his money. And now he's complaining about the high costs.
Some people no matter what they do, are still gonna lose in life, this guy is a perfect example of how hard work means nothing if you are unlucky and lost the genetic lottery.

Some people no matter what they do, are still gonna lose in life, this guy is a perfect example of how hard work means nothing if you are unlucky and lost the genetic lottery.
Yeah, that's a legit conclusion.

It's in their case, more a matter off: What type of "pains" does one aim to go for?
Staying virgin, childless, with more money is painfull.
Betabuxxing alot, and financial pain and stress; but with having some sex and a child.

Ideally A dude can get all the good stuff, and little of the bad stuff. But that only in general for Chads and the lucky ones a options I guess

• +1
Reactions: Gonthar

It's in their case, more a matter off: What type of "pains" does one aim to go for?
Betabuxxing alot, and financial pain and stress; but with having some sex and a child.

Ideally A dude can get all the good stuff, and little of the bad stuff. But that only in general for Chads and the lucky ones a options I guess
There are lesser "pains" than others,

for example. I don't really want kids in the future, but that's very individual.

There are lesser "pains" than others,

for example. I don't really want kids in the future, but that's very individual.
yeah, pains are different per person. And also, pains become more or less with different times in life.

childless, from what i seen. doesn't has any pain on a 25 year old. But more on plenty 55 year olds being childless can be very painfull.

Just bang hookers and adopt a child if you want one or use a surrogate mother to give it birth, making sure no one can take the kid from you...

It’s not a cope at all. I graduated from a #1 ranked CS school in the US (one of Berkeley/CMU/Stanford/MIT)
I’ll make around 240k guaranteed and probably around 260-270k my first year out of undergrad as a software engineer at a prop trading firm. If I manage to make it 4-5 years in, I’ll probably safely make in the 500-600k range yearly. This is a pretty middle of the pack amount I’d say for top firms. My really smart friend is going to make 465k his first year out of school at Citadel lol.

Also there’s only one FAANG afaik I know that pays 250k+ first year new grad and that’s if you’re a returning intern there and get the highest signing bonus (100k). I interned there but didn’t get the highest offer.
What a beast :feelsahh:

lol unless you live in california or NYC and are well connected, this is just unattainable. I wouldn't expect to make more than $100k for the average person in tech (on your first job). It's still good money though but half a million dollars is just delusional right out of school.

• +1
Reactions: stamaster21
lol unless you live in california or NYC and are well connected, this is just unattainable. I wouldn't expect to make more than $100k for the average person in tech (on your first job). It's still good money though but half a million dollars is just delusional right out of school.
Not if you know what you’re doing see my comment above. I know like around 10 friends making 400-450k in quant finance first year out of undergrad.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: zuckerborg and Seth Walsh
Not if you know what you’re doing see my comment above. I know like around 10 friends making 400-450k in quant finance first year out of undergrad.
What’s their specific job and who’s employing them and where? 450k first year out of undergrad is amazing. These 10 guys must be some of the smartest young quants in the world …?

What’s their specific job and who’s employing them and where? 450k first year out of undergrad is amazing. These 10 guys must be some of the smartest young quants in the world …?
Quant/traders in general definitely have the much higher ceiling, but the majority of these guys I know are software engineers heading to one of Citadel/JaneStreet/HudsonRiverTrading. From my personal experience, those are the 3 most popular firms I think that pay that much. Most top firms pay new grad swe/trading/quant about the same, but trading/quant compensation progression increases much quicker and if you’re not making profit you’re shown the door pretty quick. Software engineering is sort of less risk less reward.

also keep in mind that base salary is usually only 150-175k, it’s just that these firms end up making so much profit they give out insane yearly cash and signing bonuses. The structure of these firms is really flat, so like the people making millions each year are only making 175k in base salary and the rest in bonus because of their performance.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, zuckerborg and Seth Walsh
i just started getting my comp sci degree, I like that you give me lifefuel.

also this is bs.

a handful of the BEST CS guys, talking here MIT, Caltech, will get 200k+ straight put.of school.at FAANG, but a lot is options.

there will.also be the top IIT guys who will go get more at FAANG, Nvidia, and increasingly, Samsung (jfl at being a 22yr.old.dravidian subhuman living in Seoul around all the enhanced Korean babes).

then there will be an even smaller group who go to somewhere like Renaissance Technologies or some smaller Quant funds, and they will hit $1m pretty quickly, but one.mistake and they're out.

however the point remains that CS, if u r half decent, or even CE, is a path to a stress free, high income life where u can.always be comfortable, provided you dont live TOO extravagant

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship and Chinacurry
I have 2 friends who didn't even go to college and they got HFT jobs, they're making 350k+ (they're like 19).
How did they get an HFT job without a degree? I thought this kind of jobs requires a degree

If you are smart you can expect to make 15k+/mo over the summer, and when you graduate you can get an offer for ~400k/yr (with high bonus can be higher), with progression to 1M+ TC within ~5 years (tbh attainable first year if you work hard + get lucky). FAANG new grad offers are lower but still like ~275k.

You are making 70k max for the next 5 years enjoy rotting nerd