Computer Science Redpill (400k/yr out of college)

400k/year out of college ok nigga:lul:
Most dudes are gonna be making like 50-65k out of school at best. Very few people with connections these folks will start off at 75-100k.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16101 and .👽.
400k is close to a sr. offer at FAANG, rises up to 600 after 2 years into the stock grant, and then after 4 years (length of a stock grant) settles at around 500k. The average SWE is not getting to senior at FAANG. You need a 140+ iq to be able to grasp competitive programming well enough to get into big tech at all, maybe 135 + lots of work ethic would do.

Right out of college you can expect 100k if you're good. Then 1-2 years after that you can start interviewing at top companies, and you'll probably need more than 1 year of failures, so realistically 3 years out of college you can get the starter salary at FAANG of 200-250, which rises to 300-400 by 3rd/4th year, and falls to low 300's after 4 years if you haven't gotten promoted. However, at 2 years at a top company, you can interview for senior at another top company, and get the salaries described in the 1st paragraph. Btw, companies like Nvidia and Snap are just as good as FAANG and pay just as much.

source: swe veteran at FAANG

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16101 and .👽.
400k is close to a sr. offer at FAANG, rises up to 600 after 2 years into the stock grant, and then after 4 years (length of a stock grant) settles at around 500k. The average SWE is not getting to senior at FAANG. You need a 140+ iq to be able to grasp competitive programming well enough to get into big tech at all, maybe 135 + lots of work ethic would do.

Right out of college you can expect 100k if you're good. Then 1-2 years after that you can start interviewing at top companies, and you'll probably need more than 1 year of failures, so realistically 3 years out of college you can get the starter salary at FAANG of 200-250, which rises to 300-400 by 3rd/4th year, and falls to low 300's after 4 years if you haven't gotten promoted. However, at 2 years at a top company, you can interview for senior at another top company, and get the salaries described in the 1st paragraph. Btw, companies like Nvidia and Snap are just as good as FAANG and pay just as much.

source: swe veteran at FAANG
Spot on nigga
My bros SDE II at amazon
this shit is not a joke he's been busting ass since day 1 of college

we kinda got cucked by our moms genes no offense to her she's just an average american woman
my dad is a fucking 150 iq electrical engineering autist tho

how much you making bruh
also is it possible to polywork as a SWE

Last edited:
Spot on nigga
My bros SDE II at amazon
this shit is not a joke he's been busting ass since day 1 of college

we kinda got cucked by our moms genes no offense to her she's just an average american woman
my dad is a fucking 150 iq electrical engineering autist tho

how much you making bruh
also is it possible to polywork as a SWE
I'm at roughly 350 now but want to land a sr. position that will start at 400-450. Amazon has the worst work/life balance in FAANG, I don't work more than a few hours a day.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 16101
@CosmicMaxxer

What % of engineers make it past terminal level (L4/E5/amazon L6)?
My bro says 10% but hes just guessing

@CosmicMaxxer

What % of engineers make it past terminal level (L4/E5/amazon L6)?
My bro says 10% but hes just guessing
Well ppl get past L4 at G quite frequently, since L5 used to be terminal. But in general, to make it past sr. engineer to staff or manager, over a lifetime, I'm guessing a decent % do. I don't plan on it for myself though, would rather work less and still bag 500.

• +1
Well ppl get past L4 at G quite frequently, since L5 used to be terminal. But in general, to make it past sr. engineer to staff or manager, over a lifetime, I'm guessing a decent % do. I don't plan on it for myself though, would rather work less and still bag 500.
good shit bro
I'm in med school 2 months away from getting my MD, going to radiology next
it's been interesting comparing with my brother who went the CS route
our lifestyles are the same tho cuz we're both frugal boring fucks and dad paid tuition :lul:

@CosmicMaxxer

do you mind sharing how many years of experience you have in FAANG or CS in general?

• +1