Currently surgerymaxxing AMA

DefinitelyNT

DefinitelyNT

Aut chad aut nihil
Currently in hospital about to have a genioplasty in 12 hrs. Might update this following the operation too, we'll see how brutal the recovery is

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: kebab, coisbhai, devonhendryx999 and 6 others
send pics
i wish u luck :feelsuhh:

• +1
Reactions: DefinitelyNT

Attachments

• IMG_20231213_004151.jpg
    IMG_20231213_004151.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231213_004304.jpg
    IMG_20231213_004304.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 0
  • Woah
Reactions: plukee
ur like me lol

Currently in hospital about to have a genioplasty in 12 hrs. Might update this following the operation too, we'll see how brutal the recovery is
Do you actually need it.

• +1
Reactions: coomahboomah, enchanted_elixir and bradpittshairline
What is next on your bucketlist?

What is next on your bucketlist?
Honestly I'm happy with the rest of my face, so no surgeries. Might start going to gym a bit more though, gotta put on some mass

Thx brah, see below for before/after goals

perfect example of a case in which genioplasty is worth it (instead of bimax), see how small the labiomental fold is in the after. good decision and good luck

• +1
Reactions: bradpittshairline
Honestly I'm happy with the rest of my face, so no surgeries. Might start going to gym a bit more though, gotta put on some mass
I am also thinking about gwnio so I am interested in how it's gonna turn out for you and if you are gonna be satisfied. Gl man.

perfect example of a case in which genioplasty is worth it (instead of bimax), see how small the labiomental fold is in the after. good decision and good luck
Thanks, yeah I'm a weird case in that everything developed well except that part of the chin. Pure genetic determinism unfortunately

I am also thinking about gwnio so I am interested in how it's gonna turn out for you and if you are gonna be satisfied. Gl man.
Cheers mate

Best of luck. Make sure to post results in the new surgery subforum!

• +1
Reactions: sudanguy and DefinitelyNT
I'm back boyos, just got out of intensive after surgery commenced circa 10am AEDT Feel surprisingly lucid and coherent but the swelling is pretty noticeable (like a bee sting on already fat lips lmao)

• +1
Reactions: coomahboomah and Deleted member 30679
Can u tag me in ur results

Tag me too bro hoping it goes well.

I have a fucked bite so I guess I’ll need BSSO instead

• +1
How are you feeling bhai

How are you feeling bhai
Still giga swollen, but pain is minimal. Gonna wear a head strap for the next 2 weeks 😞

At least I have mogger under eye support from the chipmunk cheeks

• +1
Reactions: coisbhai
Still giga swollen, but pain is minimal. Gonna wear a head strap for the next 2 weeks 😞

keep us updated, we care about you nigga

• Love it
what type of genio and how many mm did you bring your chin foward

Update: almost one week post surgery and swelling has gone down significantly, starting to get a good idea of the final result and I'm very happy. Bruising is still notable so I'll continue to be a vampire for another week or so, but should be able to do shit in public by Christmas.

I've also noticed that proper tongue posture is far easier than before. Prior to surgery it was a conscious effort, and now it's just natural.

Worst part is the soft af diet, had to consume pureed food and fluids for a few days which was brutal. Just had some braised beef tonight which was insanely good despite being a frozen meal jfl meat is finally back on the menu 🙏

• +1
Reactions: Jungcuck and Kazuya
good luck

• +1
please give up before and after pics 🙏

You have to wear it 24/7 the whole first 2 weeks?

Update: almost one week post surgery and swelling has gone down significantly, starting to get a good idea of the final result and I'm very happy. Bruising is still notable so I'll continue to be a vampire for another week or so, but should be able to do shit in public by Christmas.
How bad/noticeable is the bruising? I'm planning on getting a genio soon and was wondering if I could do Zoom meetings for work if I had to after a week

You have to wear it 24/7 the whole first 2 weeks?

How bad/noticeable is the bruising? I'm planning on getting a genio soon and was wondering if I could do Zoom meetings for work if I had to after a week
That's what my surgeon recommended and I don't mind since I'm living by myself anyway. Significantly helps with swelling. I'll take it off for an hour a day though just to get some breathing room, usually while eating.

Bruising is worse for me than normal people because of some meds I'm on, but for the average patient I think most bad bruising is gone after a week. For me it'll probably be two in total. Fwiw the bruising tends to spread down from the face to the neck, so even if it's still present you could probably wear a high neck line to conceal it.

@recessedchincell @Geoff2024 @bradpittshairline @soover4me
3815749 IMG 20231213 004304
3815748 IMG 20231213 004151

IMG20231224154232

IMG20231224154237

Before pics vs 11 days post op pics attached. As you can see bruising is still annoying, hoping it resolves after another week. Swelling has come down significantly from the day after surgery, I was a genuine balloon figure back then lmao. Overall happy with the result so far, can't wait to see when it fully comes through. Definitely noticed much better overall facial harmony too, but not posting whole face here since I don't trust the internet :feelshehe:

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: sudanguy, 5.5psl, Deleted member 52374 and 4 others
Great result
How many surgeons did you consult? Any well known blackpill ones? Did they all suggest genio only or did any recommend lower jaw decompensation followed by BSSO + genio?

Great result
How many surgeons did you consult? Any well known blackpill ones? Did they all suggest genio only or did any recommend lower jaw decompensation followed by BSSO + genio?
went to two, both seemed pretty switched on about aesthetics but idk if you'd call them blackpilled lol (definitely not mentioned on this forum). Inquired about whether jaw surgery was worth it but they strongly recommended against it especially after x-rays. Said it was all in the chin bone, which I think was the correct decision. No point in overkill for maybe a 1% better outcome.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30679 and PrimoMaxxer
Sliding genio, right?
Your chin looks very short from the front.

Are you sure harmony is improved?

I really don't to mean to be that guy, but despite the huge improvement, it doesn't look greeeat. Besides weird height, mentolabial fold is still meh.

A well designed chin implant on top of that could get you to 100% :feelsokman:
Would agree an 'ideal' chin would be a bit longer, but I'm happy with where it's at now, plus the swelling is still there so throws off the proportion around the jaw/chin.

Yes I'm sure harmony is improved. Probably could've taken better angled photos tbh, my head is tilted forward a bit - will do a better one for next update.

Also no chance I'm getting a chin implant. I reckon it could look better aesthetically but I never want to worry about this shit again, and chin implants are notorious for causing issues later down the line.

• +1
Reactions: ccwarrior
The submental area stretching is great, it must make a big difference irl

The lips are now symmetrical too - due to fixed mentalis strain?

Fire

First and final surgerymax? Fair
It does, original reason I actual figured out I had a recessed chin was because of mentalis strain. Had little fat pockets under the lips (hard to see because of lighting in before pics) which pissed me off, and they were due to a lack of chin support.

Yeah was considering otoplasty briefly, but decided genio would lengthen the face and balance it out, which it impressively has. Such an OP surgery considering the cost.

• +1
Reactions: ccwarrior
@recessedchincell @Geoff2024 @bradpittshairline @soover4me
View attachment 2628337View attachment 2628336
View attachment 2628339
View attachment 2628338
Before pics vs 11 days post op pics attached. As you can see bruising is still annoying, hoping it resolves after another week. Swelling has come down significantly from the day after surgery, I was a genuine balloon figure back then lmao. Overall happy with the result so far, can't wait to see when it fully comes through. Definitely noticed much better overall facial harmony too, but not posting whole face here since I don't trust the internet :feelshehe:
Holy shit, mirin the results
If Gandy is gracious I hope I can get results like this 🙏

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: soover4me
Beautiful results man congrats

• +1
Kifefuel

• +1
@Eli sorry forgot to tag you above

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30679
How much did it cost ?

Holy shit insane results
@5.5psl

• Love it
Reactions: 5.5psl
Any tips for picking the right surgeon

• +1
what’d u say to get genio goverement funded
It's a small rebate I still covered most of it. But I just went to my GP and asked for a referral. Funny thing is he'd never even heard of genioplasty, but gave it to me after I explained lip incompetence then I was good to go 😆

• +1
Reactions: coomahboomah