Did i chew too much ?

N

Neyney18

Iron
My "joints" hurts when i open my mouth

Idk if it's the "joints" but when i open it it hurts a lot

I chewed super hard yesterday and i'm wondering whats going on...

Is there something as too much chewing ?

Btw i used a chewing machine in plastic not chewing gum..

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23554, 5.5psl, Deleted member 19453 and 2 others
Just rest a few days don't chew too much everyday

• +1
Reactions: BoredPrince
My "joints" hurts when i open my mouth

Idk if it's the "joints" but when i open it it hurts a lot

I chewed super hard yesterday and i'm wondering whats going on...

Is there something as too much chewing ?

Btw i used a chewing machine in plastic not chewing gum..
yes, there is such a thing as overchewing, you should never try to use chewing machines or hard gum to get a jawline, only use a piece of chewing gum and chew 4 times each day, for 20 minutes max each chewing session. this will promote muscle and bone growth around the jaw area.

what youve done is, youve overworked your jaw and potentially used the cartilage. have you been doing these hard chewing exercises for a while now? for months? if so this could be the straw that broke the camel's back and you could have used up the cartilage and this could be permanent. if youve been chewing on the machine lightly on a regular basis now and have been chewing only for a short amount of time each day youll probably be fine and itll go away on its own.

i recommend you go to your doctor if the pain continues after 3 days.

yes, there is such a thing as overchewing, you should never try to use chewing machines or hard gum to get a jawline, only use a piece of chewing gum and chew 4 times each day, for 20 minutes max each chewing session. this will promote muscle and bone growth around the jaw area.

what youve done is, youve overworked your jaw and potentially used the cartilage. have you been doing these hard chewing exercises for a while now? for months? if so this could be the straw that broke the camel's back and you could have used up the cartilage and this could be permanent. if youve been chewing on the machine lightly on a regular basis now and have been chewing only for a short amount of time each day youll probably be fine and itll go away on its own.

Hey bro thx no that's the first time

71dHnh85hRL._AC_SY450_.jpg

It's something like this

and yeah first time of use...

i use it because i currently have invisalign on my teeth and can't really chew gum because of that but for the future i'll use it slower and i'll use gum when im finished with my teeth
Just rest a few days don't chew too much everyday

Thx bro

• +1
Reactions: Samiscool234
It's because your jaw muscles are sour just take rest and treat those muscles like any other muscle have high protein diet and enough sleep

does the part of your jaw that's connected to your ear hurt? you might have tmj

I had pains from overchewing first time it lasted me about 2 weeks, second time 2 months and I tought the pain will never leave!One year after these I overchewed on baked pig skin or smth like this and and the pain I had was on the right side, on the right side I only had small pains when I had the bad period!This pain lasted not more than 2 weeks!Now I am better, no pains, but my jaw always pops!My jaw is becoming better and betyer I think and I hope)).But sadly I think I got a kind of tmj.Now when I chew gum, i avoid to keep it more than 1 hour and I don't have any problems, just I hear small clicks when I yawn very hard or if I move my jaw side to side

Just stfu n chew

I had pains from overchewing first time it lasted me about 2 weeks, second time 2 months and I tought the pain will never leave!One year after these I overchewed on baked pig skin or smth like this and and the pain I had was on the right side, on the right side I only had small pains when I had the bad period!This pain lasted not more than 2 weeks!Now I am better, no pains, but my jaw always pops!My jaw is becoming better and betyer I think and I hope)).But sadly I think I got a kind of tmj.Now when I chew gum, i avoid to keep it more than 1 hour and I don't have any problems, just I hear small clicks when I yawn very hard or if I move my jaw side to side
How much gum were you chewing that caused you to get TMJ pain for 2 weeks / 2 months? And for how long?
Btw you chewing gum for an hour might be excessive, unless it's an occasional thing or you're breaking that hour into several smaller . If you're chewing gum for several smaller intervals of time (3 lots of 20 mins for example). I think an hour a day straight can lead to tmj problems in the future

Last edited:
How much gum were you chewing that caused you to get TMJ pain for 2 weeks / 2 months? And for how long?
Btw you chewing gum for an hour might be excessive, unless it's an occasional thing or you're breaking that hour into several smaller . If you're chewing gum for several smaller intervals of time (3 lots of 20 mins for example). I think an hour a day straight can lead to tmj problems in the future
Recently I started chewing 1 hour ocassinaly, I didn't get tmj back!But chewing 20min multiple times a day seems better!Fist time when I chewed I did for like 3 hours(first time) and I did tons of those stupid exercise such fish face, etc.The second time I got it, it was when my tmj almost went away, but a friend offered me a gum, I chewed like 10 min and I regreted that because tmh flared up!And btw I couldn't flex my right masseter without clenching, so after all my tmj went away, I chewed meat or carrots in both sides, but more on the right side!In a few a weeks I could flex my right masseter without clecnching too!Now I flex my masseters without clenching a lot of time during the day, but not that hard that they pop!I just like to feel the flexing so yeah, chewing didn't really made my masseters bigger, but I hope I will achive them!What time do y recommand chewing and how often?